RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 AM   #1

I can't find the 12 digit numerical code needed to activate the Sirius radio in my '04 DSDP. I called Newmar and they said to find the "box" that's usually 1-2 feet from the radio install. They also said to push the "sat" button and the number 1 preset button simultaneously and the code should appear. That didn't work. I called the mfr. (Vestrion) and they told me the same thing. I don't want to tear into the dash unless I have to. Can anyone help?

tsisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 AM   #2

I can't find the 12 digit numerical code needed to activate the Sirius radio in my '04 DSDP. I called Newmar and they said to find the "box" that's usually 1-2 feet from the radio install. They also said to push the "sat" button and the number 1 preset button simultaneously and the code should appear. That didn't work. I called the mfr. (Vestrion) and they told me the same thing. I don't want to tear into the dash unless I have to. Can anyone help?

Old 10-29-2006, 05:00 AM   #3

If you have a removable pannel on the dash in front of the driver that has the fues and relays you should see the "box". Look for the antenna cables to identify the box. Box should be just to the right of the circuit bord that has the fues and relays.

Jim (KC2JJQ) & Sally
Jimbo8264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:17 AM   #4

No easily removeable panel that is apparent to me. The fuses and relays are outside in a compartment just ahead of the front, driver's side tire.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:30 AM   #5

on my XM units, the ID is on channel 0 or 1, just a suggestion.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:08 AM   #6

Check your black bag(if you havnt already)There is probaly a way to read it digitally,should be in intructions that came with unit.If not check manufactorer website,or even call them.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
tsisco, welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum
Keep at it you will find the help you need if not already.
Enjoy the forums and post often and when your ready for some KARMA let me know your Newmar gives you that privilege.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
if you have a Visteon radio
go to preview channel 184
SAT & PRESET 1
Tech help 1 800 367 3333

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
That should read
PRESS SAT & PRESET 1

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:41 AM   #10

Well, I took out the radio and looked behind it for the mysterious 6X7" silver box that Visteon said shold be in there along with the 12 digit number. Not only couldn't I find the box, but it looks like it was never installed??? There is a recessed multi-pin male receptacle on the back of the radio as well as a couple of other wires that are not pulgged into anything. When I spoke to Vestion the other day, the tech didn't indicate that the radio could have been intentionally installed without the satellite nor did he indicate it was an option with this radio. I think they just forgot it! Does anyone know whether the satellite was, in fact, an option in this radio? (Vestion 6 CD radio with Sat button on face)
Old 10-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tsisco:
Well, I took out the radio and looked behind it for the mysterious 6X7" silver box that Visteon said shold be in there along with the 12 digit number. Not only couldn't I find the box, but it looks like it was never installed??? There is a recessed multi-pin male receptacle on the back of the radio as well as a couple of other wires that are not pulgged into anything. When I spoke to Vestion the other day, the tech didn't indicate that the radio could have been intentionally installed without the satellite nor did he indicate it was an option with this radio. I think they just forgot it! Does anyone know whether the satellite was, in fact, an option in this radio? (Vestion 6 CD radio with Sat button on face) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Based on my experiance with my last couple trucks and MH,most MH's are listed as being satellite ready,meaning the head unit is ready for the module and antenna.My last dodge truck cost me over $300 to get online.I was miffed but found it is standard practice.Like I wrote before,the plug and play radios are real sweet for the money. It still could be that they forgot your module ,but I doubt it.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tsisco:
Well, I took out the radio and looked behind it for the mysterious 6X7" silver box that Visteon said shold be in there along with the 12 digit number. Not only couldn't I find the box, but it looks like it was never installed??? There is a recessed multi-pin male receptacle on the back of the radio as well as a couple of other wires that are not pulgged into anything. When I spoke to Vestion the other day, the tech didn't indicate that the radio could have been intentionally installed without the satellite nor did he indicate it was an option with this radio. I think they just forgot it! Does anyone know whether the satellite was, in fact, an option in this radio? (Vestion 6 CD radio with Sat button on face) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at your MSRP build pricing sheet. If it say Sirius Radio Capability and a cost of over $600 ( dramatically reduiced for 2007) it means the Sirius radio is there and if you pay the fees it'll work.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 PM   #13

I just picked up a new 2006 Dutch Star. Different radio, same problem. The Jensen radio said "Sirius" on the front, so, stupidly, I thought it had Sirius. I sell cars that have Sirius as an option, but the face of the radio, has a "Sat" button, no Sirius logo.

But Sirius satellite radio is listed as an option in the literature and wasn't on the build sheet.

When I complained to the dealer, Newmar agreed provide Sirius at no cost. I was expecting to have to pay for it, but goodwill on such an item on a $290K coach seemed like good business to me.

The components came in wrong twice, and when the right ones came in and were installed, the tech threw the box away. The box, of course, has the ESN on it. There were no instructions for getting the ESN off the screen. Instead the installation instructions told the installer to get the ESN off the box of the unit. I found this out when the coach was back at the RV park. But a nice parts man went through the trash and found the box.

It's working now.

I have sat radio, sat TV, and sat internet. Sat radio and sat TV have been about the only problems with the coach so far.
CurtRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome CurtRR to IRV2 and the Newmar Forum.
Thanks for your info and congrats on your new DS.
Enjoy the forums and when you want some KARMA I will input it for you and you will be more than just a "new member."

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote