Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #71
hrt

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
I asked for a quote to upgrade to a Spendide washing machine. Per Devon - - The Estimator", they only offer the Spendide Washer/Dryer combo - not the free standing washer.

I figured the high line models would get something other than a Whirlpool.

g

Nappanee refused to do it, but NIRV in Lewisville replaced the whirlpool w/d in our 2017 DSDP with a Miele stacked set. Splendide would surely be cheaper.
hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2019, 05:25 AM   #72
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libremente View Post
Our Whirlpool washer continues to function well. Susan uses it 3 or 4 times per week and is very happy with how it cleans our clothes. She uses HE liquid detergent and ensures the amount is less than the "max" indicator.
Glad you found a solution for your problem! For us it was a balance problem. The washer would keep trying to balance. It would go into a faster spin, start to shake and slow down. It would go back and forth for a while and try again just to fail over and over. As I mentioned before, the Whirlpool repairman told us to fill it to the top with clothes. This actually worked for about a month until something broke. After that it was banging so loud, we could not run it anymore.

I think, as someone mentioned before, there are several issues with this washer that are causing problems. We went through the door switch problem the first month we owned it. The wife thinks occasionally the suds sensor was extending the rinse cycle forever and the final issue for us was something to do with the springs or drum support.

The new Whirlpool with the black dial, has been trouble free since installed last June, except for one operator error. The new washer has a keypad lock function. Somehow we locked it and thought it was broke.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:21 AM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt View Post
Nappanee refused to do it, but NIRV in Lewisville replaced the whirlpool w/d in our 2017 DSDP with a Miele stacked set. Splendide would surely be cheaper.
Whew......you are right there - I went and looked at prices for the Miele washer, yup - Splendide is cheaper......LOL

No fit problems? That's my next worry Newmar has me thinking about - I have the dimensions of the Spendide washer and of the current installed Whirlpool - basically the same, except for an inch in the depth I believe.

Newmar did say no matter the line, all laundry cabinets (as they call them) are the same size. .....and someone earlier said "Newmar" installed a Splendide washer into his Ventana with no problem.

Oh well - - my rig is down south and I will not get there till May to actually measure - then I have a 10 July appointment at the Mother Ship!!

Take care,

g
Old 03-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #74
hrt

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Whew......you are right there - I went and looked at prices for the Miele washer, yup - Splendide is cheaper......LOL

No fit problems? That's my next worry Newmar has me thinking about - I have the dimensions of the Spendide washer and of the current installed Whirlpool - basically the same, except for an inch in the depth I believe.

Newmar did say no matter the line, all laundry cabinets (as they call them) are the same size. .....and someone earlier said "Newmar" installed a Splendide washer into his Ventana with no problem.

Oh well - - my rig is down south and I will not get there till May to actually measure - then I have a 10 July appointment at the Mother Ship!!

Take care,

g

No fit problem - mostly. The lower right closet door hinge was left off because it was in the way. But the doors close fine.

Finding something that fit wasn't as big a problem as finding something that fit but runs on 120V.
hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:38 AM   #75

Cleaned out my bottom front drain yesterday and found about $1.50 in change on my junk Whirlpool washer (at least it is paying me!).

It has gone from failing to final spin on about 2 out of 8 loads to about 4 out of 8 or more. DW just used the last of the pods so now she will switch to powder or liquid and not put much in. We will see how that goes but I am not expecting much.

I have to make an appointment for another imperfection in one of our front chairs at the factory so I will be complaining about the POS washer again. This will be the 4th documented repair Newmar will have on record. When we get to our factory appointment I will be leaving with a different washer no matter who ends up paying for it.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:53 AM   #76
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds just like our washer. As I mentioned earlier, the Whirlpool tech in Nappanee told us we weren't putting enough clothes in it. It worked for a while before it tore itself apart. If yours goes into final spin when packed full of clothes, the suspension on the washer may be getting close to failing.

From our experience with this problem, Newmar was willing to help, Whirlpool refused to do anything.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fljoe View Post
cleaned out my bottom front drain yesterday and found about $1.50 in change on my junk whirlpool washer (at least it is paying me!).

It has gone from failing to final spin on about 2 out of 8 loads to about 4 out of 8 or more. Dw just used the last of the pods so now she will switch to powder or liquid and not put much in. We will see how that goes but i am not expecting much.

I have to make an appointment for another imperfection in one of our front chairs at the factory so i will be complaining about the pos washer again. This will be the 4th documented repair newmar will have on record. When we get to our factory appointment i will be leaving with a different washer no matter who ends up paying for it.
well at least yours is getting to a final spin. Ours won't even start. Worked fine for about 3 days while in florida then it quit. Kept giving us a code of f-07. Electrical problem. No confidence in whirlpool just like our rv. Made by thor.
dpavlosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Update: No high spin, false alarm

If you are hating your Whirlpool washer, please don't shoot the messenger reporting continuing good news.
Having reported earlier that we got thru an episode of failure to spin and drain by suspecting we used too much detergent. Using a few heavy duty clean cycles with hot water, bleach and no clothes brought ours back into operation. But I must say, it required some patient retries to get it out of its stuckness. This is what can be very frustrating. It's acting like it's temperamental.
So a few weeks have gone by with great washing results, no problems, until last week when my Beloved reported, "Oh, oh!" It didn't spin again and it's full of water. Long story short: we had put in one heavier summer dress that held lots of water. When I tried to rinse and spin I saw immediately that it was out of balance and stopped in the spin cycle for protection.
We removed the dress after having some difficulty getting the attention of the temperamental controller. When I did I took the following steps:

1. Selected "Clean Washer" mode and pressed the cancel button 4 times (It tooks a couple of tries to get it into RESET. This cycle takes some time.
2. Added bleach, selected "Clean Washer" mode and started it. This took some time.
3. In addition to limiting HE detergent to max, added a second user suggestion to attempt to wash with balanced loads, i.e., like item sizes reasonably filling tub.

Result is we are back to good operating mode.
I think it is not possible to fix a dysfunctional design, but maybe you can outsmart it. You will be the first to know if Whirlpool finally beats me too!
Hope this experience helps someone else.
Libremente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #79

How did you get your washer out?

I need some help with how to remove the current Whirlpool washer. Does anyone have the steps you followed for a Newmar? Mine is an 08 MA but the installation method likely has not changed. How is it held in place? Did it fit through your front door easily? Any tricks to make it easier? Thank you.
Nevermind Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libremente View Post
If you are hating your Whirlpool washer, please don't shoot the messenger reporting continuing good news.
Having reported earlier that we got thru an episode of failure to spin and drain by suspecting we used too much detergent. Using a few heavy duty clean cycles with hot water, bleach and no clothes brought ours back into operation. But I must say, it required some patient retries to get it out of its stuckness. This is what can be very frustrating. It's acting like it's temperamental.
So a few weeks have gone by with great washing results, no problems, until last week when my Beloved reported, "Oh, oh!" It didn't spin again and it's full of water. Long story short: we had put in one heavier summer dress that held lots of water. When I tried to rinse and spin I saw immediately that it was out of balance and stopped in the spin cycle for protection.
We removed the dress after having some difficulty getting the attention of the temperamental controller. When I did I took the following steps:

1. Selected "Clean Washer" mode and pressed the cancel button 4 times (It tooks a couple of tries to get it into RESET. This cycle takes some time.
2. Added bleach, selected "Clean Washer" mode and started it. This took some time.
3. In addition to limiting HE detergent to max, added a second user suggestion to attempt to wash with balanced loads, i.e., like item sizes reasonably filling tub.

Result is we are back to good operating mode.
I think it is not possible to fix a dysfunctional design, but maybe you can outsmart it. You will be the first to know if Whirlpool finally beats me too!
Hope this experience helps someone else.
I guess we are just spoiled due to our experience prior to getting stuck with this Whirlpool. We had three different Splendid washers in RVs prior to this one and they all worked without fail each and every time.

There was never any tips needed for making them do a final spin or anything else, just stuff them full of clothes and hit the button.

I wish you luck and we are going to try what you are doing, but I am guessing we will all have different washers within the next year.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #81

Some recent NEWMARs have had Splendid installed. Not sure if that is a planned changed or due to shortages of the Whirlpools? I hope mine will come with a Splendid pair.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:16 AM   #82

Anyone know what the F23 error code means on my P.O.S. Whirlpool? Can’t find my manual(should have put it in my “frequently used stack”)We did the cleaning thing twice as well as unplug to reset twice. Notta.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
Anyone know what the F23 error code means on my P.O.S. Whirlpool? Can’t find my manual(should have put it in my “frequently used stack”)We did the cleaning thing twice as well as unplug to reset twice. Notta.
F23 = Pressure Sw error
The wash level and level heater safety are switched on st the same time.
Unplug washer or disconnect power
Check wiring harness connections to press sw and central control unit... CCU
Check connections of CCC board within the housing
Check the press sw for worn or failed conditions.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
All - Found the common thread, units older 2017 and before. Sounds like newer model works good. Suspect I am getting newer model in our coach. One of the first things will do is get some semi rigid foam and figure out a way to block the tub to be safe. Our current Kenmore stacked unit works flawlessly, and has from day one, both made by whirlpool. What happened to quality products from good companies? Our home set is a Miele, it had some growing pains the first year. The soap/bleach drawer always gets pushed out at the end of a cycle from air pressure in the high speed spin.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote