Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #3613
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Add Hunters Hideaway on South Main, east side of Main about a 100 feet from the intersection of 6 and Main - they have great food also. Park behind the place. I hope they still have the "Tapistry Boysenberry Milkabama Shakes - Milkshake IPA - 7.7% - Bridgman, MI" beer on tap - WOW, it was the best IPA I've ever tasted, with NO Hops after taste. Made in MI and distributed in MI and IN only. I'm going to track it a little deeper when I get there again on Wednesday. Gotta be a way to grab a case or two to bring home.

https://huntershideawaynappanee.com/

If you need a hair cut, there is a great place right across Main from the Hunters Hideaway. They still use a straight razor to clean you up. A couple young fellas - $14.
Been there too! I guess that makes it the Super Grand Slam of Nappanee! Great burgers and fries at Hunter's Hideaway.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #3614

Wow, I've only had to go to Nappanee once. I sure hope I don't ever have to get as familiar with the place as you guys are.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #3615

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Wow, I've only had to go to Nappanee once. I sure hope I don't ever have to get as familiar with the place as you guys are.
We toured and did our 'specials' before buying in Oregon. Then we never had to return for anything. We just had to do the regular maintenance in 8 years. We lucked out I guess and got a jewel!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #3616

On my way up to the mother ship today I noticed a new DS (looked new) on the side of the road on I65S, South of Glendale KY. A couple miles later I saw a service truck heading their way. Anyone know them? Brown color scheme.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #3617

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Hi, Loren.

I haven't seen your coach; maybe it is being kept inside the Service Center. Hopefully, they'll find...and fix...your shower leak quickly. Water leaks are sometimes hard to find, as we are also learning.

We had to go in this morning and fill out a "drop-in" form to get on the work schedule. An hour later, I received a phone call asking if I could bring the coach in first thing tomorrow morning. That's pretty good service, I think.

Diane says she'll bring the coach back to Iowa on two conditions; (1) that she doesn't have to go through Chicago again and (2) that you are OK with her backing it up all the way there.

Hopefully, we'll headed down the road by mid-week. We'll see.

Jim aka "TJ"

Have they finished working on your coach.

We've been here since Sunday (overflow). May be done tomorrow except for some paint issues that will be addressed on our Oct Appointment.

Certainly hope we don't have to return before October.

ken
kenk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #3618

Geez, word is out. I arrived in Nappanee at noon today and went to grab soup and sandwich at the Dutch Kitchen and on Delaware I passed the Overflow parking row and there was a Voltage 5er there - REALLY?
I then went to the Service Center and it was good to see my old coach sitting there with new windshields and the slide tight against side of the coach instead of the 1" out at the front bottom. The cleaning woman had just finished cleaning the inside and it smelled nice, looked clean. I turned on the fridge so it'll be cold when I pick her up tomorrow. I'll go through everything with the tech in the morning, after we eat some goodies from Rise and Roll.

I think I'll stay in overflow tomorrow night so I can shop and get everything ready for the slow trip home. I think that staying in their CG on pickup day is expected. Hope there is room. The Service Center was jumping today.
One thing I heard while at the Dutch Kitchen (besides it getting a new owner) is that my coach has become a talking point on the morning tour, it's been there so long.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:47 PM   #3619
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk02 View Post
Have they finished working on your coach.

We've been here since Sunday (overflow). May be done tomorrow except for some paint issues that will be addressed on our Oct Appointment.

Certainly hope we don't have to return before October.

ken
Hopefully, we'll be done tomorrow...if the replacement step controller arrives as expected.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #3620

Jim, are you hanging out in the waiting area or out with your coach while at the SC tomorrow? It would be good to meet you and put a face with a name. I'll be at my coach in the morning and maybe out the door before noon (after I come out of my sugar coma from the fritters ;-) ). Maybe then they'll pull it out and park it in the new CG while I go grocery shopping? (Actually I think they'll do anything to free up that spot inside)
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #3621

Here’s a first:
We’ve been at CN for most of two weeks while knowledgeable techs address our concerns. At first we stayed in the overflow lot until a site came available (no cone), then moved over to the FHU for the last few days. Today our coach is in the paint shop overnight, so per instructions from CS, this morning we placed a cone in the site we’ve been using, left two folding chairs on either side of the cone, and left the sewer hose connected.
We just received a call from a neighbor in CN who told us that our belongings have been moved, and a motorhome is now sitting in the site! We are told that other sites are empty tonight, so why would someone go to the trouble (and questionable health practice) to move our stuff?
I’ve heard stories about cones being moved, but this is over the top! I hope they are gone when our coach is returned tomorrow. If not, we may start selling tickets to a “Rumble in Nappanee”. Got to offset the cost of repairs somehow.....
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:07 PM   #3622

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
Here’s a first:
We’ve been at CN for most of two weeks while knowledgeable techs address our concerns. At first we stayed in the overflow lot until a site came available (no cone), then moved over to the FHU for the last few days. Today our coach is in the paint shop overnight, so per instructions from CS, this morning we placed a cone in the site we’ve been using, left two folding chairs on either side of the cone, and left the sewer hose connected.
We just received a call from a neighbor in CN who told us that our belongings have been moved, and a motorhome is now sitting in the site! We are told that other sites are empty tonight, so why would someone go to the trouble (and questionable health practice) to move our stuff?
I’ve heard stories about cones being moved, but this is over the top! I hope they are gone when our coach is returned tomorrow. If not, we may start selling tickets to a “Rumble in Nappanee”. Got to offset the cost of repairs somehow.....
I know FHU spots at CN are coveted, and we have had someone take the cone at our spot and move in, but we didn’t have “stuff” at the site. Moving belongings at a site takes things to a whole ‘nother level. What did the people say when you went back to the site for your chairs and sewer hose?
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #3623

Who's At Camp Newmar?

Newmar has generously found us a hotel room some distance away for the night, so I haven’t approached them. I will tomorrow morning. Yesterday, as a Ventana was approaching the site they had been using while in service, and which had a service cone in it, an suv quickly cut in front and backed into the site right up to the cone and refused to move, saying that “those cones don’t mean anything”. When his significant other arrived with the motorhome she had the grace to tell the “gentleman” that they would go to overflow; and they did.
I’m just astonished that all this could happen, but there have been two coaches parked in FHU since last week without windshield paperwork indicating scheduled service, and without moving an inch. One coach is in a site with signage reserving it for Newmar use only. So go figure.
While the vast majority of us are willing to share Newmars generosity, I guess some simply don’t give a [Mod Edit] about anyone but themselves. I can only hope that what comes around goes around.
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #3624

I really don't understand folks need to steal FHU sites. If you're there for service and driving to/from the shop every day, it's pretty easy to simply stop at the dump station each afternoon if necessary. Management of the CG is just another shortcoming of Newmar and they should address it in some manner. It really doesn't need to be like the old west. I know the new facility will fix the issue but something could be done in the meantime.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:58 PM   #3625

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
Here’s a first:
This is just incredibly sad. I pictured Newmar owners as more considerate than this. Newmar tries to portray the family aspect of Newmar ownership.

Rumor has it that someone from Newmar actually monitors this thread. - I wonder if it's true?

In any case, I am extremely disappointed to know that Newmar allows this behavior. REV disappointed me but there was not this type of site stealing at the repair centers.

Maybe the new CG will solve the problem, maybe it won't. If it's up and running by the end of next month, I guess we'll find out.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:28 AM   #3626

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lce3 View Post
Maybe the new CG will solve the problem, maybe it won't. If it's up and running by the end of next month, I guess we'll find out.
Haven't I read on here the new CG will have controlled access? Not sure if spots will be assigned?

Anyone know the latest rumors?

I have an appointment on 10 July, I thought I might get an email about overnight accommodations (Spot) in the new CG - - guess not.

g