Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #1

Had been working with a dealer in Las Vegas on a special order MADP with bunk beds. Getting ready to move forward and the sales rep is no longer with the company. We were not that excited about the rep and feel that this gives us an opportunity to explore "other" dealers now. Have had several people recommend Lees RV. Does anyone have a contact they would recommend before we make the call?

Thanks in advance.
utarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #2

Had been working with a dealer in Las Vegas on a special order MADP with bunk beds. Getting ready to move forward and the sales rep is no longer with the company. We were not that excited about the rep and feel that this gives us an opportunity to explore "other" dealers now. Have had several people recommend Lees RV. Does anyone have a contact they would recommend before we make the call?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Have you been working with the Newmar sales rep directly at all? I believe for that area it would still be Mark Inkrote. I worked directly with him, as well as the salesman, and then sent the final configuration to several dealers. Ended up going with the local one, La Mesa in San Bernardino which is closing. But I had good offers from Gauranty RV (Tyler McAllister), Freedom RV in AZ (AJ Greene), and Aloha RV in New Mexico. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #4

thanks for the quick response. I know that our sales rep had worked with a Mark and that the VP of Engineering had sent an email with the designs. We will get a number for Mark and go that route. Thanks again!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #5

I have met Lee of Lee's RV and he is a really nice guy. You should give them a call.

I purchased from Aloha RV last year and I am currently working on my next coach order with them. I definately think Jim Clark is an honest salesman and they were VERY agressive on the discounts for my last coach.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #6

I would trust Lee. Another good one is Marty Lown (or his son Doug) @ Coachlight RV in Carthage, MO.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #7

I traveled from SW Florida to purchase my new Dutch Star from Lee in Oklahoma City. Lee was great to work with and so was everyone else at his dealership. Lee did everything he said he would and more. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. It was a great experience.
Bahamabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #8

If you have your specials already priced by Newmar try Rick @Bretz in Missoula. They beat the price I already had by $5k without us asking!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #9

utarv, My parents dealt with Alan Johnson when they purchased their RV from Lee's in 2005. They were quite satisfied with the experience and would definitely recommend Alan.
alan@leesrv.com
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
As someone mentioned I worked with Tyler McAllister at Guaranty RV, good sales-person, no BS kind of guy, was very satisfied with his professionalism, as would highly recommend him as I am doing.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #11

I just re-read my initial post and felt compelled to provide some clarification that probably will not matter to most but it does to me.

I said that we were not "excited about the rep". That did not come across correctly. I did not mean to imply that we had not liked the rep. I meant to convey that our excitement lies in the idea of owning a Newmar with a floor plan that fits our family needs and desires. The rep is part of the process, not part of the excitement.

I did not want anyone to think that I was bashing or talking down about anyone that has tried to help us in this process. Recently on the road we met a Newmar owner that said he wished he had worked with Lee's RV to purchase his Newmar. Since the sales rep we met is no longer with the company I do not feel compelled to work with that location and we are open to dealer suggestions/referrals. When I called to talk with the sales rep and they advised me that he was no longer with them. They did not even ask if there was something that they could help me with. It was just sort of like thanks for calling and have a nice day.

This forum has been a great resource for us thus far, we just want to make sure that we are working with someone that can help us make this happen.

Thanks again to afrank1971, I have a call into Mark Inkrote. To all others that have responded, thanks for your dealership feedback! Once we know that Newmar can finalize the last of our special requests we'll call a couple dealers and see what we can come up with.

I am sure we will have more questions along the way. Thanks again to everyone.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by utarv:
When I called to talk with the sales rep and they advised me that he was no longer with them. They did not even ask if there was something that they could help me with. It was just sort of like thanks for calling and have a nice day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to love the attitude of some sales people. I've got an old saying, I don't beg anyone to take my money. If you don't want it, someone else will be happy to EARN my business. I don't need what you're selling, but you need paying customers to stay in business.

Case in point, I tried to deal on a custom 4500 GMC truck at a local dealer last July. The saleman (who I'd already bought one truck from) never called me back on the offer I made on the truck, we were $5,000 apart on an $80,000 truck. I bought elsewhere, and the local dealer STILL has their truck on the lot. It was a leftover '06 when I tried to buy it, I'll bet they'd give it away now.

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote