Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #3333

Newmar Owners Club
Arrived 1pm and full hook ups full. Found space in overflow lot which is now nearly full.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmar 2019.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	241123  
Speckled Hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #3334

Newmar Owners Club
Guess we are off and running, at Camp Newmar, for the rest of the year.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #3335

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled Hen View Post
Arrived 1pm and full hook ups full. Found space in overflow lot which is now nearly full.
Does that mean they don't have space reserved for people who are having service?
Old 04-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #3336

Who’s at Camp Newmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lce3 View Post
Does that mean they don't have space reserved for people who are having service?
How about folks who agreed to pay extra for FPU? Will they be expected roll into Nappanee late Sunday after a 1,000 plus mile trip ready to engage in the orange cone battle. That just does not sound right and I hope it is not true. I assume the new facilities across from Bldg 42 are not available yet.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:23 AM   #3337

I just picked up my coach a few days ago. The new sites are far from complete, and the tech said they expect to be slammed all year.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:16 AM   #3338

Newmar Owners Club
Word I had from scheduler is all sites are first come, first serve. Last year when we had facotry pick up they did find us a spot in full hook up area.
Speckled Hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #3339

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlawbob View Post
How about folks who agreed to pay extra for FPU? Will they be expected roll into Nappanee late Sunday after a 1,000 plus mile trip ready to engage in the orange cone battle. That just does not sound right and I hope it is not true. I assume the new facilities across from Bldg 42 are not available yet.
See this is how stories start. Who exactly is it that told you that if you paid extra you could have a FHU space? You need to get your money back.

It all works out as it has in the last 20 years or so. As good as the folks are with everything they just don't have control over the weather. The camp sites are not ready and will be ASAP.

Just to be clear. King Aires don't get preference over Essex, nor Essex over Mountain Aire or Dutch Stars over you get the picture. Neither do 1,500 mile trips over 350 mile trips. Everyone is the same. Between the full hook ups and the over flow on Delaware there are plenty of spaces to go around.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #3340
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
It is my understanding the new sites, across from building 42, will require a reservation connected to a service appointment and that they will have sites reserved for FPU. They're just not there yet, given the uncountable delays in getting the new sites up and running.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #3341

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
See this is how stories start. Who exactly is it that told you that if you paid extra you could have a FHU space? You need to get your money back.
Good advice
Old 04-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #3342

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Are you sure you paid extra for that? The price for FPU is higher than dealer delivery because they spend extra time with you. We had the option and FPU was a couple thousand higher but no one said anything about it guaranteeing FHUs.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:50 PM   #3343

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Good advice
Well Bob I went and looked at your previous post and it looks like you are picking up a 2019 Essex. So if you are, then they will make sure you have a FHU. Hell for what they charge for factory pick up anymore they should give you free dinners at the Dutch Pantry and Donuts from Risen Roll not to mention free ice cream form Rocket Science.

Good luck with the new coach and get ready to "Embrace the Pace". This will make more sense once your are there for a couple of days.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:32 AM   #3344

Newmar Owners Club
Hi VP Chianese,
It has been said many times, but some do not listen. Newmar treats everyone the same. Simple as that. Now things are changing. At the new CN there will be a reservation process and rules to adhere to. Same thing on the tours. Come to think of it, as part of the process with Newmar, dumping the tanks to make sure all those mechanisms work should be beneficial.

For me, I still do not understand why people get so worked up about a full hookup site. Now there are personal preferences, but come on and get real. Unless there is a disability issue full hookup or not, it is all part of the adventure.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #3345

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi VP Chianese,
It has been said many times, but some do not listen. Newmar treats everyone the same. Simple as that. Now things are changing. At the new CN there will be a reservation process and rules to adhere to. Same thing on the tours. Come to think of it, as part of the process with Newmar, dumping the tanks to make sure all those mechanisms work should be beneficial.

For me, I still do not understand why people get so worked up about a full hookup site. Now there are personal preferences, but come on and get real. Unless there is a disability issue full hookup or not, it is all part of the adventure.
Agree Gary,

The new system will be fair to everyone with a service issue, the old lot will still be the same, an experience.

Embrace the Pace. Words to live by when at Newmar.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #3346

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I used to sit at the parking entrance with a cardboard sign and charge $5/day for parking, $10 for an orange cone. I may need a new sign for the new CG. Rates going up.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote