Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #1205

Deek, I hope you didn't start something. I'm so excited to see your new coach, but am going to be so jealous! I am thinking this one will be around for more than a year or two. See you in September!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #1206

For anyone at camp Newmar that's bored the wakarusa maple syrup festival is this weekend just 7 miles from camp
Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #1207

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE-JUNELL View Post
For anyone at camp Newmar that's bored the wakarusa maple syrup festival is this weekend just 7 miles from camp

Wish to heck we could have stayed long enough to meet you there, Steve. Sounds like a fun event at a great time of year for it.

Last summer we happened to be a Camp Newmar when the Amish Festival was going on across the street on W. Arnott and before we pulled out, we stopped. Had a blast.

On the way back, an Amish couple walking north on W. Arnott to their home stopped to ask which was our coach. We invited them in. Turns out that both of them worked at Newmar -- each of them for 30 plus years!!!! Wonderful people and a fun, fun time talking with them about all things Newmar and many things Amish.

We so love pulling in to Camp Newmar and spending time in Nappanee. It is, in many ways, what America used to be like -- a most refreshing snippet of life that way we love to see it. A nice, de-stressed place to gather one's thoughts, friendly, honest, accommodating people, great food if you know where to locate it, a safe, cozy, happy place. We never, ever get tired of coming back. To us, it feels just like coming home again.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post

Last summer we happened to be a Camp Newmar when the Amish Festival was going on across the street on W. Arnott and before we pulled out, we stopped. Had a blast.

Deek

DW and I are thoroughly enjoying your posts of your coach in it build process, all things Newmar, the Hoots, and the charming story above. Can't wait to see the pics of your new coach when it is finished. Glad that you "had a blast". I have a fondness for that phrase.

- Jerry and Leah

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #1209

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Wonderful people and a fun, fun time talking with them about all things Newmar and many things Amish.

We so love pulling in to Camp Newmar and spending time in Nappanee. It is, in many ways, what America used to be like -- a most refreshing snippet of life that way we love to see it. A nice, de-stressed place to gather one's thoughts, friendly, honest, accommodating people, great food if you know where to locate it, a safe, cozy, happy place. We never, ever get tired of coming back. To us, it feels just like coming home again.

Deek
Hi Deek - You nailed Indiana on the nose - there are many small towns throughout Hoosierland that are exactly the same as Nappanee - only smaller! LOL I am a tramsplanted New Yorker, growing up in Brooklyn, moving upstate NY, then being assigned to Indiana. I was on active duty with the Army National Guard. When I moved here, I got to travel around this state and found the people to be salt of the earth and hard working. When I retired from the Army - I stayed!

We too got to spend some time with an Amish family in the southern town of French Lick, home of basketball star Larry Bird. It was an interesting, great time, the only other time I have seen Amish was in Lancaster County. Amish are all over Indiana and thank goodness they put up the buggy-signs on the back roads. Unfortunately - my couple times at Camp Newmar were in and out as we live 3 hours south..........

I see you are from Erie, PA. Angie and I are heading to the Capital District of NY in July to see daughter and grand daughter...........we are new RVers and normally make the trip in one day - this time I am stopping in Erie and have reservations at the KOA. There were a couple other CGs there, the KOA seemed the best for an overnight. Any thoughts!

Take care and if ever around the west side of Indy - let me know..........

g
Old 04-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #1210

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Hi Deek - You nailed Indiana on the nose - there are many small towns throughout Hoosierland that are exactly the same as Nappanee - only smaller! LOL I am a tramsplanted New Yorker, growing up in Brooklyn, moving upstate NY, then being assigned to Indiana. I was on active duty with the Army National Guard. When I moved here, I got to travel around this state and found the people to be salt of the earth and hard working. When I retired from the Army - I stayed!

We too got to spend some time with an Amish family in the southern town of French Lick, home of basketball star Larry Bird. It was an interesting, great time, the only other time I have seen Amish was in Lancaster County. Amish are all over Indiana and thank goodness they put up the buggy-signs on the back roads. Unfortunately - my couple times at Camp Newmar were in and out as we live 3 hours south..........

I see you are from Erie, PA. Angie and I are heading to the Capital District of NY in July to see daughter and grand daughter...........we are new RVers and normally make the trip in one day - this time I am stopping in Erie and have reservations at the KOA. There were a couple other CGs there, the KOA seemed the best for an overnight. Any thoughts!

Take care and if ever around the west side of Indy - let me know..........

g
Hey, Indy Glenn!

You said it all very, very well. I am a Notre Dame '74 grad and from the first time I set foot in northern Indiana, I loved it. For me, it truly does feel like going back home, especially to Nappanee where we have made this connection with all things Newmar. My daughter may be starting law school in the fall at ND and if so, it will only be one more reason to spend more time there! In the meantime, we love returning to Nappanee and Camp Newmar which we left last week. As we left, we noticed more people heading in. Things are definitely picking up.

The KOA in Erie is, hands down, the best camping place for you to be. It is a very nice KOA. You will be very pleased. If you have some time to spend, be sure to decouple your car and take a short trip to Presque Isle State Park in Erie -- no more than 15 miles from the KOA, just north on I-79, then west on Route 20 to north on Peninsula Drive to the park. It is just a gem. Eat at Sara's on the way to the park on Peninsula Drive just before you get to the park entrance. It is a lot of fun and great eats. Then cruise the entire loop around Presque Isle -- about 13 miles all the way around at 25-30 mph. Lovely, lovely ride. Memorable. If you get there about sunset, you will find the sunset over Lake Erie at "Seagull Point" absolutely stunning.

We would love to meet you when you come through, but it looks like we will be out with the new coach for a good bit of July -- planning a trip west for most of July, perhaps to Mt. Rushmore area. If you come by, however, do PM us and if we are here, we will definitely meet up with you.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #1211
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, this thread is intended for Newmar owners to check in or check out of Camp Newmar.

Please post all other topics in the general Newmar forum.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #1212

Any irv2 people at camp newmar today? The weather is great today
Old 05-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #1213

Just got settled at the Inn. Tomorrow we take delivery of our DS 4369. Camp Newmar is looking pretty full. Hope there is room for one more! Soooo Excited
Old 05-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #1214

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srrobe View Post
Just got settled at the Inn. Tomorrow we take delivery of our DS 4369. Camp Newmar is looking pretty full. Hope there is room for one more! Soooo Excited
Excited for you... and us. We're taking delivery the following week. Hope your week goes well. Looking forward to your photos. Enjoy!
2 hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #1215

Newmar Owners Club
FINALLY!! The day has arrived!

I will be at Newmar from May 18-20, working to order my coach with Michelle. If anyone wants me to take some pics of their coach being built, please send me a PM...

Soo excited!!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #1216

Who's At Camp Newmar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
FINALLY!! The day has arrived!

I will be at Newmar from May 18-20, working to order my coach with Michelle. If anyone wants me to take some pics of their coach being built, please send me a PM...

Soo excited!!

Congratulations FRasco!! You will be working with the best! Enjoy the process!

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #1217

CHEER! Congratulations and safe travels
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #1218

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
CHEER! Congratulations and safe travels
2X!

Be sure to let us know where you end up with Michelle and what exactly you order. You are working with the best of the best with Michelle Howard. She is the Patron Saint of the Hoots!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!