RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2019, 06:31 AM   #4047

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
We checked this out in May when we there, I think it is the research and development building. Pretty cool how they are building over two older buildings, I'm guessing to be torn down later. One room, about 30' x 30' was completely made of concrete, like a bomb or storm shelter.
That would be the vault for the 250 million.

2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
"We are from, where ever we were yesterday"
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #4048

Newmar Owners Club
That’s the Midwest NSA annex.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #4049

Brewers checked into our scheduled week long warranty service today. We met FLSteve next door. We have pretty identical coaches. Hubby and I took the production factory tour this morning and learned much. Tomorrow we take the Newgle class along with Steve and his wife Lisa. The service facility is beautiful. We are in site 6. Will post updates to service as things move along. The facility is quite busy!
bbrewer841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:37 PM   #4050

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrewer841 View Post
Brewers checked into our scheduled week long warranty service today. We met FLSteve next door. We have pretty identical coaches. Hubby and I took the production factory tour this morning and learned much. Tomorrow we take the Newgle class along with Steve and his wife Lisa. The service facility is beautiful. We are in site 6. Will post updates to service as things move along. The facility is quite busy!
1 day down ... ???? days to go.

Always good to put faces to screen names.

Very impressed with the new service facility so far.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #4051

After one day at Newmar for warranty and service,and after having the campground entry gate close against the entire side of my MH, I found out that Newmar service is superb--they buffed out the 40' long scratch today--no excuses, no trying to evade responsibility--just good old-fashioned customer service.....couldn't be happier.
yblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:02 PM   #4052

Day 2 of Service. Attended the Newgle Class. The site has recently been completely revamped and is an excellent source of information for Newmar products. Some information is available for coaches made clear back to 1999. Chris Harman gave us a 60 minute overview of the valuable contents of the web based information site. I learned many things that were not covered in our PDI nor in any manual provided. There are links to information on specific components. Terry was happy because he could get wiring diagrams for some issues he wanted. I was happy to see the detailed directions on how to operate the various kinds of microwaves in coaches.

Chris said recent updates have made the search features much more intuitive and user friendly. Give it a try. The small IT team of only 5 people have done a wonderful job in my opinion!

This was a good use of our time as we wait for our service items to be completed.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #4053

Forgot to mention the BEST part of the day was sharing ideas with FLSteve and wife Lisa "after hours" on how they organized their "stuff" into the exact same space we have. We both have 2019 Dutchstar 4018 model. We visited each other's coach and snooped in closets. I see some major " redo" on how my pantry is organized! Steve is quite the craftsman with shelving projects! Great to put screen names to faces!

Did I mention that we invited them over to see our new furniture provided by service today?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8251.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	264444  
Old 10-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #4054

Do you have the beautiful Ventana parked across from us? Cream with blue stripes? Gorgeous rig!
Old 10-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #4055

Checked in this morning for our first day of CPU/FPU, basically drinking water from a firehose at the moment. Looks like we’re the only FPU happening at the moment. Miserable weather raining in our little parade.

Lots of spaces open and Newmar seems to have learned a lesson from yblaw’s incident. The gate is open for and I expect they won’t be closing it until they have some confidence that it won’t damage anyone else’s unit. Talking to The Newmar folks here, they said one of the issues is that the underground sensor is too far back from the gate itself, so at some point it will have to be dug up and moved closer to the gate.

Anyway, we plan to be here through at least Friday. Feel free to walk over to the shiny new Ventana and knock. We’re happy to meet you and learn from your experience!
Old 10-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #4056

Quote:
Do you have the beautiful Ventana parked across from us? Cream with blue stripes? Gorgeous rig!
That would be mine bbrewer! Thanks for the kind words. We’re still picking our jaws up off the floor as well. She really is beautiful. We plan to try and post some pics when the weather is a little more pleasant.

Feel free to drop in on us or grab us when we’re out and about.
Mapnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #4057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
Checked in this morning for our first day of CPU/FPU, basically drinking water from a firehose at the moment. Looks like we’re the only FPU happening at the moment. Miserable weather raining in our little parade.

Lots of spaces open and Newmar seems to have learned a lesson from yblaw’s incident. The gate is open for and I expect they won’t be closing it until they have some confidence that it won’t damage anyone else’s unit. Talking to The Newmar folks here, they said one of the issues is that the underground sensor is too far back from the gate itself, so at some point it will have to be dug up and moved closer to the gate.

Anyway, we plan to be here through at least Friday. Feel free to walk over to the shiny new Ventana and knock. We’re happy to meet you and learn from your experience!
We love the exterior color scheme on your new toy.....You're right in front of us (we have the white Jeep Gladiator pickup); we will come by to check it out tomorrow afternoon if you're around then.....
yblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #4058

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
We will be over tomorrow!!

Parked right next to bbrewer841.

Love your colors as well ... did you select them as a special?

FLSteve
Old 10-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #4059

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Did I mention that we invited them over to see our new furniture provided by service today?
Looks like they forget to plug the wires in.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #4060

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
We will be over tomorrow!!

Parked right next to bbrewer841.

Love your colors as well ... did you select them as a special?

FLSteve
No need. Colors are the 2020 Largo exterior. We spent all our money on the inside.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I’ve been eyeballing that Gladiator all night, yblaw

Mapnerd is offline   Reply With Quote