Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #3319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIP View Post
It is water/electric but they shut the water off in October for the winter, not sure when they turn it back on. I think sometime in April.
The water is currently not on at the overflow lot....hence forth “ electric” only
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #3320

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Deek,
For me the order of favorite is:
1. 4H County Fair Grounds
2. Shipshewana South
3. Shipshewana North

The fair grounds is #1 because it is cheaper than the other two and I know where I am going to see what I want to see (like the dinner theaters). Closest of the three to Newmar. South is next because it is close to downtown Shipshewana and to get to Newmar. North is last as it is the farthest away from surrounding area activities.

There is nothing to write home about for the CGs. Pretty much basic full hookup sites and that is it. I haven't had any difficulty with the water at these CGs, but carry a spare water filter or two. All three are easy in and out. There are no trees at 4H or Shipshewana South.
Many thanks, Gary! This is helpful to me.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:03 PM   #3321

I'm back picking up my 2005 DSDP coach dropped off before Christmas, did the completed work checkout, paid and purchased some parts. I am camping in the old campsite with 2 other Dutch Stars, one Mountain Aire and one Ventanna.. Headed out tomorrow to get my Vertiyak Kayak rack then back to Whitby Ontario.
Colin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #3322

Just arrived at the old campground to pick up my coach, it being here for a month for some cosmetic repairs, a motor replacement on the bedroom slide and a cracked support on the FWS plus some frozen rollers. There are a couple of open slots in the FHU area and the water is on.

Bill
OC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #3323

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Rental Car Availability / Camp Newmar

Can anyone advise rental car availability in Nappanee? I will be at Camp Newmar for service in early May without a toad and will need a rental car. The only one I could find was Enterprise in Elkhart but they advise that they do not deliver or pick up in Nappanee.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:46 AM   #3324

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Can anyone advise rental car availability in Nappanee? I will be at Camp Newmar for service in early May without a toad and will need a rental car. The only one I could find was Enterprise in Elkhart but they advise that they do not deliver or pick up in Nappanee.

Many thanks.

Deek

Amish Hurtz Rentals rents 1 and 2 horse buggies at affordable weekly rates or you could rent a recumbent bike with stylish red flashing light. I went with the bike as it’s flat there.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #3325

Quote:

Many thanks.

Deek
Closest car rentals are in Warsaw I believe.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #3326

here at camp newmar. picked up the coach yesterday afternoon....

got a spot in the full hookup area.....will be leaving mid day today.....

fairly quiet here now...and was not full last night....

water is on in the full hookup area, as was mentioned....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #3327

Enterprise will help out

Quote:

Many thanks.

Deek
In December, Enterprise hired a local driver to pick me up at the Newmar campsite and drive me - to either Goshen or Elkhart office. In my case I called Goshen (a bit closer) but they didn't have any minivans so they arranged for Elkhart to supply the minivan and for the driver to take me there. I paid the driver and got a receipt, Enterprise then reduced the rental for the amount of the receipt. In other locations the Enterprise office manager has offered to cover an Uber ride to their location. So call the local office direct to check on these arrangements.
Note I rent from them fairly often with no toad at present, am at silver level, not sure if that made a difference. Hope this helps.
Colin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #3328
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Just sent an email to Newmar looking to make an appointment for the second half of July, just a few minor items. Was told they're now scheduling appointments in November. We may have made our last trip to Nappanee.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:22 PM   #3329

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Just sent an email to Newmar looking to make an appointment for the second half of July, just a few minor items. Was told they're now scheduling appointments in November. We may have made our last trip to Nappanee.
We were told to schedule as early as possible - possibly 6-7 months out. Made our July appointment before they closed for Christmas holiday. Maybe you could get on a list for cancellation?
Old 04-04-2019, 05:06 AM   #3330

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
You might have better luck getting service at one of the bigger Rallys that Newmar sends it's techs to. At the Tampa RV Super show/NKK rally there was like 25 techs and they were charging half rate to perform the service.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #3331
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Like I said, minor items. We'll stop by and visit the nice folks at Midway.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #3332

Quote:

Many thanks.

Deek
We are headed to Nappanee in May. We have been picked up and returned to Nappanee from Goeshon/Elkhart Enterprise before.
My wife called Enterprise and was informed the same as you were told, no pickup service to Nappanee due to it being out of their service distance requirement.
However, my wife informed the agent that we are a Gold card Enterprise holder.

Enterprise WILL provide customer pickup/return for us.

This is the same answer received from another reply post to this post that they are a Silver card holder and will be picked up/returned service.

Fortunately/unfortunately, we non-toad owners having to rent cars often can take advantage of requesting Enterprise make an exception for out of their normal pickup area distance for their preferred customers.

Years ago we chose Enterprise because they offered customer pickup and return service where others didn't and it has rewarded us well.

Suggest you begin renting from Enterprise and establish an acceptable rental recurrence and duration timeframe to join their customer rewards services ASAP.

PS:
I have zero affiliation with Enterprise other than my rental frequency.

PPS:
Enterprise has treated us well with vehicle upgrades at no additional cost while providing us with continued Newmar "Roughing it in comfort" motto, as we travel.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote