Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by britcon View Post
You were looking at a 2011 Ventana for $ 154,900. You do realize that the discounted price on the new 2014 Ventana LE should be around $ 165,000 ?
Yes which is one reason we've been somewhat torn but by the time you trick out the LE with what is standard on the Ventana & consider the larger engine & the fact that the brand new $165,000 coach magically becomes used & loses several thousand $$ as soon as it's driven off the lot, we think the used Ventana is a better deal. Of course, we haven't found one yet....
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to bnsonger47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
We're in southern Indiana, not far from Louisville, KY. We wouldn't mind traveling some to get the coach we want so Florida is in the running!
Amazing. I'm not far from southern Indiana in Louisville. I wonder if we're the same distance apart?

OK. Closest Newmar dealership for this neck of the woods is in Knoxville, TN. We're getting some work done there (Buddy Greg) next week. I'll snoop around for you. Lazy Days in Seffner, FL is one of the larger motorhome dealerships in the country. They treat customers well there and their campground is more resort like, in my book. They are worth a try. They're just half way down Florida on the left coast. There is a dealership in Cincinnati that has had a few, used Newmars but my wife and I swore them off -- they want financial arrangements and and offer before they let you drive a coach. Anti-sales oriented, if you ask me.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #17

Just punch in the exact model you're looking for in Google. It'll find it anywhere one is listed.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsonger47 View Post
Amazing. I'm not far from southern Indiana in Louisville. I wonder if we're the same distance apart?
Gosh! That would be amazing.

Quote:
OK. Closest Newmar dealership for this neck of the woods is in Knoxville, TN. We're getting some work done there (Buddy Greg) next week. I'll snoop around for you. Lazy Days in Seffner, FL is one of the larger motorhome dealerships in the country. They treat customers well there and their campground is more resort like, in my book. They are worth a try. They're just half way down Florida on the left coast. There is a dealership in Cincinnati that has had a few, used Newmars but my wife and I swore them off -- they want financial arrangements and and offer before they let you drive a coach. Anti-sales oriented, if you ask me.
Thanks, Byron! If you could check out what's there, we'd appreciate it. Mount Comfort near Indy has a couple of Newmars and had a '13 Ventana LE which is what got us hooked on Newmar. It didn't have CD so we passed but it must have finally sold.

What's pretty funny now is that when we bought our first & only Class A, the salesman told us that the majority of buyers traded up within the first 5 years of ownership! We thought he was nuts and we could not imagine wanting anything more than what we bought! We have been happy with it and really don't have any complaints but darn it, we want to trade up.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would go for the used Ventana rather than a new LE and I would go for the 3634 not the 3433.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to bnsonger47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Thanks, Byron! If you could check out what's there, we'd appreciate it. Mount Comfort near Indy has a couple of Newmars and had a '13 Ventana LE which is what got us hooked on Newmar. It didn't have CD so we passed but it must have finally sold.

What's pretty funny now is that when we bought our first & only Class A, the salesman told us that the majority of buyers traded up within the first 5 years of ownership! We thought he was nuts and we could not imagine wanting anything more than what we bought! We have been happy with it and really don't have any complaints but darn it, we want to trade up.
I forgot about Mount Comfort. Good reminder.

As to trading up -- "the way of all flesh". We bought our first Class A in 2007. It was under 30 feet and gas fired. In 2010 we got an cosmetically abused Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a Caterpillar 3126. The QuietDiesel had thousands of hours on it in addition to 140K on the chassis. But, it drove and rode well. Just looked butt ugly. In 2012 we decided to put the money we were about to spend on refurbishing the 97 HR on a 2000, still on Freightliner with Cat engine. Well, we put 15K a year on it but decided it was too small for our most recent decision -- to go full-timing. Last month we got the Newmar. This time around I did my research on brands, strength of the company, company philosophy, interior work, and, of course, if we could get a Freightliner chassis with a Caterpillar engine. We have wound up with a 2002 Dutch Star DP. Over the course of ownership we aren't sorry for what we spent. We considered it the "price of education". We've also made good friends and made lots of good memories. As the editor of the Diesel RV Club newsletter I'm in it for the long haul. Since we now have a Newmar, we have another club to join and will be at the Newmar Kountry Klub gathering in the UP of Michigan this July.

BTW, we live in the eastern part of Jefferson County. Years ago I covered the school districts across the river as an educations sales rep under contract to Apple. Graduated from Oakland City University, also years ago. I know my way around that part of the state.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #21

Karen,
I've been thinking, Cody and Gypsy deserve at least a Dutch Star, don't you think? I mean, it's all about the dogs! LOL
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #22

Byron,

I grew up in Fern Creek! My mom lives in PeWee Valley now. Both she & my dad were teachers/admins in JCPS & I retired from JCPS. My DH taught till he couldn't do it anymore and retired from Whayne Supply.

I can't convince DH that an older DP would be something to consider. He is set on nothing older than what we have now which is a 2011 gasser. I *might* get him moving toward a 2010 if we could find one but he's just not interested in anything older.

Wayne...funny you should mention that! We went from a B+ to the Class A because of the boxer kids. All 4 of us just didn't fit and it seemed if one of us wanted to move, all of us had to move. LOL! The G'town has a lot of floor space in the living area but our Cody and my DH are still fighting over the couch. Gypsy is happy on her double dog bed and Spidey Man Blankie.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #23

Do a search in your search engine for "diesel pusher motorhomes" it will give you many dealerships all over the USA and Canada