RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #1821

Newmar Owners Club
preparing for appt next week at Camp Newmar

we have a 2015 Dutch Star that we are bringing in for warranty work next week. Since this is our first time, we're not sure what to expect except that we know we need to be early birds out of the coach each morning. Do they keep the coach plugged in to shore power while working on it or do we have to unload our refrigerator? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

mimilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #1822
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They will plug it in each day

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #1823
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Oops, missed you again Candygirl

End of day 3. Slide has decided to work so we will call it good. Air conditioner has not had any issues since last night. Right now we think it was either gremlins or the brain unit on the slide will fail sometime and the freeze sensor on the air conditioner might fry some day also. We are well documented on these being issues at delivery so no worries.

Took a long trip to South Bend to return the rental car. First time driving alone with DW. Love the ride, the comfort drive, etc

We are on a tight schedule. Dealer gave us a 10 day trip permit to get coach back to west coast. Don't ask I may tell that story someday either at a campfire or here Permit starts today. Since our coach has been pristine, thanks to Perry and Jonas, I think we will bug out tomorrow. (Oops sorry for all the military terms, beaten into me ya know ) We may be "departing" tomorrow. Meet with Perry at 0600 (6am or late afternoon in amish time). Only "issue" we found was the passenger window creaks going down the road louder than I do getting out of bed in the morning. Sorry, TMI. Hope they have a solution (to the window).

It's been quite an experience doing factory pickup. Our last RV, a Lazydaze class C was a factory delivery also. The only way they do deliver. So we were aware of the value of picking up at the factory. BTW for those that decide a DP is to far an economic stretch right now, I can HIGHLY recommend a Lazydaze. Family owned, like Newmar, and built like a tank.

The search for Candygirl has been fun. Sorry if we do miss you. I owe you an adult beverage of your choose at the international rally, if we can find you. Hay wouldn't that be a neat game at the rally we could do a "were in the world is candygirl". Have you post a picture of where you are, wait for say 30 minutes, and if someone finds you the vendor, person you are at gives out a prize. OK I'll take my meds now

For those following the forum issues with Newmar; I had the Freightliner tech check my front brake caliper bolts, all, are torqued to spec. If this is a real problem then it is limited. Hope I answered everyones questions on subsystems such as the Oasis what zone is this and where is my fan switch issues. If not PM me or post on the forum. For all those folks that offered help here and via PMs, you know who you are and I won't tell the world you helped a Newbee thank you for your help.

In conclusion, for those of you who wonder what FPU is like. Well it is different for each of us. I know candygirl got to play musical site swap here at camp Newmar. We have been in a daze and just tried to keep up. All of us (except for the always grumpy guy we won't talk about) are happy with the service we got here at the factory. Perfect, no. Remember your tech likely goes back to a life in the 1800s at night with no internet to research your issue after hours. But smart, logical, expert trouble shooter, hard workers and mean at a buggy race they are.

If we don't find anything tonight, it's off to Iowa tomorrow enroute for the federal republic of Kalifornia to plate our "Newby" so we can go on our first 3000 mile adventure. Hopefully with many more after.

Fair winds and following seas to you all, especially those leaving camp Newmar this week. See you out there.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
NOW owners of the last VTDP 3725
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:31 PM   #1824
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Have to add. The operate your slideouts a certain way or you will burn in hell for ever form is no longer required at FPU Not sure if Newmar understands how the new STAR chassis changed the flex on the frame/slideout. My slides have been operated with jacks down, jacks up on air, and each time the reveal on the slides stayed perfectly even. Maybe with the new STAR the chassis is now rigid enough that it doesn't matter Only time will tell. For those of you that are RV hypochondriacs. because I am probably leading you astray. OK my lawyer says to add this: any perceived recommendations posted by "Mark Hetrick" on this or other digital media are for entertainment value only and should not be attempted by anyone at anytime in any state of mind, even if you are a professional dare devil. That being said... 2016 and up, operate you slides and be happy

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Old 06-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #1825
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, we're getting way off topic here.

Please restrict posts in this thread to who is at Camp Newmar and arriving & leaving.

Please post all other discussions in other threads.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #1826

Mark and Louene, so very sorry I missed you!!! I would love to meet you in person some day. We are not going to the International this year, but hope to go to one in the future. Stay in touch!!!

We absolutely LOVE the coach who we have named "Empress". I am still in awe of it!!! Our issues have been minor and our tech, Steve is so very patient and more than willing to go the extra mile to make things right. A wonderful experience!!!
Candy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #1827
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sitting on the front porch of the service center waiting for our coach to get back to the campground, which is supposed to happen within the hour. We're told it's done and ready to hit the road. Peggy is inside talking with Jennie while I sit outside with the dogs.

My plan is to stay one more day (through Friday) to catch our breath, get laundry done and clean up the interior some. Assuming we can get into our next planned destination (in Dayton OH) we'll finally leave Saturday AM to start our journey back to South Carolina. If any of you are still here until then, knock on the door and say 'HI'.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
Old 06-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #1828
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Left Camp Newmar this morning. No more humor per mod. Space 7 was empty if someone wants it. Sorry we missed ya candygirl. Safe travels.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Old 06-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #1829

I am coming in for delivery Sunday evening for our 2016 DSDP 4312. Looking forward to being in Camp Newmar next week!
JETJDM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #1830

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETJDM79 View Post
I am coming in for delivery Sunday evening for our 2016 DSDP 4312. Looking forward to being in Camp Newmar next week!
are there many coaches in the full hookup spots tonight?
mimilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #1831

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimilou View Post

I am in South Bend until the morning. Sorry I can't help. Should be staying tomorrow night in our coach for the first time?
JETJDM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:56 PM   #1832

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimilou View Post
Full hookup lot is completely full, a few spots open in the overflow.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #1833

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
We'll be passing through camp Newmar probably Tuesday (6/21) night on our way to deliver our coach to Midway in Grand Rapids.
our Ventanna will be delivered there on August 23rd and we pick it up the following week.
we're planning on going back to watch the build. 🤗😜
Bill,

We're in camp, if you have time drop by for a visit. We're in site 2 in the FHU lot.

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #1834
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Bill,

We're in camp, if you have time drop by for a visit. We're in site 2 in the FHU lot.

Scott
Nice neighborhood Scott.

Unfortunately they've temporarily closed off at least half a dozen sites in the full hook up lot. Makes things even tighter than usual.

2017 GMC Acadia toad