Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I installed in the rear closet of our Tiffin Phaeton. A 12vdc distribution panel is located there making it easy to pick up power there.

Many folks just install it in the chassis battery compartment.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine is in the half bath and works great. Never a problem with toad sensors.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #17

I purchased a TST system at the 2018 Tampa Super RV show and they came out to my coach and installed them (I tried but was unsuccessful in programing them - ended up there were too many of these systems too close to me).
The system came with a booster/repeater, which they installed right to one of the chassis batteries (batteries are in the passenger side last bay) and left the repeater right on the top of the battery. Works great and now that I have a towed vehicle with TST sensors, it picks them up and the receiver gets everything no problem. Maybe keep it simple?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
I've read several ways to hook up the booster and quite frankly none of them make sense. Wiring to a fuse bus bar, sitting on an end table , in a closet etc. etc.

Why not do as FLJOE and I did and just mount it permanently in the engine compartment. Out of sight, out of mind, you don't have to buy a $10 adapter, you don't have to move it because it's in the way or will fall over during travel, wired permanently you don't have to worry about battery drainage as it doesn't draw but a couple of milliamps and it would probably take 15 years to drain a battery if left alone. Just doesn't make any sense.
Someone said "in the closet, neat and clean.
It's in your closet, what's neat and clean about that?

To each his own I guess..
Mounted mine high on the closet wall wired directly to the power for the closet light, out of sight, out of mine and on the plus side I don’t have to worry about it being damaged by road grime, engine heat, weather, etc... why mount it in a harsh environment when you can mount it high and dry totally out of the way.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #19

FWIW, the EEZ Tire Manual specifically states to install the booster/repeater in an aft compartment or rear closet.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #20

Funny this topic came up today. I was just looking this morning for a source to connect my repeater in the rear and noticed a fuse box in the right rear compartment on our Spartan chassis with a few unused fuses. I just need to figure out which wires are available for the unused fuses. The wires are marked, but I need to remove the support straps so I can read the labels on the wires.

Ken
2018 DS 4052
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
I was just looking this morning for a source to connect my repeater in the rear and noticed a fuse box in the right rear compartment on our Spartan chassis with a few unused fuses.

I wasn’t as lucky ... all the fuse slots are used up in that fuse box. I went ahead and mounted the booster in the half bath electrical closet. I still need to add a switch so that I can easily deactivate the booster when not needed.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:38 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Pin-Pus...RpL&ref=plSrch

I soldered one of these on the Positive lead...two tiny heat shrink tubing to seal the solder joint...and one larger piece with a hole cut for the switch button to emerge covering the whole thing... works much better than repetitively pulling the spade connector off...
Old 06-04-2018, 09:05 PM   #23

I put mine in the toad and connect it to the lighter. I hang the booster from the rear view mirror, the works great for me.

Glen M
2017 4519 MA, 2017 Jeep Rubicon unlimited

Tags
power