Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #15

I to bought a Newmar coach from Guaranty Junction City it was my 4th purchase from them I could not believe the deal or the service you will not do better anywhere.
myliladog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #16

Another vote for Jon Steinbring @ Steinbring MotorCoach. I will be working with them on a 2015 next year. Repeat buyers says a lot. (I think!)
pj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #17

Another option for consideration:

Rather than select a coach from a dealer's current inventory, that most likely contains options you do not desire, and does not contain options you do desire, why not work directly with Newmar to design the specific model and floor plan with the exact options you want? Then take that finished-to-the-last-detail build sheet and send it to multiple dealers with good reputations and permit them the opportunity to bid against one another for the privilege of your business. If you elect the factory delivery (which many here would highly recommend), you never have to even step foot on the dealer's property. They become a transaction agent only, with minimal amount of work; thus motivating them to accept a small profit, rather than no pofit at all.

Best of Luck.

Jigs
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsup View Post
Another option for consideration:

Rather than select a coach from a dealer's current inventory, that most likely contains options you do not desire, and does not contain options you do desire, why not work directly with Newmar to design the specific model and floor plan with the exact options you want? Then take that finished-to-the-last-detail build sheet and send it to multiple dealers with good reputations and permit them the opportunity to bid against one another for the privilege of your business. If you elect the factory delivery (which many here would highly recommend), you never have to even step foot on the dealer's property. They become a transaction agent only, with minimal amount of work; thus motivating them to accept a small profit, rather than no pofit at all.

Best of Luck.

Jigs
There is no doubt that this is a good way to proceed for any buyer. I just wonder what eventually happens with the dealer network. Can they survive on service alone? Can they recover enough profit re-selling your used (when this applies)?? The dealer in Quebec City where I bought my coach just went under...
Old 03-15-2014, 03:07 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by livintolearn View Post
I am considering Purchasing a new Newmar Coach. I would love feedback on where and what dealers seem to offer the best prices Thanks for any Input!
Please give Jeff Williams, mobile (704) 787-2822, a call at Tom Johnson Camping Center, Concord, NC. We just recently picked up our 2014 MADP 4369 from them. Great price! Great service! One of the best high-end Newmar coach technicians [Nathan] in the industry. I ordered my coach via telephone from Jeff in November 2013 with lots of factory upgrades. I live in the Albuquerque, NM area and drove to Concord for the foregoing reasons. We are sooooo happy with our 2014 MADP 4369 from Tom Johnson Camping Center. We were treated like ROYALTY. I might add they treat folks that purchase "pop-up" trailers the same way - like ROYALTY.
Give Jeff a call. You won't be disappointed.

Joe & Mary Ann
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMO View Post
Contact Jon Steinbring at Steinbring MotorCoach. Great to work with and a very competitive price.
I shopped them, not all that competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
I just recently ordered a 2014 MADP model 4364 & Independence RV in Winter Garden FL. beat 3 other dealers I received quotes from. This was a really loaded coach with a MSRP of $538K- I negotiated a 31.6% discount by buying cash as I had sold my 2005 MADP outright. Check them out - Contact Justin Mishler @ 407-877-7878

You do realize that factory delivery is a $2,900 added cost?
I found them to be very independent and condescending not understanding the aspects of factory pickup and knowledge of options.
discount was about 21%

The delivery is also discounted like any other option, not sure if it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myliladog View Post
I to bought a Newmar coach from Guaranty Junction City it was my 4th purchase from them I could not believe the deal or the service you will not do better anywhere.
Not competitive $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4Me4Life View Post
Tom Johnson Camping Center.
Again not competitive $$

North trail was the best price and knew more than anyone about options, bent over backwards to make the deal.

But earlier in the year was shopping a Pallazzo, RV One was by far the most competitive..now with their new place in Tampa (old Bates) I would shop them and North trail, I thinlk you can get in the high 20's discount wise. Just don't talk trade or don't talk trade until you get their best outright purchase deal.

U will get a better price if you finance thru them due to the banks commission back to them.

We decided to wait until fall to get likely a DS but will shop accordingly.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
I shopped them, not all that competitive. I found them to be very independent and condescending not understanding the aspects of factory pickup and knowledge of options. discount was about 21% The delivery is also discounted like any other option, not sure if it's worth it. Not competitive $$$ Again not competitive $$ North trail was the best price and knew more than anyone about options, bent over backwards to make the deal. But earlier in the year was shopping a Pallazzo, RV One was by far the most competitive..now with their new place in Tampa (old Bates) I would shop them and North trail, I thinlk you can get in the high 20's discount wise. Just don't talk trade or don't talk trade until you get their best outright purchase deal. U will get a better price if you finance thru them due to the banks commission back to them. We decided to wait until fall to get likely a DS but will shop accordingly.
Please understand that negotiating is an individual skill. Where one would get a $$$ price at one dealership does not necessarily mean that a $$ company deal could not be translated into a $$$ deal depending on negotiating skills. Also coupled with sales price is what happens after you buy the motorhome such a service, etc., etc. I still stand with Tom Johnson Camping Center.
I don't particularly like to knock other companies down, however, that large organization in Oregon negotiated a price for my Mountain Aire diesel pusher which was FAR above the price that I got from Tom Johnson Camping Center. Again this results from individual negotiating skills and the willingness of the company at the time to move certain products at a particular time during their inventory year.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
CBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";1966616]As I mentioned before only one dealer in N.E. Dave's RV in CONN.
You can use this [B][URL="http://www.newmarcorp.com/resources/dealer-locator
Newmar dealer locator[/URL][/B] for others shows some in N.H. I was not aware of or you can go on line to shop for best pricing for Newmar dealers.
RVONE is a new dealer and has been offering, as some people have said, pretty good pricing to build up their business.
That was true until a few months ago, but there is now a second dealer in NE - Diamond RV in West Hatfield, MA. I don't have any experience with them (beyond seeing them at the recent RV show in RI) and it's still a haul from Maine, but it's closer than Dave's.

I wanted local service, so a found a local RI dealer (Flagg RV) that was willing to make a deal with Dave's RV so I could buy it and get warranty service locally, but you won't get a rock bottom price that way.

If you are OK with a long distance purchase, North Trail buys a lot of units on spec (vs. Dave's which will mostly only order on demand) and there seemed to be lots of Canyon Stars on the lot when I visited recently.
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #23

Factory delivery & options & specials

First - if you're ordering a new coach, obtain a model MSRP pricing sheet from a dealer- select all the options you are wanting. Remember these options are marked up considerably but you will get ~30% discount on them (if buying cash). I would strongly recommend going to Nappanee if you have the time & working with Mitchell Howard on colors, décor & specials. I ordered Essex wall covering, counter tops & leather as well as extra wardrobe closets & other custom specials on my 2014 MADP 4364. No dealer I know of has the knowledge & large material samples that they do in Nappanee. Another plus is you can also see a lot of these colors & materials on coaches being built.

Regarding factory delivery- for an extra $2,900 MSRP price =~$2,000 net- you get a factory tech assigned to you & your coach for up to 5- I think- work days. These techs are much more product knowledgeable than most dealer techs as well as having the complete factory & Engineering Dept. resources available to them on heavier issues. If you're an experienced Rv'er & have had Class A coaches before, it is less crucial than being a first time owner. I did the PDI @ Nappanee, but not the delivery option as I have owned 3 Newmar coaches & successfully passed Coach Operation 101 & 202 I think!

Welcome to the Newmar family & Happy Trails to you.
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
What exactly do you get for your $2,900?????

I see your question got over looked.

You get up to a week of 1 on 1 instruction of every aspect of your coach. Including driving.

While staying in it at the factory, so they make sure your happy before you leave.

One thing we really wished we could have done, especially after talking with those that did it.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #25

We got 26% back in 2012 (custom order) from Mid States Camper in Summerset SD.

Don't know what they'll do now.

There service department is over the top.

Our coach was out of warranty and we had a strange problem with our full wall slide. Even the factory couldn't find it.

Don (the service tech) found a bad ground wire connection in the wiring harness plug. They covered all, including a floor tile that broke, under warranty.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
There is no doubt that this is a good way to proceed for any buyer. I just wonder what eventually happens with the dealer network. Can they survive on service alone?
Hi Dan,
Good question. As far as service, the local dealer (4 miles) charges $119/hour and has a 30 day waiting list to get in for service. They are currently building a new facility that will have 40 service bays. The sales department thinks a 20% discount is industry standard. They don't handle the Newmar line up.

I just scheduled the de-winterizing there for 4/22. I had them winterize it and they will de-winterize it for free. Our winter was extremely cold and this being our first DP, I wanted them to de-winterize it. Just in case.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
I did the PDI @ Nappanee, but not the delivery option as I have owned 3 Newmar coaches & successfully passed Coach Operation 101 & 202 I think! Welcome to the Newmar family & Happy Trails to you.
Can you explain what you mean about the pdi not the delivery? This is the first I have heard of this.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #28

My vote is Steinbring Motorcoach in Garfield, MN
yes2baystar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar