Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #1

Where is the level sensor on 2015 DS

On occasion I'll either have 3 yellow lights on my level control panel, or I'll have yellow lights on opposite sides at the same time, both which are an impossibility. I've been told to check the level sensor but have no idea where it might be or what it will look like.
Any help here?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Mine is near the inverter between the frame rails.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
On our 2015 4369 it is where Don said, just aft of the inverter between the frame rails. Pull out the slide out tray and you can crawl in and get to it. Have someone watch the lights on the control panel while you rock the sensor module. The lights should loight up according to how you position it.
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:52 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some indicators look like this one somewhere mid-coach under or in your compartment as someone said.
There are also some that have relays in your electrical compartment under your drivers seat location.
You should only have one yellow light for leveling.
You also do not need a carpenter's level on kitchen counter or floor, I had same indicator all three coach's I had, its all that is necessary to level your coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Different make of RV but visualize a letter X with each led ending

1: at a jack and
2: at a cornor of the rv

Odds are one of those X's marks the spot.. mine is in a spot that is 100% non accessable. I found it using a camera on a wand, under the body on the roof of a pass through compartment with about 2" of clearance from the floor at the point of mounting.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #6
Commercial Member

is this a hwh system? if it is, the level sensor is defective. there should never be more than two lights on. one front or rear, one drivers side or passenger side.
the level sensor normally indicates level side to side and front to rear. lights on opposing sided or ends, just doesn't happen. you cant be low on both sides or ends at the same time. maybe i can help.
paul maddox
1-602-549-3638 pfmaddox@att.net
i do work for hwh, i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #7

Hello Paul, you've already told me to check the level sensor and I was hoping someone here on the Newmar Forum familar with it could tell me where to look for the sensor on my Dutch Star, which they have. Now all I have to do is wait for some decent weather to get out and start crawling around in the basement to find the sensor.

While on the subject, any idea what this sensor sells for on the 725 system?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Information on your 725 leveling system by HWH, useing the Newmar search engine.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote