Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #1807
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Randy and Cheryl, I is my understanding that the full wall slide mods have made it into regular production. Also, I think everything on the line by now will be 2017.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2016, 06:29 AM   #1808
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Where in the world is Candygirl-mystery solved!

She was right in front of us, by the fence all all along. Ok off to the eye doc. 🙈 Had a nice visit with Alice while candygirl was writing to the fan base on the forum 😄 Will stop by and say hi later.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #1809

I don't want to hi-jack the thread but I have a question about Camp Newmar. We have an appointment for Monday, August 22,'16. Having capt. seats replaced and a few other things. Will we have a site reserved or do we just show up? Leaving La. on Friday, 19th and will take our time and arrive mid afternoon(2-3ish) on Sunday, 21st. Should we try to get there earlier in the day or do y'all think that would be a safe time. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Steve & Laurie Dagro
Independence,LA
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #1810

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Most likely, a site will not be reserved for you. I would try to arrive as early as possible. People from the week before would probably leave Friday eve or Sat morning and the sites will start to fill up again on Sat.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #1811

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
I don't want to hi-jack the thread but I have a question about Camp Newmar. We have an appointment for Monday, August 22,'16. Having capt. seats replaced and a few other things. Will we have a site reserved or do we just show up? Leaving La. on Friday, 19th and will take our time and arrive mid afternoon(2-3ish) on Sunday, 21st. Should we try to get there earlier in the day or do y'all think that would be a safe time. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Steve & Laurie Dagro

Independence,LA

From what I could tell, there are no reserved spaces. You'll have to find a place on your own. It appears to be on a first come basis. After looking at both areas (we were there 3 days early for factory delivery), we chose the overflow area (along the fence) because they are mostly concrete pads and we were unloading moving boxes from a UHaul trailer. It worked really well for us, a lot less dust, and we weren't in anyone's way. Daryl, the tech we had assigned to us for the week, put cones in our spot for the times we were out there. Camp Newmar proper looks fairly empty during the day because at 6AM the techs move the MH's into the facility to be worked on. By 2:30, which is the end of their work day, it's full again. Because we were early and doing factory delivery, we had a room at Amish Acres to keep our 2 cats and dog safe from the open coach door. We had a significant amount of extra work and changes done, so overflow was perfect for us. A little less social interaction, but we would have seemed antisocial because we were preoccupied with moving in.
MissVicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:17 AM   #1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit1957 View Post
Hello Jay, Glad to here things are working out on the LA. Cheryl and I have not ordered the DS yet because we have decided to sell the condo first. We will be considering whether to wait for a later deliver date like you did. Not sure we want to do the Dec. or Jan pickup considering the condo sells quick.
I have been asking when some 2017 will be picked up by owners and only got one hit and that was not till August. Can you tell if all the unit coming of the line are 2017's yet. Also I am interested in whether all FWS will have the adjustable update? Later, Randy and Cheryl
Hi Randy and Cheryl, We pick up our 2017 DSDP 4018 THIS Saturday!!!! She is on the road now and I can't wait to see her!! We are very much hoping they have made the adjustment on the FWS but don't know yet.
tigrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #1813

We'll be passing through camp Newmar probably Tuesday (6/21) night on our way to deliver our coach to Midway in Grand Rapids.
our Ventanna will be delivered there on August 23rd and we pick it up the following week.
we're planning on going back to watch the build. 🤗😜
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #1814

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Steve & Laurie Dagro
Independence,LA
As others have said, there will not be anything reserved. Most of the worry about filling up, however, is in the full service sites. There are overflow sites with water and electric that almost never fill up. There is a dedicated dump site at the full service location. To your question, you'd want to get there by about noon on Sunday to have best chance for full service, but mid-afternoon should be fine for overflow.
WYRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #1815

Camp Newmar Sites

Quote:
Steve & Laurie Dagro
Independence,LA
We arrived last Sunday 6-12-16 at 3PM- all of the full hookup sites were taken & only 2 overflow sites on Delaware St were available & one had no electric service as it was broken. Try to arrive on Sunday before noon.
This is as full as I have every seen Camp Newmar in my 18 years of coming up here on 15 occasions! Some of it may have been boon-dockers from a regional FMCA Rally in Goshen IN. that ended Sunday as several brand X units were in the lots.
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #1816

So happy that you found CandyGirl! I can't wait to hear of everyone's adventures! (Only wish that we were out there once again to share them with you in person!)
tucker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #1817
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Back to the thread:

Yes we are here and can prove it:

Ok seems to be a problem with upload

End of day two. Yes camp newmar is busting at the seams. Bunch of full service sites taken out of commission by some kind of road work.

Test drive today For those of you with VTDP 37' your 360hp engine is...adequate, ok I said it. I'm happy with the little 6 liter, but my dreams of daytona 500 glory are now dashed Seriously, love the ride but the tech lead pimped me when he said he could sneak a 600hp 8 liter in. Laughed when I semi took him serious. We both agreed THAT would be an indy RV

Slide issue is still an issue. The engineer came by to check, and for once in my life the darn thing actually malfunctioned with the engineer looking. My tech did a happy dance because he didn't have to plead that it really has broke. Once the engineer left the slide started working. I don't think our "newby" likes him

Ok things are looking up. Got back to site, reviewed punch list with DW and the only thing left was - the slide. All plugged in and tucked in for the night. Air conditioners on and. front air goes into standby. Wait the two minutes, then five, nothing OK forum gurus have prepared me for this Shut all power off, check. Turn power on, check. Verify all is good on progressive monitor - two line at 118VAC/60Hz check. Flux capacitor fluxing, ok too much . AC zone 2 set, up and running check. AC zone 1 up... No in standby, 2 minutes, 5 minutes 10 minutes, ok my give a damn now officially busted Looks like our tech has a new punchlist item for the morning. Left zone one on. I think Newby remembered how much she disliked the engineer at about 1 and a half hours. Zone 1 AC mysteriously started up

Ok, to put this in perspective: Love the coach these are subcomponents that Newmar does not have direct QC over. But if one of these fail, Newmar is the fastest (yes that is a word) company to step up and fix it. Their statement that "they own the problem" is one of the truest and most comforting commitments I have seen from any company in a long time, good on them.

Upload still working but like the commercial about the allegator trying to pick up the check....just a little more...no can't reach it. Will try later, sorry soon to be's know I enjoyed pictures too

Mark and Louene
PROUD owners, last of the VTDP 3725s
Old 06-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #1818
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Tucker1232

Yep, found Alice. Candygirl was busy dealing with the admiring masses on the internet so did not get to speak with her. They drove back to their saved site tonight only to find multiple service vehicles in the way and folks working on the road in front of their and others sites. They drove off and I have not seen them since. Hope they got a site elsewhere.

Mark and Louene
VTDP 3725 the few, the proud, well just the few
Old 06-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #1819

Congratulations on your new coach. Cannot wait to see it.
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:00 AM   #1820

Just love you guys!!! We are in the overflow lot, but hope to be back in full hookup site tonight. We had great neighbors there, Butch and Barbara from WA who are leaving today and saving the site for us. We have to try the washer out!!!

Mark and Louene, hope to meet you in person soon!!!

Our tech is taking our coach in this morning, so we will treat ourselves to breakfast then go to the service lounge. We are bringing our "homework " with us. Hope we see some of you there!!!
Candy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote