Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I strapped mine to the horizonal framing behind the roadwave. Ran cold and hot water to it. Fits perfect. Door side behind outdoor fridge compartment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
There's a simple answer to this one...……in the rear bay of a 2020 KingAire!
Don, I think the 2027 Ventessex Neal is moving toward will have a dedicated compartment for a built-in DI system, so he's just looking for an interim solution.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Actually I’m thinking 4-5 stackers. One for washing the coach.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #18

Hook up to water supply

I am leaning towards buying the same pressure washer and Di setup Red Baron has from Road Wave. Before I buy, what’s involved to connect to the water tank/supply.

I am think putting it on passenger side front bay closest to entry door if I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	692A820A-9EA4-4ACD-9EDF-F20B477B0918.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	560.4 KB
ID:	238468  
2017 Prevost Marathon #1250
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk w/AF1 and Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow System
Orinda, CA
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I have my DI & pressure washer mounted in the generator bay for 3 years. Work great, no problem so far.
C&SL
05 Sig.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:51 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the road wave pressure washer
I do not have the o2g di system. I wanted valves that allowed for a bypass, so I custom built my own system. Ended up saving $180 by ordering the parts and had a better setup.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:49 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
The DI rinse system I bought, linked in the OP has the bypass feature. Yes, you can build your own as discussed in various threads on this site.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:02 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
The DI rinse system I bought, linked in the OP has the bypass feature. Yes, you can build your own as discussed in various threads on this site.
Same valves I have. If you only have 1 tank, adding a second will make a big difference. Mixed bed doesn't last very long compared to 2 separated.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:07 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Same valves I have. If you only have 1 tank, adding a second will make a big difference. Mixed bed doesn't last very long compared to 2 separated.

Not smart on the differences but I have their larger tank at home and it still working great almost 2 years now. I have to use their included instrument to measure the DI of the water but it’s still spotless.

I’m probably going to just stow this in the toad or gen bay for now and pull it out and connect a hose for washes vs plumbing it in. Or my left aft bay where your side radiator is. Mods season closes April 1st here (trying to convince self)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Not smart on the differences but I have their larger tank at home and it still working great almost 2 years now. I have to use their included instrument to measure the DI of the water but it’s still spotless.

I’m probably going to just stow this in the toad or gen bay for now and pull it out and connect a hose for washes vs plumbing it in. Or my left aft bay where your side radiator is. Mods season closes April 1st here (trying to convince self)
Depends on water quality. I have bad water where I am, and I wash all my vehicles with this setup, frequently.

2 years would be awesome, I get 6 months with my setup, or 20 wash cycles. With a single tank I only got 3 wash cycles.

Using the tool is the best way to detect. My water reads high 600's before di, and less than 30 after.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
This is one reason I went with DI rinse instead of CR spotless, the DI rinse seems to last much longer. Not sure the differences, seems like they are all just tanks, resin, valves.

Thank you for spending more of my money! I just checked out the road wave stuff, going to get their pressure washer/hose setup, no need for the DI side as I have that.

Repo man gonna come soon! :( Maybe I’ll be on TV!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:13 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Above there was mention of The Road Pressure Wash system. I was interested in purchasing this system and looked into it and emailed https://www.portablewaterdi.com/ who sells it and inquired about a discount for use here in the Newmar forum. I got a call back from them and spoke with them on this for a while, they also emailed me the details.

It's an expensive system and setup and there are options to piece this together yourself. I first researched Amazon and it seems the pressure washer in the metal cage is the AR610 which is around $430 on Amazon - https://amzn.to/2Hxdod0 and there is a slightly more powerful one the AR630 if interested - https://amzn.to/2Y5GlC9 ($595). You can pick your pressure washer, get your own hose reel for about $50 - https://amzn.to/2TWOz06 and assemble your own setup, adding extension hose, etc.

The Road Wave is nice in that it's all setup, in a metal cage, has the pressure washer, hose reel, 35 feet of hose per their specs, one source says 50, another 35, I think it's actually 35 and that's too short, get an extension, and it comes with a wand.

I have a Stanley pressure washer (electric) which I like and decided to continue using. The pain I have with it is moving it around and dragging electrical cords, hoses, etc. But coming up with a better plan with extension hoses (pressure wash) will solve my pains in allowing the pressure washer to stay in one place, along with the DI tank, and I can now move around the entire coach. I'll see how this works, in the end I spent around $100 for a hose extension and a cord reel. The Stanley pressure washer I got two years ago is the SLP2050 - https://amzn.to/2CtH0UG for around $170. I also ordered a wall mount - https://amzn.to/2Ct5RYA to see if it will help me stow it easier somewhere in the coach as I also have the left rear basement storage if it fits in there.

So anyways, Ben from portable water DI called me to let me know the night of my inquiry about a discount he actually raised the prices as he got notified of two price increases from AR due to material costs/tariff's (Italian company - AR). However, through the end of March he will offer the previous pricing and some discount options for anyone interested.

So if you're interested in The Road Wave, DI rinse solutions, packages, etc. I suggest contacting https://www.portablewaterdi.com/ and referencing the discount using "NealC" as the code word/discount code he will help you out.

Here is what he sent me, again, this offer expires the end of March 2019: (note: I am not affiliated with or getting anything from Ben and his company for this deal)

Quote:
Summary.

1st Completed package

a. The Road Wave

b. DBL Std. Deionizer

c. Bracket for DI [latest design]

d. Pex fittings, TDS meter

e. Including shipping

-From Road Wave site: $1,762.50

-From us: $1,300

SAVINGS/DISCOUNT OF $462.50

For the balance of March, for Newmar customers, we would sell this package discounted to $1,170.00.

a. We would provide you a discount code to order from our web site

b. The Newmar family could call us referencing your name

The web site shows current pricing as follows:

The Road Wave = $995.00

The Complete package = $1,300.00

For the balance of March for Newmar customers:

The Road Wave = 995 REDUCED to $945.25 includes shipping

The complete package = 1,300 REDUCED to $1,170.00 includes shipping
Old 03-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridany View Post
I am leaning towards buying the same pressure washer and Di setup Red Baron has from Road Wave. Before I buy, what’s involved to connect to the water tank/supply.

I am think putting it on passenger side front bay closest to entry door if I can.
It came with more than I needed to hook up one water line. I wanted both hot and cold so had to make a trip to Home Depot. Very easy hook up.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #28

Awesome

Quote:
Above there was mention of The Road Pressure Wash system. I was interested in purchasing this system and looked into it and emailed https://www.portablewaterdi.com/ who sells it and inquired about a discount for use here in the Newmar forum. I got a call back from them and spoke with them on this for a while, they also emailed me the details.

It's an expensive system and setup and there are options to piece this together yourself. I first researched Amazon and it seems the pressure washer in the metal cage is the AR610 which is around $430 on Amazon - https://amzn.to/2Hxdod0 and there is a slightly more powerful one the AR630 if interested - https://amzn.to/2Y5GlC9 ($595). You can pick your pressure washer, get your own hose reel for about $50 - https://amzn.to/2TWOz06 and assemble your own setup, adding extension hose, etc.

The Road Wave is nice in that it's all setup, in a metal cage, has the pressure washer, hose reel, 35 feet of hose per their specs, one source says 50, another 35, I think it's actually 35 and that's too short, get an extension, and it comes with a wand.

I have a Stanley pressure washer (electric) which I like and decided to continue using. The pain I have with it is moving it around and dragging electrical cords, hoses, etc. But coming up with a better plan with extension hoses (pressure wash) will solve my pains in allowing the pressure washer to stay in one place, along with the DI tank, and I can now move around the entire coach. I'll see how this works, in the end I spent around $100 for a hose extension and a cord reel. The Stanley pressure washer I got two years ago is the SLP2050 - https://amzn.to/2CtH0UG for around $170. I also ordered a wall mount - https://amzn.to/2Ct5RYA to see if it will help me stow it easier somewhere in the coach as I also have the left rear basement storage if it fits in there.

So anyways, Ben from portable water DI called me to let me know the night of my inquiry about a discount he actually raised the prices as he got notified of two price increases from AR due to material costs/tariff's (Italian company - AR). However, through the end of March he will offer the previous pricing and some discount options for anyone interested.

So if you're interested in The Road Wave, DI rinse solutions, packages, etc. I suggest contacting https://www.portablewaterdi.com/ and referencing the discount using "NealC" as the code word/discount code he will help you out.

Here is what he sent me, again, this offer expires the end of March 2019: (note: I am not affiliated with or getting anything from Ben and his company for this deal)
Awesome. Thank you for setting that up. I have to agree you are right you can make your own getting all the components as you listed out. The only thing that sold me on the road wave is their marketing spin about the washer is designed to not burn out your water pump drawing more water than capacity throughput. I don’t have water where I store my rig so I need my own water so that was why I was heading down this road. I may rethink it given the information.
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, tow