Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #1

where the heck is the fuse box

It says on the wiring diagram that the front wiring for everything in the dash and under dash has a fuse box supposedly to be on the driver's firewall but have looked high and low,even under the front hatch, nothing??? My rig is a 1993 Newmar Kountry Star 38'. Can anyone help me plsssss. Thanks

Brent
pogee2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #2

It says on the wiring diagram that the front wiring for everything in the dash and under dash has a fuse box supposedly to be on the driver's firewall but have looked high and low,even under the front hatch, nothing??? My rig is a 1993 Newmar Kountry Star 38'. Can anyone help me plsssss. Thanks

Brent
pogee2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #3

Brent, Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can not help you, other than say, that Newmar tends to install fuse block in several places. So units have a lift off section in the top of the dash (Idon't know if yours does)
Anyway, hang on. You can be sure someone will be along with just the answer for you.

Peter
Old 08-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #4

Brent,

We had a KSDP with a slide out for the genset in the front.

On our 1992 Kountry Star there was a 18" square plexiglass covered panel. It had 2 bus bars with terminals on it. Each one of the terminals was a fuse. There was a hot side and a fuse side and they just screwed onto that bus bar. They weren't like fuses that you see in a new car, but you could get them in an RV store.

Each bus bar was controlled by a 30 amp solenoid. One of the bus bars was hot all the time when you turned on 12V. Things not switched that were on all the time. The other bar was controlled by a 12 V lead when you turn on the key. Hence CB radio, headlights, radio were on the non switched. Things like cruise control, jacks and so on were on the switched bar.

All that was also duplicated in the back of the coach. So....you might choose to add something and use the back bus bar and not have to run a wire all the way to the front. The one in the back did not look exactly like the front one.

Hope this helps you out. We sold this coach in April of this year, so we don't have it to look at any longer, but that is the gist of it. Let me know if other questions.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome pogee2002 to the Newmar forum and irv2.
On your dash board you will see a panel held on the dash by four dot velgro dots pry up one corner with your key and you will gain access to two fuse panels for dash components, stairs,horn etc,etc.
You may also have your load center in back bedroom along with a 12v fuse panel for house lights and other 12v house items.
If this doesn't help give us some info as to what your looking for or problem you may have.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Brent, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forum.
How long have you had your Kountry Star? Let us know more about it and where you like to visit. Good luck and stay safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #7

Boy! Do I understand your frustration!

Spent 10 days trying to figure out where the fuse was for the power unit for our antenna. Turned out to be on the back wall of the coach, while the power box was on the front.

I have a '99 Dutch Star and it has three 12v fuse panels:

1. Under the dash in the middle.

2. On the outside front under the "hood" above the generator.

3. On the back wall above the bed beside the 120 AC panel.

Heard of another Newmar that had one under the refrigerator.

Just think of this as part of the "fun".

GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #8

Don't forget the fuse boxes in the starboard, rear, outside compartment where the main engine electrical on/off switch is located. That's where the second rear tail light fuse box (and other functions) is located.

2000 Dutch Star
'98 Wrangler Toad
Rnicfingrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:50 AM   #9

on my o8 dutch star I hve several of them..
front compartment chassis dc and coach dc
bathroom coach ac and dc
rear compartment with fuel filters chassis dc
rear compartment where ac comes in coach dc
and many other in line 12 volt fuses

what fuse are you looking for

good luck
Old 11-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #10

2005 Newmar Kountry Star House 12 volt Fuse Box
No clues in the Newmar Manual, so the search was on.
Where we found it after 1 hour of an hourly paid Technician and I looking all over the interior and exterior of the coach.
Passenger side bedroom upper cupboard above the window.
Metal Box on the right hand side that had a cover required a Philips screw driver to open.
The fuse was blown and we searched to find and replace so we could use the switch plate on the passenger side wall to install the power awning switch.
Gadgetgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2, Gadgetgal
Here is a link to get you around irv2.

This link will give you all the tsb's, brochure, owners guide, recalls and other important stuff.

Owners Guide ----------- WIRING & FUSING

The forums have stickies with many questions you may have to be answered read when you have time.
All the links below in my signature have answers for your Newmar.

Your 12v fuse panel is next to your load centers in most coach's as you found out.
Sorry you didn't find us sooner could have answered your questions, well you are now so I will give you what you need.

Any time you have a question use the NEW THREAD tab below or in the upper top left of forum.
When you add to another thread it may get lost or not answered as quick as you would like.
NEW THREAD

All jack, slides, AC's, heating are located in QT's 1 & 2, ----QT's # 3 has a PROBLEM SOLVING Section that maybe helpful.

You need to put in your signature info about your coach make, chassis, year ,model, it will help people to answer your questions, the CP LINK top of your page.
Congrats on your Newmar welcome to the Newmar family, enjoy the forums and safe travels.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #12

I have posted this question myself, Where is the fuse BOX? Found 3, The F53 Ford OME box way up under the dash on the left of the steering wheel, I took the driver seat out to get to it, then relocated it as far as the wire would allow. And one located on the outside fire wall it has large Maxi fuses, then the one on the back wall in the bedroom, and a whole bunch of inline fuses in between.
valland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by valland View Post
I have posted this question myself, Where is the fuse BOX? Found 3, The F53 Ford OME box way up under the dash on the left of the steering wheel, I took the driver seat out to get to it, then relocated it as far as the wire would allow. And one located on the outside fire wall it has large Maxi fuses, then the one on the back wall in the bedroom, and a whole bunch of inline fuses in between.
Do you have this Owners Guide with wiring and fusing.
Its from the TSB link sticky top of forum.

THIS IS A OLD THREAD DATED 2008 NO NEED TO ANSWER FOR GAGETGIRL.