RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Where to spend the night in Nappanee

We have brought our choice for first motorhome to either a Newmar Dutch Star or an Entegra Anthen. Although Newmar has muddied the water by introducing their new 35 feet New Air. We really like the fact that they now have a shorter motorhome that has a motor that can easily pull our pick-up truck and also has a king size bed.

To help use make our decision, we have reserved a Newmar factory tour on Monday morning , September 9th and then an Entegra factory tour in the afternoon on the same day. We will be arriving on Sunday afternoon and then leaving on Tuesday morning to attend the Hershey RV Show. We would like to stay in the same hotel for both nights. Can you recommend a place to stay which would not be too fare away from both factories but yet gives us access to some of the great places to eat we have been reading about on this forum. We are also interested in a clean place but not too expensive. I'm posting this in the Newmar forum as I am told that there is more to do around the Newmar mother ship area.

jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #2

The Inn at Amish Acres is very close to the Newmar factory. Rise'n Roll bakery has EXCELLENT doughnuts the cinnamon Carmel doughnut is like Amish krack. Threshers restaurant at Amish Acres has family style dining, I love their sassafras tea.

FMCA #F456868 NKK #23023
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
The Inn at Amish Acres is very close to the Newmar factory. Rise'n Roll bakery has EXCELLENT doughnuts the cinnamon Carmel doughnut is like Amish krack. Threshers restaurant at Amish Acres has family style dining, I love their sassafras tea.
As long as u are a light sleeper...train woke me every 10 minutes blowing the horn for the road crossing.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Train? Never heard the train the week we were there in March?! Only spent one night at Amish Acres, but it was nice. Guess the Canyon Star is well insulated, er or I am a deep sleeper?!
New2road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
Do they offer a rebate for Newmar owners? I've seen in some earlier posts that some hotels offer preferred rates for Newmar owners. If so, would I just need to mention Newnar's name when I call them to book a room?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
On our trip to Nappanee a few weeks back, we stayed in Goshen at the Hampton Inn.
It was a nice short 20-30 minute drive to the Factory.
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques View Post
Do they offer a rebate for Newmar owners? I've seen in some earlier posts that some hotels offer preferred rates for Newmar owners. If so, would I just need to mention Newnar's name when I call them to book a room?
We stayed at Amish Acres last year and DID receive a Newmar discount...assume they still do. Just ask when booking.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
We have stayed at the Oakwood Resort in Syracuse, and liked it. The resort has pet-friendly rooms available if that might be an issue. Syracuse is sort of between Nappanee and Middlebury. And, it does have a "Newmar rate" if you ask for it.

And, we found some excellent dining spots in Syracuse, including the Channel Marker Restaurant, The Pier (at Oakwood Resort) and a pretty good Japanese restaurant; Kiyomi.

TJ
Old 07-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #9

I stayed at the Air B&B Hoosier House in New Paris when I went to meet with Michelle. Nice place. Close enough to the factory. Super friendly owners. Swingset out back for the kids. Cheaper than a hotel, more room and a lot nicer. Don't think I'd do it any other way and we'll definitely be there again the night before FPU.

We did hear the train, but it wasn't very late at night, so it didn't keep anyone awake.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Goshen Has several decent hotels and it is directly between Newmar and Integra.
I think we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, don't remember for sure.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:13 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
I stayed at the Air B&B Hoosier House in New Paris when I went to meet with Michelle. Nice place. Close enough to the factory. Super friendly owners. Swingset out back for the kids. Cheaper than a hotel, more room and a lot nicer. Don't think I'd do it any other way and we'll definitely be there again the night before FPU.

We did hear the train, but it wasn't very late at night, so it didn't keep anyone awake.
Never really did RB&B before. Good advice. May be a good opportunity to try it out. I'll look it up. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:14 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I have reserved the Air B&B in New Paris, suggested by John. This will be our first Air B&B experience. That being said I still prefer steeping in my own bed, which is why we will be travelling in a motorhome.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We went to Nappanee to pick up our InTech trailer with our coach. Since we would be arriving very late at night I asked our contact at InTech if we could park in their parking lot when we arrived.

"No problem" he said "Just a head up that our crew starts very early in the morning and they may make some noise".

No mention at all that they were located across the street from the twinned mainline that crossed a road! Seems like every 15 minutes a train came by blowing its horn for the crossing!
Old 07-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques View Post
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I have reserved the Air B&B in New Paris, suggested by John. This will be our first Air B&B experience. That being said I still prefer steeping in my own bed, which is why we will be travelling in a motorhome.
Noice! Since it's your first Air B&B experience, take a minute to read the house rules. Every place has a different set but they're usually just common sense (no parties, don't play soccer in the house, etc). It did get kind of cold in the house, but we just grabbed extra blankets from the closet and were fine. They were having their HVAC system redone the next morning when we left, so that shouldn't be an issue now.

If you run into issues, just send the owners a message in the Air B&B app. They were very nice and very responsive when we were there. We never received the access code and didn't think about it until we arrived. Shot em a message and they sent it back within a minute. I hadn't even finished pulling the first suitcase out of the car.

The Amish bakery is definitely worth a visit - I forget the name but EVERYONE seems to know it. We went to the boathouse in Goshen for dinner. It was okay, but we'll probably try to experience something else next time we're there. The lake that it's on is a great place to go for a walk though.