Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #1

Whirlpool washer/dryer option

I am thinking about a Dutch Star 3736 floorplan with the washer & Dryer in the rear bath area. The online options list offers an optional Whirlpool 2-piece washer/dryer. I assume this is a stacking unit. I didn't know that Whirlpool made a washer/dryer pair in a compact size for an RV. Does anyone out there have these units? How do they compare in size with the Splendide units? Any comments good or bad that you would like to share?

I assume that I could install the Splendide stacking washer/dryer after purchase. I just don't want to order the Whirlpool set and then find I don't like it. I know a lot of people say they don't like the Splendide, but most of the complaints are just that they are two small. I would think a compact size Whirlpool would be about the same capacity.

Jack
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #2

We have the Whirlpool stacked W&D in our Ventana. Wife likes it / does a good job. Low water usage on the washer. Only downside is that the whole motorhome rocks n rolls when the washer goes into spin cycle.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have the Whirlpool stacked W/D combo - works great!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
We have the Whirlpool stacked W/D combo - works great!
DITTO!!!! No problems, works well!
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
We also have the 2 Whirlpools which do use a bit less water. But they are definitely of smaller capacity than the Maytag units we had in our '07 coach. The wife would love to have 'em back. Splendide makes a combo washer/dryer which is small in capacity and takes about 3 hours for a complete cycle. NOT recommended. But you may be referring to the newer, 2 piece models...don't have any comment of those. But make sure the dryer operates on 220 volts or you'll spend forever drying clothes.

Newmar obviously has a deal going with Whirlpool, since I also have a Whirlpool French door refer in this 2014 Essex. Again, we'd go back to our old GE refer with a DECENT-sized ice storage container. This one runs out of ice with about 3-4 drinks.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #6

My DW would not do without the stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer. They work very well for us and yes, we do rock n' roll with the dryer. For us the convenience of not having to trot off to the Laundromat and then, maybe, wait for machines is absolutely worth it. The Whirlpool units are of reliable quality.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. Guess I will add that to the list.
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great info thanks
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote