Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #1

What to buy at Tampa Show

Our new Ventana will be arriving the first week in May. Going to Tampa Thursday and Friday. Are there any items we will be needing (TPMS Surge Protector etc) on which we would get a better deal at show than just waiting until coach is about to arrive and buying on line?

3715 Ventana - 2013 CRV
JakenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would definitely look for a TPMS - wouldn't travel without one. (We use the EEZ tire and love it) Also, a couple of 50/30/20 amp pigtail adapters are good to have around just in case, also check for water and sewage hoses (20 ft minimum) as well as a sewer line holder (to keep your line off the ground).

Probably a lot of other things you'll come across that you can pick up along the way. Good luck and happy glamping!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #3

I just bought a fiver. I will be heading to the show on Sunday hopefully they will have some good buys as well. Good luck with your coach!
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #4

Prices at the show are pretty similar for most products like adapters etc that you can get on Amazon. Some items like the folding ladders from Little Giant seem to have a better price. I bought my ladder and a flag pole at the show last year for the price.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #5

Good to know should have minimum be fun to at least walk around see all the good stuff.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #6

If you do any boondocking, check out Gen-turi's. I don't know how the prices will be at the show, but if you get a good deal, it's something you will want.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #7

I just pulled it up on Amazon and it does look like a pretty cool idea!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #8

I'm looking for some information on solar power. Also there are always a lot of campgrounds that have booths set up, might talk to some about opportunities for camp working or hosting.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #9

I looked hard for solar stuff the last two years and didn't find a single dealer.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:08 AM   #10

I have a short list of items that I was planning on getting for my 2017 Ventana LE. If I see better deals I will get them at the show. If not I will either get them from Amazon or Camping World if I can catch a sale. This includes roof vent covers and water filters that I want to get pretty quick.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #11

We're shopping for basement sliding trays, TPMS, and some new folding chairs. But you can bet I'll have the phone in my pocket and I'm not really expecting to beat online pricing. I would hate to be a vendor in this age of online information!

If we find some comfortable chairs then the price will be less important; fit is everything, like shoes.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakenJo View Post
Our new Ventana will be arriving the first week in May. Going to Tampa Thursday and Friday. Are there any items we will be needing (TPMS Surge Protector etc) on which we would get a better deal at show than just waiting until coach is about to arrive and buying on line?
I will just make one suggestion Jake, mainly because a TPMS is probably the one single most important piece of safety equipment IMHO.

We took delivery of our new Ventana just a couple months ago and are still getting it "road ready" to leave Florida. I already had a TST 507 TPMS on my previous coach. The folks at TST have been making their systems for a long time. I only needed to expand and update my system from 6 sensors to 12.

If TST is represented at the show and you can get a deal on one of their kits it will last and is very high quality. Currently a TST 507 kit with color monitor, 6 sensors, and a repeater can be found for around $350 on line.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
I will just make one suggestion Jake, mainly because a TPMS is probably the one single most important piece of safety equipment IMHO.

We took delivery of our new Ventana just a couple months ago and are still getting it "road ready" to leave Florida. I already had a TST 507 TPMS on my previous coach. The folks at TST have been making their systems for a long time. I only needed to expand and update my system from 6 sensors to 12.

If TST is represented at the show and you can get a deal on one of their kits it will last and is very high quality. Currently a TST 507 kit with color monitor, 6 sensors, and a repeater can be found for around $350 on line.
Thanks FLJOE. That is the type info I am looking for.

Jake

3715 Ventana - 2013 CRV
JakenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance View Post
We're shopping for basement sliding trays, TPMS, and some new folding chairs. But you can bet I'll have the phone in my pocket and I'm not really expecting to beat online pricing. I would hate to be a vendor in this age of online information!

If we find some comfortable chairs then the price will be less important; fit is everything, like shoes.
We saw a cool chair that has shock absorbers as the rear legs. I saw one of the RV dealers with one and they said they loved it. Saw it in Bldg A in the General RV section.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote