RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me if there are specific differences between the different Newmar RV names. Such as "the Dutch Star ALWAYS has ???" and "the Kountry Star ALWAYS has ??? feature".

I guess I'm asking what are the distinguishing differences between all the Numar name badges.

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #2

Can anyone tell me if there are specific differences between the different Newmar RV names. Such as "the Dutch Star ALWAYS has ???" and "the Kountry Star ALWAYS has ??? feature".

I guess I'm asking what are the distinguishing differences between all the Numar name badges.

Thanks.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #3

The only difference I am aware of is the place in Newmar's pricing structure. I'm don't think there is any single standard item but basically things like axle ratings, engine size and power, length and numerous decorative features from the basic to the extravagant separates an entry level coach from others on up the line. Usually somes items that were options on the entry level coach are standard on the next tier up.
The structure in 2005 when I purchased my Kountry Star was:
1. Entry Level: Kountry Star
2. Next Level: Dutch Star
3. Next Level: Mountain Aire
4. Flagship: Essex
There was also a line called the Northern Star that was marketed to compete with the Alpha See Ya that fell in between the Dutch Star and the Mountain Aire but it is no longer in production. Today there has been the addition of the Bay Star at the entry level, along with several others and the Londaire at the Flagship level.
I remember when I ordered my Kountry Star I added more than $20,000.00 in options and when it was delivered the salesman told me I had made a Dutch Star out of it. I can tell you there are still a lot of differences between the two.
At least this is my perception.

Bill

2005 39' Newmar KSDP3910, Spartan, 330 Cummins
Vigibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Bald Eagle,
It is not the "always has" mentioned in your OP. The names represent the pecking order of where the Brand sits in the lineup, coresponding price range and target market. For motorized coaches the lineup (highest to lowest, sort of):
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Aire
<LI>Star[/list]Inside the Aire Brand there is:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>London
<LI>Mountain[/list]The Essex fits between London and Mountain.

Inside the Star Brand is:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Dutch
<LI>Kountry
<LI>All
<LI>Canyon
<LI>Bay[/list]The Kountry and All Star are in the same price range, they are for different target markets. There is a Ventana model that is between the All Star and The Bay Star. As you can see, Newmar has a couple of Brand names without the Aire or Star. All future Brand names will have Aire or Star.

All except the London Aire are built on the same assembly line. There is no difference in the "fit and finish". The difference in the coach is found in the ammenities offered for each Brand. Standard and optional features are different. Different woods, fabrics, floor coverings, electronics, counter tops, computer assisted steering, length and engine size are some examples. The length of the warranty and standard versus high line service are additional examples.

The features tend to work their way from the high line to the standard line each year. Like all manufacturers, Newmar determines the target market for each Brand and tries to feature the coach with what it has determined that target market will buy.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #5

What hapen to the Ventana or what ever they call it. To me it is below the KSDP

Pushed by a KITTY KAT
wallynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wallynm:
What hapen to the Ventana or what ever they call it. To me it is below the KSDP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the Ventana replaced the Kountry Star as the "entry" level MH.

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Here is a link to the
Newmar Product Line-Up

Maybe this will help answer some of the questions...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #8

You guys are great. Thanks.