RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #1

Which TPMS?

Guys,
Got the new rig home (2004 Essex 4502) and am going through some things to get all the systems working. I noticed that it has Tire Minder caps on the tires, but the fellow I bought it from sent the receiver to his brother-in-law in Texas? Anyway, do any of you have any experience with Tire Minder that you can share? I guess I'd like to have a system that is robust enough to watch the 8 tires on the coach and 4 more tires on the towed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

TractorTom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #2

I've got the TST with color monitor. It's accurate and reliable. The color monitor is hard to read in the sun, but in actual use I never look at it except when I turn it on in the mornings and an occasional glimpse throughout the day just to check the battery (I don't bother with a cord). As long as it's working, there's no need to look at it. It'll alert you if there's something requiring attention.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi TractorTom01,
Consider https://www.pressurepro.us/ I have used them since 2005. Saved me two times. Both on the toad. I would but this product again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #4

I have the Tire Minder on our coach. I recently upgraded the monitor to the TM77. The display is large enough for these old eyes to see. The antenna is very robust. I snapped two antennas off of my former monitor the A1A. Their new Rhino booster is better than the older booster that came with my A1A. Occasionally it will loose a signal from the right rear transponder on our toad. My booster is mounted in our wet bay on the drivers side...so the signal has distance and the engine to go through before pinging the transponder. Understandable. One thing that I like is their customer service. They are very helpful. I understand that TST is also very customer service oriented as well. Congratulations on your new rig.
HavingABlast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance View Post
I've got the TST with color monitor. It's accurate and reliable. The color monitor is hard to read in the sun, but in actual use I never look at it except when I turn it on in the mornings and an occasional glimpse throughout the day just to check the battery (I don't bother with a cord). As long as it's working, there's no need to look at it. It'll alert you if there's something requiring attention.
X2 on the TST system. We have had their TPMS on our RVs since 2011 and recently updated it to 12 sensors and the new color monitor.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 AM   #6

No experience with Tire Minder.....X3 on TST - the system comes with a repeater and color monitor. The monitor is rechargeable and lasts a long time on a charge.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi TractorTom01,
Consider https://www.pressurepro.us/ I have used them since 2005. Saved me two times. Both on the toad. I would but this product again.
I'm trying to look in to buying the pressure pro system, but frankly I've never had so much trouble spending money before. You can't buy direct from them, and the dealer web sites they refer you to are geared toward providing products for the trucking industry.

I'm interested in the Pulse FX, and the only Pulse FX kit options I could find are only available in 2 or 4 sensor packages, which when I looked at the prices, the kit was actually $15 more than if I bout the transmitter and sensors separately, although there may be other accessories in the kit.

Looks like a great system, but their distribution system doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about service if I should have an issue.

Right now I'm favoring the Tire Minder, which is the only other system I can find that allows you to use a smart phone or tablet.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #8

I see that the OP is Florida Based. Tire Minder is also Florida based. You would be close to the mother ship with Tire Minder.
HavingABlast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #9

Had a Tire Minder 10 sensor system on the previous MADP and Toad. I bought the system new 2 years ago in March. The repeater was mounted in the battery area near the rear passenger side of the coach.

I always had errors. No signal errors. Low pressure errors. I'd stop and check on the issues, all tires are good. I'd replace sensor batteries and still get "no signal" errors.

The final straw was on the trip to trade for a 2019 VTDP. I stopped three times during a 6 hour drive to pump-up a tire on the toad. The second day of the trip I took the sensor off the toad's wheel. Wow! No air leakage that day! I've traveled 1100 miles since then with the new Ventana and same toad. I've had no air pressure problems or leakage. Now, even with the TPM system, I always checked tire pressures early in the morning and will always do so. I will not install this system on the new Ventana.

Like others have said, I bought the system more for the toad than the motorhome. That said, I cannot trust this system so it is worthless to me...even after spending $700 on it.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Iíve been using a TST 507 for ten years. Itís accurate and the updated monitor is easy to read. They also have excellent customer service.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:16 AM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzee2020 View Post
Had a Tire Minder 10 sensor system on the previous MADP and Toad. I bought the system new 2 years ago in March. The repeater was mounted in the battery area near the rear passenger side of the coach.

I always had errors. No signal errors. Low pressure errors. I'd stop and check on the issues, all tires are good. I'd replace sensor batteries and still get "no signal" errors.

The final straw was on the trip to trade for a 2019 VTDP. I stopped three times during a 6 hour drive to pump-up a tire on the toad. The second day of the trip I took the sensor off the toad's wheel. Wow! No air leakage that day! I've traveled 1100 miles since then with the new Ventana and same toad. I've had no air pressure problems or leakage. Now, even with the TPM system, I always checked tire pressures early in the morning and will always do so. I will not install this system on the new Ventana.

Like others have said, I bought the system more for the toad than the motorhome. That said, I cannot trust this system so it is worthless to me...even after spending $700 on it.
Did you have the TM77, or the A1A?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 AM   #12

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Iíve been using a TST 507 for ten years. Itís accurate and the updated monitor is easy to read. They also have excellent customer service.
That's what I've heard from just about everyone. Unfortunately I am one of the many who got burned on their old 510 system. Those sensors had serious issues, and they knew it. Their support was responsive and they did replace several of my sensors, but some of them just would not press the Schrader stem down far enough, and actually caused leaks. The batteries were not user replaceable, so obviously they are all out of service by now.

When a company gets me once, shame on them. If I give them a chance to get me again, shame on me.

I am getting brand new tires this week, and I'm thinking about a new system, hopefully one that I will actually be able to use. I took the advise of another user on this forum that had also been an owner of the 510 system, and had the same problems with it that I had, and called TST to see what they would be willing to do on the price of a new system. I wanted to give them a second chance, since I had heard such good things about their new system.

20% off list was all they would do. Given the pain and misery their old system cause me, and given the fact that I had to stop using it, I took that as them saying that they knew their old system caused me a lot of problems, and frankly they don't care. Apparently they are not interested in any future business with me, so I have no choice but to take them up on that, and go elsewhere.

Really disappointed, I was looking forward to trying the new system. For them it's a matter of a few dollars. from my side, there's a principle involved.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
Did you have the TM77, or the A1A?
A1A System
Old 05-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzee2020 View Post
A1A System
Yea I think I'm going to go with the TM77. It has the new rhino booster, and I've heard from other users on this forum who have had both, that the new booster is much more robust. Plus I like the idea of being able to use my smart phone and/or iPad.

Thanks for the info.

Tags
tpms