Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #1

When will 2016 Models be available?

Newbie here getting ready to order in the next 6 months. Can anyone tell me when to expect the first 2016 models to actually be delivered and when the official order firms would be available. I looked back at earlier posts and it looked like the 2015's may have starting hitting in August.
Alberts46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We ordered a 2014 but when we picked it up in August it was branded as a 2015.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #3

With Newmar, I think they offer the next year models on a schedule that is determined by which model you are ordering. I believe chassis availability starts to become the primary determining factor around March or April as their "current year" chassis inventory winds down.

IOW, if they run out of 2015 chassis for the MADP coach, you'll have to wait for the 2016 models to begin production. I don't believe there is a "magic date" on which all models change to the next year.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and Irv2.
Here is a link to help you order info is for the 2015 year and at the QT's # 3 link has ideas from previous owners of how they ordered, 2016 year August is about right.
Good luck in your quest.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Alberts46,
edgray is correct. The chassis supply is the determining factor when the model year change takes place. Chassis supply has always been the "choke" point. However, it can get a bit more complicated. From one model year to the next maybe there are no changes affecting the chassis. In this case the current model year production will continue until other components are in short supply or time runs out and the new models need to come off the line. Generally speaking once you determine what you will order, have the dealer contact Newmar to determine model year status.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #6

When would the new model floor plans come out?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
IMO the model years and floor plans are continually in transition. Only when a complete redo is announced will there be a "grand opening". A new model will have a definite start date but will or may start to transition as different suppliers change their product lines or the manufacturer changes suppliers.

An example would be if the manufacturer decided to change slides. You may have ordered with one slide advertised and then end up with a different slide because they are now installing the new provider.

If you look at the brochures there is a note that says the models are changing and the features may be changed.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi reubenray,
Sometime in 1Q of each year, Newmar introduces the next year's model lineup to the dealers. Brochures, pricing and any information to retail customers is difficult to determine in advance. Hate to say it, but contact a Newmar dealer for details. All Newmar executives will be at the Tampa Super Show, NKK rally tent on Thursday (usually 10 AM). This is a good question to ask at that time.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I was on the phone yesterday with Newmar & was told they are coming out with more interior colors across the board for 2016. Was told all changes & option will physically be in the hands of the dealers in May. These option boards will take a bit longer before they are available on the internet.
The 2016 will start rolling out in June & July starting with the models that have no changes. The more changes, the later the release.
I am thinking about taking a trip out to the factory late May or early June.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #10

This is an informative thread, as we should be ready to order a coach next December. So it sounds like we will actually be ordering toward the end of the 2016 model year (or at least we'll take delivery when hints of the 2017 models will be surfacing.)

If we go with a Newmar, I think we'll go to Nappanee in December (I know, risky travel time!) to put together a build sheet, shop it around, and place the order.

Can't get here soon enough!

Roy
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #11

At the time that the 2016 floor plans come out would I still be able to order a 2015 model if I did not like any of the 2016 models?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
At the time that the 2016 floor plans come out would I still be able to order a 2015 model if I did not like any of the 2016 models?
From what I can tell, that is a bit tricky. At some point they will stop allowing orders on 2015 models (from a previous post, it sounds like that time comes when they run out of 2015 chassis.)

So, it depends on when they release the 2016 model year details. I would imagine that they do their best to time the release of the 2016 models when they can forecast the end of the 2015 chassis.

I'm with you on your plan, though. I will be annoyed if I wait until the 2016 models come out and don't like any of the floorplans. The other details, like colors/fabrics, etc, can be custom ordered or changed. But if they drop the floorplan you like, I don't think they will make a special one for you or I.

Here's to hoping they have a floorplan we like for 2016!

Roy
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
you can call the factory & find out if the model coach you are interested in is slated for any change in floor plan for 2016. You may need to ask for someone a bit higher up then sales support.
Newmar is very good at communication & if you ask for someone from new model planning to call you, they will.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
At the Tampa Show, I specifically asked Ken Williams (Newmar rep) if the DSDP 4381 would be changed for 2016. He said probably not since that floor plan came out in 2015 and they like to keep floor plans out for at least two years to recoup the engineering investment. Relief for us since that will be what we are ordering once we sell the S&B.