RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #1

Question Wholesale Warranties

My wife and I are planning to purchase a DS 1-2 years old. I looked into extended warranties and found wholesale warranties. Does anyone have any feedback on them? Also, do most purchase an extended warranty?

In2flyfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #2

I priced one from wholesale warranties, and while probably a better policy than most, decided to be self insured. If you can afford to pay for any repair that might come up, you most likely will save money by self insuring.

pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I can do a ton of repairs for what they wanted for my warranty.
https://wordpress.com/posts/enjoying-life.net
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #4

I checked with Wholesale Warranties, after the dealer attempted to sell me whatever they were pushing. Finally decided to go the "self insured" method and set up an "RV Maintenance" account at my bank, debit card and all. Another thing with Wholesale Warranties was that they would not sell me a policy if I resided in their home state (which I do), would need to use an out of state address, at least to get started. Thought that it would have been convienient since I am only about 5 miles away from their home office.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I used them for 4 years and they paid good. We got our money back on repairs. But asked for a quote for another 4 years and it went from $4,000 to $24,000 so now we are going self insured. But I would recommend them. Do a search and you will find lots of good reading.
JP
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #6

Wholesale Warranty

I have purchased several contracts from Wholesale Warranty. I spoke to Stephen Motz.

Prior to finalizing with Stephen, I would shop around and he would price match.

Yes, the contracts are expensive but worth it!! Be sure you obtain an exclusionary policy with consequential coverage.

Wholesale Warranty does have a staff member that all he does is to act as an advocate on your behalf if there is a problem as to coverage!!

I had four contracts on several coaches.

The first contract I paid $1700.00 for four years and the contract paid out $2800.00.

The second contract I had I paid $3500.00 and the contract over 4 years paid out $14,500 in which $5100.00 was for a generator repair.

The third contract I paid $4500.00 for 4 years and payout was $9500.00

The present contract I have the prior owner paid $4250.00 and there is still 3 years remaining. Just this year on two repairs the payout was $2300.00.

My slide out on the kitchen slide failed the parts were $1100.00 plus freight.

Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale