Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2018, 07:32 PM   #3109
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Will be in on 5 Nov picking up Newbee2. In Gosen tonight and napannee tomorrow. By the way, Goshen brewing company, yum.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 04:44 AM   #3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil7163 View Post
Ill be there tomorrow picking. Up my New Aire 3341 in moonbeam on Monday. Ill look for it. What’s wrong?
I used the term 'sick bay' because that's what Newmar calls the lot outside of the assembly building where coaches are stored while they have remaining issues to finish before delivery.

I'm personally happy if Newmar takes their time to find issues prior to delivering the coach to my dealer. But it is a little difficult to wait it out

I'm just curious if someone is going to be there.. look for a New Aire in Moonbeam on the lot and snap a picture or two if you can get anywhere close to it. The lot isn't open to tour visitors.
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:52 AM   #3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
It may be that they are having problems getting drivers. There are a number of coaches waiting to be delivered.
Yes that could certainly be an issue. With the volume of coaches being built, its gotta be a challenge to find drivers to deliver all of these vehicles. The region is going at full steam building RVs.

I wonder how many professional drivers Newmar actually uses?

During my factory tour at Newmar, I learned that Newmar has a crew of their own drivers, plus they do have a relationship with another company to get additional drivers when needed. But of course, even that may not be enough at certain times.

I'd love to hear from a professional driver about their experience delivering these coaches around the country.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUpp View Post
I used the term 'sick bay' because that's what Newmar calls the lot outside of the assembly building where coaches are stored while they have remaining issues to finish before delivery.

I'm personally happy if Newmar takes their time to find issues prior to delivering the coach to my dealer. But it is a little difficult to wait it out

I'm just curious if someone is going to be there.. look for a New Aire in Moonbeam on the lot and snap a picture or two if you can get anywhere close to it. The lot isn't open to tour visitors.
when i was there OCT 15th and 16th, those parking areas were more packed than i have ever seen them....

granted, i have only seen those lots 4 times, but this time, there was no area to spare.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #3113

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Yes that could certainly be an issue. With the volume of coaches being built, its gotta be a challenge to find drivers to deliver all of these vehicles. The region is going at full steam building RVs.

I wonder how many professional drivers Newmar actually uses?

During my factory tour at Newmar, I learned that Newmar has a crew of their own drivers, plus they do have a relationship with another company to get additional drivers when needed. But of course, even that may not be enough at certain times.

I'd love to hear from a professional driver about their experience delivering these coaches around the country.
I talked to a Driver awhile back at Freightliner delivering a NA, he was there because he was having light problems As he explained it Newmar has a company they own that delivers coaches. He was explaining that they had some pretty tuff rules that drivers must follow. They are told that they shouldn't open slides are use facilities unless absolutely necessary. Basically what I understood was they were to drive the coach and touch only what was required not even radio.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #3114
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Steveupp, heading there now. Will look for a moonbeam.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #3115
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Only newaire on lot in moonbeam that we could find is getting window replaced. So maybe yours has shipped? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0331.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	224912

Good news is it looks like Newmar coned some sights for the two of us scheduled for pickup tomorrow. Sure are a lot more people here than I would have expected.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #3116

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Only newaire on lot in moonbeam that we could find is getting window replaced. So maybe yours has shipped? Attachment 224912

Good news is it looks like Newmar coned some sights for the two of us scheduled for pickup tomorrow. Sure are a lot more people here than I would have expected.
Or that's ours.. the drivers window is used to move appliances in and out that don't fit through the entry door. If for instance they had a problem with the clothes washer, they would exchange via that window... Hmm..

Our build number was xxx577. If you can get close enough to see the sticker.

Thanks so much!
Old 11-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #3117
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
YW. Given the angle we could not see build number. We won’t be on any tours so probably won’t get a look at the front. We’re picking ours up so will be busy. Will ask around and see is anyone here is going on tour.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:47 PM   #3118

Quote:

When we were there in August, one of the service techs told me they had 40 coaches in "Sick Bay" waiting on parts. When we returned in September, the lot was no way near as full
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #3119
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Ok, we are here, slot 3. All filled up in the old camp Newmar. The new campground in still a work in progress. Looks like first week in December. I am not sure, but it appears if you don’t have a service tag in your window, you will be moved to overflow this week.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #3120

Does anyone know how many sites will be in the new campground ?
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #3121

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WulfHaslett View Post
Does anyone know how many sites will be in the new campground ?
I’m Here now, Camped in the New Service Center Parking lot, It looks like 60 or 70 to me. I‘Ve Ben here 3 days now and they don’t seem to be doing much work on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9F1939C-8E8B-44B3-A127-31395AED8E0B.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	225241  
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:59 PM   #3122
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil7163 View Post
I’m Here now, Camped in the New Service Center Parking lot, It looks like 60 or 70 to me. I‘Ve Ben here 3 days now and they don’t seem to be doing much work on it.
Looks like the pads are going to have a lot of slope to them. Or is it just the angle of the picture?