Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2017, 05:10 AM   #2507

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
1) What are the chances of snow or freezing weather the first week of April?

2) What are some good big rig friendly parks/campgrounds/resorts about half way from Gatlinburg to CN?

3) How crowded will CN be at that time?
1) at least 50-50 IMHO. but it will melt fast and they’ll get the roads cleared fast. Build in extra travel time.

2) take the Lexington route and stay here:
KHP Campground | Kentucky Horse Park

Where are you staying in the Gatlinburg area? Anchor Down?
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2017, 05:33 AM   #2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
1) at least 50-50 IMHO. but it will melt fast and they’ll get the roads cleared fast. Build in extra travel time.

2) take the Lexington route and stay here:
KHP Campground | Kentucky Horse Park

Where are you staying in the Gatlinburg area? Anchor Down?
I don't know where we will stay at yet in Gatlinburg. My brother and his family has a time-share which is across from an RV Park that is supposed to be big rig friendly. I will get that info today.

The KyHorsepark campground is still 319 miles away from CN. I like to limit my driving to about 250 miles a day so I will have to find something else just before I get to CN.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:51 AM   #2509

Newmar Owners Club
Hi reubenray,

1) Not much chance at all to freeze hard enough to affect the coach water lines.

2) On the border of Pigeon Forge and Sevierville check this out Hidden Mountain Resort, Inc. | Cabin Types | The Dell RV

3) Not crowded at all.

There is a CG just below Cincinnati. Along I-75 south of the I71 split. There is a PFJ at the exit too. Exit 171 on I75 in Kentucky.
Oak Creek CG go to Welcome to Oak Creek Campground ! Make sure you ask for a pull through site. Reserve as early as possible.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #2510
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We plan to pull in a week from today, the 8th, for our FIFTH warranty service appointment in Nappanee. Hope against hope to get a FHU site, but know the odds are low arriving on a Sunday afternoon.

We'll be leaving the national rally, Sedalia KS on Saturday. Thought about leaving Friday but don't want to miss any of the festivities.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #2511

Raymond if you are an FMCA member they have camping at their headquarters in Cincinnati.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #2512

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We plan to pull in a week from today, the 8th, for our FIFTH warranty service appointment in Nappanee. Hope against hope to get a FHU site, but know the odds are low arriving on a Sunday afternoon.

We'll be leaving the national rally, Sedalia KS on Saturday. Thought about leaving Friday but don't want to miss any of the festivities.
We got here today to watch out for our new coach as it comes up of paint this week, if we can. Also have an appointment on the 9th for a windshield replacement.

FHU is fairly empty right now. There are a couple of coaches here for paint work so the shut down of service doesn't affect them. That being said when we got here today at about 1:00 pm we had the choice of at least four places in FHU and there were only two coach's up at the overflow. Both seamed to be unoccupied as well as a couple here in FHU seam unoccupied.

You can check back directly with me on Saturday if you like.

919.368.2659 or vpchianese@gmail.com
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #2513

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
We got here today to watch out for our new coach as it comes up of paint this week, if we can. Also have an appointment on the 9th for a windshield replacement.

FHU is fairly empty right now. There are a couple of coaches here for paint work so the shut down of service doesn't affect them. That being said when we got here today at about 1:00 pm we had the choice of at least four places in FHU and there were only two coach's up at the overflow. Both seamed to be unoccupied as well as a couple here in FHU seam unoccupied.

You can check back directly with me on Saturday if you like.

919.368.2659 or vpchianese@gmail.com

Still trying to figure out where our 18 Ventana 3436 is at this time. Should be out of paint by now so not sure if it's sitting in the lot waiting for transport or whether it is already gone. Please let me know if you see a unit with custom paint (anxious to see it) with Bright Platinum Metallic skin (primary color) with 2 additional grey and 1 white graphics. Would appreciate any feedback if you happen to see it! Have a great week.
lchubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #2514

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Our Bay Star should be out of paint and just having the final details attended to since it is has an offline date of 04-Oct. It is the 3406 (Bunk Bed model) with the Intrigue (Black, Red, Silver) color scheme.

The days seem to be crawling now ...

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #2515

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
Our Bay Star should be out of paint and just having the final details attended to since it is has an offline date of 04-Oct. It is the 3406 (Bunk Bed model) with the Intrigue (Black, Red, Silver) color scheme.

Bill

Do you know the build number?
Avspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchubb View Post
Still trying to figure out where our 18 Ventana 3436 is at this time. Should be out of paint by now so not sure if it's sitting in the lot waiting for transport or whether it is already gone. Please let me know if you see a unit with custom paint (anxious to see it) with Bright Platinum Metallic skin (primary color) with 2 additional grey and 1 white graphics. Would appreciate any feedback if you happen to see it! Have a great week.

Do you have a build number?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #2517

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avspaces View Post
Do you know the build number?
The Production Number is 113193. I actually just received an email from the salesman an hour ago that said it was released for shipping yesterday and is just waiting on a driver. So I guess it is sitting wherever they stage units for shipping.

Thanks so much if you do happen to catch it! I really appreciate it.

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #2518

Quote:
The Production Number is 113193. I actually just received an email from the salesman an hour ago that said it was released for shipping yesterday and is just waiting on a driver. So I guess it is sitting wherever they stage units for shipping.

Thanks so much if you do happen to catch it! I really appreciate it.

Bill

Found it! PM me with your cell number and I’ll txt you pics.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:54 AM   #2519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avspaces View Post
Do you have a build number?
Thank you for looking and asking. Just got sent pics from our dealership that it arrived yesterday . But getting ready for a trip so won't be able to see it for 2 weeks , killing me! Guess I have lots to look forward to when we get home. Enjoy your week!
lchubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #2520

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Bill

Our DS with a 10.12 18 finish date, went into Cut and Buff on Friday afternoon and was out by about 1:00 on Monday. Was in building #7 bay 733 which faces the full hook ups. Awnings are installed in #7. We are not allowed in this building but when the mass exit at about 2:00 PM started and they pulled the door down on bay 733 I decided that I was going in anyway. So I went through the gate walked into the building and there was no one there so I just went right into my coach and had a look around. I had as a special the Oasis control put in the aft bath in our 4369. I will also have the standard control up front but I wanted to be able to turn on the diesel from the rear. So that is one of the pictures you see. Also they have added the control of the back light to the bath fixtures that way the sliding door to the bath can be left open with out the glare of the blue light panel.

By 8:30 am on Tuesday the coach was out of 733 and up to the front of the building where the tours end. So I went in there and they were finishing up some wiring and then the first of two cleanings. At 1:00 pm it was driven outside along the fence. I caught one of the supervisors and he realized it was my coach so he asked if I wanted to have a look inside but warned me it was not quite ready for prime time. So I got a quick tour. They had one piece of trim that had a crack that they were changing out then it was off to be weighed this morning at 6:00. After weighing it was going to final inspection then to repairs and back to paint if need be. Final clean on Friday or Monday and released sometime Monday as log as there were no problems found. He had his check sheet and he told me that there was very little wrong at this point so it should be right on time if not a day or two early.

All of the pictures are from bay 733 not when I went in the second time.

So my guess is your dealer should be paying for yours today or sometime soon and it will be on the way.

PS just saw your new post so it was finished. Good luck with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door latch bathroom 2018 DS.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	178790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis Panel in rear bath 2018 DS.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	178791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 2018 DS.jpg