Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #71

It does. A lot of our customers go with our custom grates in the Crockett for a little extra space.
Click image for larger version

Name:	35f27247-18c1-48f6-b8de-4077b0c3a1ad.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	250956
ericrowley18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is an upper rack for the Green Mountain Grill - Davey Crockett I use. It's far cheaper than other options at around $26 - https://amzn.to/2YjgEgQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	upper-rack.png
Views:	45
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	250983  
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Here is an upper rack for the Green Mountain Grill - Davey Crockett I use. It's far cheaper than other options at around $26 - https://amzn.to/2YjgEgQ
Looks awful clean in there. Whatcha use it for?
Old 06-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Looks awful clean in there. Whatcha use it for?
That's a photo from amazon, mine is not allowed for public viewing but I promise you, it's spotless, yes, really.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #75

I made an additional shelf for my Traeger Junior and my GMG Daniel Boone with grates from Academy Sports https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/out...ildCatid=27592 and SS bolts/nuts/washers.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:12 AM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Here's the tote/carry bag for the Green Mountain Grills Davey Crockett. I ordered one to give this a try.

https://amzn.to/2J95ncG

I was ready to order one yesterday. Amazon comments about, flimsy, wear, holes, etc. made me rethink that order. I would appreciate your observations and comments after you get it.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #77

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
I was ready to order one yesterday. Amazon comments about, flimsy, wear, holes, etc. made me rethink that order. I would appreciate your observations and comments after you get it.
Will do. I was intrigued about the comment of removing the legs and using the carry bag. My only concern is a place where there is no picnic table to put it on. So far the unit as is has worked well for me. There is a good chance I won't use the bag i.e. remove the legs from the grill but I'm going to explore this idea. It provides basement protection from anything from the grill and when carrying it due to its weight it's typically dragging on a hip or front of my pants and that could just get my clothes dirty without need. So this is an option to solve a few problems but could add one, not having the legs attached. I will also see how this works with the legs attached. Worth a shot.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #78

Not having a picnic table is the main reason I pack 5' folding table with me.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:07 AM   #79

Who’s got a pellet smoker in their Newmar

I have never used a Pellet Grill of any kind and after reading each post in the thread wonder just where the heck I’ve been. I love to grill and have a big propane Weber at home and carry a propane Q series Weber (quick connect tied into my coach’s LP tank) on the road. I’ve been happy about this setup... UNTIL NOW.

Why is it that so many have passionately migrated to Pellet Grills? Is it the flavor of what comes off of the grill? Is it the ease of use? Can you use a grill mat with a pellet grill? Do you need 110v to use the GMG Crockett? Who knows, I might just join the herd.

A question for Kevkari (post number 36)...was that some kind of dinosaur bone that you had on the grill????
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
I have never used a Pellet Grill of any kind and after reading each post in the thread wonder just where the heck I’ve been. I love to grill and have a big propane Weber at home and carry a propane Q series Weber (quick connect tied into my coach’s LP tank) on the road. I’ve been happy about this setup... UNTIL NOW.

Why is it that so many have passionately migrated to Pellet Grills? Is it the flavor of what comes off of the grill? Is it the ease of use? Can you use a grill mat with a pellet grill? Do you need 110v to use the GMG Crockett? Who knows, I might just join the herd.

A question for Kevkari (post number 36)...was that some kind of dinosaur bone that you had on the grill????
I would say it’s all if the above. Flavor, ease of use, result of the end product.
I smoked a 9.5 lbs pork butt from 11:00 PM till 3:00 PM the next day. And only had to worry about checking the hopper every so often. The grill does all the work. You just set the temperature you want and walk away.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #81

Quote:

Before I got my first pellet smoker I had a stick burner smoker. Even though the food was much better tasting than the pellet smokers it was a RPITA to cook with. I had to constantly make adjustment to make sure it was not to hot or not hot enough. With the pellet smokers you set it and sit back and let it work. This gives you more time to have drinks.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #82

Quote:

X2 on that. Wish I had started using them a long time ago instead of just last year.

When we bought our GMG Crockett, the dealer brought one to the campground to show us. It was in the back of his pickup smoking ribs hooked to a battery. Side note when I said we wanted one he actually drove many miles to the shop and back to deliver to the campground so we didn’t have to go anywhere.

It runs on 12 volts so can pretty much run anywhere. Also comes with converter to plug into 110 then the power cord for 12 volt plugs into that.

Loved it so much we bought the next size up for the S&B.

Our large home Webber and the Webber Q we used to take camping sit unused now.

Everything tastes better off the smoker. Even tried a meatloaf and once the DW and I tasted it we decided we would never cook one in the oven again.

The other thing that is nice is you can cook lower temp for longer time easier than trying with a grill. This makes even poor cuts of meat come out falling apart and tasty. That leads to lower food bills too.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
X2 on that. Wish I had started using them a long time ago instead of just last year.

When we bought our GMG Crockett, the dealer brought one to the campground to show us. It was in the back of his pickup smoking ribs hooked to a battery. Side note when I said we wanted one he actually drove many miles to the shop and back to deliver to the campground so we didn’t have to go anywhere.

It runs on 12 volts so can pretty much run anywhere. Also comes with converter to plug into 110 then the power cord for 12 volt plugs into that.

Loved it so much we bought the next size up for the S&B.

Our large home Webber and the Webber Q we used to take camping sit unused now.

Everything tastes better off the smoker. Even tried a meatloaf and once the DW and I tasted it we decided we would never cook one in the oven again.

The other thing that is nice is you can cook lower temp for longer time easier than trying with a grill. This makes even poor cuts of meat come out falling apart and tasty. That leads to lower food bills too.

I like this logic. Honey, I got this new smoker so that we can save money at the store by buying less tender cuts of meat. Works for me.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:13 PM   #84

Glad to help - let me know if it actually works. 🤣
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar