Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
So far I am not convinced that's the answer.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
I also had a series of AC Capacitors burn out on a previous coach. To the point that I carried a set of Start and Run capacitors. However during a repair the technician recommended using a "Hard Start" Capacitors. Once these were installed the problems were solved...for me at least.

Some of my repeat problems are caused by poor installation. However, Newmar usually does really good work.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #17

I hate to step on the toes of someone who refers to himself as Doctor of Mixology, however, a friend of mine, who drove an Essex, had issues over two years which Newmar could not resolve; they gave him a brand new Essex in its place (and swore him to not ever tell). Lemon laws do not refer to all the things that go wrong. Lemon laws refer to not being able to fix the same major problem; over and over!
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
I hate to step on the toes of someone who refers to himself as Doctor of Mixology, however, a friend of mine, who drove an Essex, had issues over two years which Newmar could not resolve; they gave him a brand new Essex in its place (and swore him to not ever tell). Lemon laws do not refer to all the things that go wrong. Lemon laws refer to not being able to fix the same major problem; over and over!
Don't worry about the toes, I walk on my own often!

Wow! That's interesting! But, really I don't mean it quite that literary, all coach manufacturers have at least some issues on occasion. Newmar seems to have a lower issue rate than some of the other makes.

"Swore him to not ever tell" ??? Apparently he did! I wonder if there may have been more to this story?

I always remember the stories of people driving a new car and getting 100 miles per gallon, then, GM, or whoever, gave them a new car every year for years just to return it.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out, all makes have their occasional issue.

Peter
Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #19

The capacitor issue is a single problem that has not been diagnosed correctly in my opinion. I good power monitor system like a progressive systems would probably have shown that there is a low voltage issue(s) with where the coach is being plugged to shore power. Or a bad AC unit could be the cause. Anyone who replaces the part 7 times and thinks that was the problem needs to look for the real problem. And either way, it isn't likely it is a Newmar problem unless they are paying Newmar to fix the AC unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-1 View Post
As we know there is issues with all units. but i have a friend who has a mountain air seems every trip he has some sort of issue no chassi engine issues yet. just always something broke. in the shop more than on the road what kind of luck do the most of you have on problems verses trips ?? his latest issue is ac capacitors seems like it is always on the coast area when it happens been thru 8 in 7 months and when it blows it gets board as well he has a 2009 model 32000 miles any input thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tednruthy View Post
The capacitor issue is a single problem that has not been diagnosed correctly in my opinion. I good power monitor system like a progressive systems would probably have shown that there is a low voltage issue(s) with where the coach is being plugged to shore power. Or a bad AC unit could be the cause. Anyone who replaces the part 7 times and thinks that was the problem needs to look for the real problem. And either way, it isn't likely it is a Newmar problem unless they are paying Newmar to fix the AC unit.
newmar said it was salt mist is what he told me ! I said to him i dont know for sure but dont think so he has had it to many places no luck on fix

greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote