Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Where to Buy now.

I have been trolling these boards for 4 years and my local Newmar dealer and have Finally decided to purchase my first Motor home. I contact my salesman who has been great that I have been working with and he tells me that he can't order anything for 2019! they are sold out and can't order and more.

I had decided on a New Aire 3341 and now I need to look elsewhere. Any advise were to look or who to buy from.? This is pretty disturbing that I can not purchase an RN from a dealer that's 10 min. from my house.

This industry is pretty screwed up , I guess I would be on my own as far as warranty work .

toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Dealers can and are ordering and selling new units. They've already placed their orders for units, and orders placed equal production capability. Now they need to decide how to equip them, and find buyers. No reason not to order one to your specifications. I'm sure the units they've ordered are not sold nor spoken for. These folks are trying to hold you up. Keep looking. Call Andrea at Dick Gore 904-741-5100 Tell her Bill sent you.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil7163 View Post
I have been trolling these boards for 4 years and my local Newmar dealer and have Finally decided to purchase my first Motor home. I contact my salesman who has been great that I have been working with and he tells me that he can't order anything for 2019! they are sold out and can't order and more.

I had decided on a New Aire 3341 and now I need to look elsewhere. Any advise were to look or who to buy from.? This is pretty disturbing that I can not purchase an RN from a dealer that's 10 min. from my house.

This industry is pretty screwed up , I guess I would be on my own as far as warranty work .

What part of the country?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:13 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Near Philadelphia, But now considering Factory Pickup if I can't buy from my local dealer. Dylans in Sewell NJ
Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #5

yes, order what you want and do factory pickup, you'll never get a better PDI and education than from the folks right there at the factory where it's built. And plan to stay for a while, no rush.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
yes, order what you want and do factory pickup, you'll never get a better PDI and education than from the folks right there at the factory where it's built. And plan to stay for a while, no rush.
You still have to order through a dealer and you probably want to choose one near so that you can get warranty work and servicing done. What the dealer meant when he said they were sold out was that all the production slots have been reserved with dealer pre-orders. A dealer will be happy to give you one of his slots if you want to special order, so don't give up. Call around.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are several “known good” Newmar dealers with reputations for fair deals:

Midway (MI)
Independence (FL)
NIRVC (GA, TX)
Tom Lindstrom (CA) --- Some reasons why TOM is one of Newmars top Dealers out CA. way.
Steinbring (MN) -- Factory type PDI -- Their lounge.
Coachlight (MO)

Spec out the coach the exact way you want, and run the bid by each of the above. Pick the best deal and choose factory pickup.
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #8

Where to Buy now.

Call Angie at NIRVC : *(214) 392-1100‬. She can order any Newmar that you want at a great price followed by great service. She and the others at NIRVC will make your first experience a very good one. All JMHO
Old 05-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Guys, sounds like a plan.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #10
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Your local salesman apparently doesn't want to make a sale. While it is true that 2019 Newmar "production slots" have already been sold to dealers, very few 2019 units have even started production. Newmar is still finishing up its 2018 orders...mine included.

Either your local Newmar dealer didn't purchase any New Aire production slots, or it wants to sell its units on the lot, loaded with the expensive options it selects to boost profits. Neither of those options is good for you.

As others have suggested, contact several of the reputable dealers (some were listed by a previous poster and I would include Transwest in Frederick, CO) with a list of options and special order items YOU want and get some bids. They will be willing to configure one of their production units YOUR way and give you a price. Select the one you want and set up a dealer or factory pickup as best meets your needs.

Finally, know that if you were to order today, delivery will be 4-6 months down the road.

Good luck.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
The dealer only ordered 6 slots and zero new aires. Then found out all the slots are sold.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
There are several “known good” Newmar dealers with reputations for fair deals:

Midway (MI)
Independence (FL)
NIRVC (GA, TX)
Tom Lindstrom (CA)
Steinbring (MN)
Coachlight (MO)

Spec out the coach the exact way you want, and run the bid by each of the above. Pick the best deal and choose factory pickup.

X2!!!! Our dealer is on that list. We did FPU, and it was exactly what we needed/wanted.

Stay tough and cross the finish line. Best of luck in getting the coach of your dreams.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #13

I will add RCD to your list as they are close to you. They did do all my warranty work, even though I bought my coach in Florida.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
IMO you should Add AnsleyRV in Pa. Purchased our CS there in 2015 and feel like royalty every time I get service, from leaky shower drain to Pa inspection and a $13000 opps I caused. They aren't the largest dealer, but have been fantastic to us. Currently in conversation about 2019 Ventana....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote