Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #1

Where can I look up Newmar dealer ratings?

Was doing a bit of reading and saw a couple threads mentioning Newmar ratings given to dealers like 'Platinum' and 'Highly Recommended'. Took a look at the Newmarcorp.com website but can't seem to find these listed anywhere. What's the trick to looking this info up?
dmp1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
I don't think there is a "ratings" list per se. Newmar, like many other companies, recognizes top dealers with awards like the "platinum" dealerships. They do it annually, but I've never found a listing of "platinum dealers." Dealers hang the award in their showroom and may issue a news release noting that they have received it.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:42 AM   #3

This thread might help.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/best...se-463308.html
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I post the 2020 year models did a inquiry of members for what your looking for and added to the 2020 thread sticky.
Has the dealers and their ranking by Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #5

Thanks all!
Old 10-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";5007189]When I post the 2020 year models did a inquiry of members for what your looking for and added to the [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/all-links-on-newmar-forum-for-the-2020-year-coachs-391568.html
2020 thread sticky[/URL][/B].
Has the dealers and their ranking by Newmar.
Thanks @007!

But one bit of feedback from someone who's new to your writing style is that doing this "------------- <text> ---------' across a page looks more like <text> is a category than a clickable link to other content. Especially when you also use "======== <text> ========" as a divider where <text> is not a clickable link.

Said another way, I spent a good amount of time looking at the 'RVServiceReviews.com' website trying to figure out how to find Newmar dealer rankings/awards before going back and finding 'SERVICE REVIEWS OF DEALERS' wasn't the only link to dealer info on that post.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes some times it could be misleading -----, ===== but than again you will see a line under a true link, I use the lines ---, ==== to really center the subject on the page section that will have the information needed.
As far as the dealer reviews if people do not post for problems with dealer or a good experience with them its hard to find the info you need and know sometimes what MFG the person is talking about.
That link has been around for many years and still is lacking the info people are looking for.
This is the link we are talking about and you will find in many of the stickies I have posted.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";5007639]
This is [B][URL="http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp
the link[/URL][/B] we are talking about and you will find in many of the stickies I have posted.
Oh? I find that fairly useless for my purposes.

For one thing, you basically have to search by zip code. If I knew the dealers who had awards, then yeah, I could look them up and get their zip code to look up reviews on them. But that's backwards from where I'm starting.

Second, even if using keyword = Newmar, I get approx 75 results in a list which doesn't mention anything about Newmar's awards. In fact, clicking on a bunch of those listings I find very short reviews about service events, not purchases or interactions in sales. I want dealers, not service.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp1991 View Post
I want dealers, not service.

They kind of go hand in hand. Follow the link in @Filthy-Beasts post as price, sales & delivery experiences and warranty service are discussed.

You can decide how much weight to give each aspect.

From my experience the lowest price is not always the best value.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
They kind of go hand in hand. Follow the link in @Filthy-Beasts post as price, sales & delivery experiences and warranty service are discussed.

You can decide how much weight to give each aspect.

From my experience the lowest price is not always the best value.

I weight honesty and integrity as the most important, and that is discussed in that thread.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:58 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The advise of members of this forum is what was asked and they should know they have owned a few Newmar's.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #12
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
The thing about "dealer ratings" and "dealer evaluations" is that they are pretty subjective. One person may have what they consider a great experience with a given dealer and another may have a bad experience with the same dealer. As has been pointed out, the factors that are most important to you will govern how you perceive a dealer. If price is the major factor, you will get one set of responses. If after-sale service is at the top of the list, you will get another set of responses.

It is usually easier to find a list of dealers to stay away from! They usually get a bunch of thumbs down in several areas.

Unfortunately, there really is no substitute for doing a personal evaluation. On our most recent purchase, we first went to one of the better rated dealers and found the particular salesman we drew to be an issue. We walked! And, we contacted three other dealers for information. Subsequently, we have had service work done by that same dealer we first contacted and it was stellar! The point is, we would rate the sales aspect of that dealer as poor and the service aspect as excellent.

If you are shopping for a coach, I suggest pre-identifying 3-4 dealers that are either in your general area or who may be farther away, but get generally good reviews. E-mail them with your desired model, options, etc. Let them know you are contacting some selected dealers and ask for their best price quote and a projected delivery date. Personally, I wouldn't disclose which other dealers I was contacting, but that's your choice.

With the information you gather, arrange to visit a couple of them for an in-person evaluation. Let your gut be your guide as to who you are most comfortable with.

Good luck.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
The advise of members of this forum is what was asked...
No offense, but this is not what *I* asked for.

I asked for help on finding out which dealers received awards or ratings from Newmar itself. That is, which ones Newmar itself thinks are doing a good job of representing their product, moving product, or getting good customer feedback to Newmar.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #14

I know NIRVC Dallas is a 2019 Newmar Platinum Dealer!
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar