Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #1

Well 6 months ago I would have thought that Nancy's story would NEVER been something that you would find in this forum!! I guess being that my American Star is in pretty good shape I will just keep it up and when it dies I guess I will just give up RVing. I can not belive that the management group running Newmar would EVER hire someone who worked at the upper levels of Fleetwood!!! Boy talk about a way to destroy 20 some odd years of good relations in a period of a year. If they had set out to do it on purpose I don't think they could have pulled it off!! Sorry about rant, I have personally had good luck with my dealing with them but I have noticed that there are starting to be quite a few more postings not only on here but other web sites about problems which is not as disturbing as the way that NEWMAR is handling the problems.
96 Ford Powerstroke, CC,Long bed DRW, TWildman custom burned 4 pos chip, 3.0 downpipe and Bully Dog 4.0 exhaust, cat deleted, AFE intake system,boost,pyro (located post turbo),trans gage (located in test port),Torqueshift tranny cooler,Firestone air
Horse-Show Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #2

Well 6 months ago I would have thought that Nancy's story would NEVER been something that you would find in this forum!! I guess being that my American Star is in pretty good shape I will just keep it up and when it dies I guess I will just give up RVing. I can not belive that the management group running Newmar would EVER hire someone who worked at the upper levels of Fleetwood!!! Boy talk about a way to destroy 20 some odd years of good relations in a period of a year. If they had set out to do it on purpose I don't think they could have pulled it off!! Sorry about rant, I have personally had good luck with my dealing with them but I have noticed that there are starting to be quite a few more postings not only on here but other web sites about problems which is not as disturbing as the way that NEWMAR is handling the problems.
96 Ford Powerstroke, CC,Long bed DRW, TWildman custom burned 4 pos chip, 3.0 downpipe and Bully Dog 4.0 exhaust, cat deleted, AFE intake system,boost,pyro (located post turbo),trans gage (located in test port),Torqueshift tranny cooler,Firestone air
Old 05-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know what I would like to do an that is get a WH -24 CHISSIS, do you think they would take my presant ks-3740 and mount it on the 24. Mind you I have no problem with the 22 just would like the extra carrying pounds. That way maybe I can avoid what NANCY has been going thru. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #4

What other websites are you reading this information???
Remember you experience very well and was pleased that they did repair your unit. Not a happy camper with their warranty change, but I will probably never buy another unit. Age is starting to catch me.
jojolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #5

Hello jojolima,
I have also been seeing some posts on RV.Net. I tend to seek out other Newmar owners as I am sure you do too when you are out camping. Seems like almost everyone knows the changes coming. I know that there are other brand owners who are very "into" their units but for some reason it seems like Newmar owners seem to keep up on the "state of the union" with our company. I hope that the change is just tempory and the board of directors will hear the uproar. Of course I am sure that pigs will fly someday too!!
Later,
Grant
Old 05-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #6

Originally posted by Horse show manager:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can not belive that the management group running Newmar would EVER hire someone who worked at the upper levels of Fleetwood!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HORSESHOWMANAGER: Would it susprise you to know that the primary person you referred to (Mr. Dick Parks) was already hired by Newmar and "running the show" when you were allowed to return your out of warranty American Star fifth wheel trailer to the factory for a major repair? As I recall, once Newmar's management agreed to help you with your units problem(s) you were thrilled. And FYI, I think there is more than one former Fleetwood exec. now at Newmar.

Most of us happy Newmar owners are not pleased with several recent decisions made at Newmar, everything from reduced warranty to rear-view mirrors that hang down, but I see no reason to write off an entire company and it's products because of the perception that management's employment history will somehow translate into poorer quality. When I'm ready for my next coach, Newmar's products will be first on my list, and I'll use that benchmark when looking at other manfs. offerings to make the decision of which company gets my money. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #7

Hello Ed,
I am not writing off Newmar! I don't recall that I ever made that statement. I HAVE stated that they have done right by me in both this post and the one started by Nancy. I did not realize that the gentleman was on board during the time my problem was taken care of! I guess the change in warranty is what started me thinking that something new was comming along.
Of course you still have to wonder about why they have changed it! I would not want to match my competition in cutting what I provide my customers, when they cut I would want to improve my services!
Old 05-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess being that my American Star is in pretty good shape I will just keep it up and when it dies I guess I will just give up RVing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
HorseShow Manager: Sorry if I misinterpreted your statement quoted above. But it left me with the impression that you not only had given up on Newmar, but would quit Rving all together! I remain hopeful that Newmar will continue to produce some of the best VALUE products available. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #9

ED NP,
I intend to make my American Star last a LONG time. I do take pretty good care of it and do not allow anything that needs looking at to go any amount of time without repairing. Who knows how long it might go? I am 48 so I don't know what we will be doing with RVing when I have to replace it. I do wonder what the RV's 10 years from now are going to be like! Boy sounds like a subject for another posting