Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #29

I'm excited to hear things have been so great for you guy's. The pics are great. One question though...

Have you popped any popcorn?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Got the GE Advantium and yes, we did pop popcorn. It was the first thing we did because of what you pointed out Toby's in your earliest posts!

Deek

FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Got the GE Advantium and yes, we did pop popcorn. It was the first thing we did because of what you pointed out Toby's in your earliest posts!

Deek
That serves me right for trying to do this on an iPhone! "Toby's" = "to us".👍

Deek
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #32

Hi Deek,
Just wanted to congratulate you on your new baby! It's sure is beautiful. Lord willing, we'd like to order a 4018 in the same exterior color soon. We have a real estate person coming over Tuesday to find out how realistic our dreams are. Looking forward to following more of your posts.

Take Care!
NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club

Outstanding.
We get excited reading all of the write up's.
Someday. Maybe.

The one pic of the electric bay, is that black box on the wall the Surge protection unit from Progressive?
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What a great looking coach. Congrats and hope you enjoy all your future travels.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Just tell me this isn't a hoot!!!!

Chuck and Kathy, we're planning to hit Chattanooga by late afternoon. Any recommendations for a good full utility CG? I am a big Civil War guy and would like, if possible, to see some of what's there. We are thinking that if we get a good place, we might want to stay over two nights. Don't have to be in Ft. Myers till Wednesday when our reservation starts. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Deek

Just saw this. Hope you found something for campground. Have heard that Raccoon Mountain has one that is good and I am sure there are several around the battle fields. We don't normally stay around home when we get the chance to escape. Sorry I can't be much help.

Chuck
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #36

Quote:

Deek
Quote:
That serves me right for trying to do this on an iPhone! "Toby's" = "to us".👍

Deek

My wife says that's great and likes the counter/table tops.

Congrats again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
PDR John -- Thanks. We love the counter tops too. This was a Steve Morrison idea and we thank our lucky stars that he shared it with us. He and his wife saw them on a DS in Florida, loved them and found that they could order them on their coach. They passed along the recommendation to us and voila, we got em too. Probably $750 up charge -- but worth in IMO.

Chuck -- Thanks for thinking of us. Turns out we had a turbo issue (one of the high compression clamps that secures the CAC line going into the turbo had come loose on a steeper hill on I-65 South, dumping the air and taking away all the boost and we had to lay over in Nashville to get it to a Freightliner dealer to do the necessary torque compression to secure the problematic clamp -- and double check the other lines). So we were delayed a bit and with our schedule to start our reservation at River Bend in Ft. Myers on Wednesday, we had to pass by Chattanooga entirely today. For obvious reasons, that did not please me as I was looking forward to some visiting at one of the more dramatic Civil War areas that I haven't yet seen. What huge history took place in your area. As we drove past Lookout Mountain, I about cried!

Tonight, we're just outside of Macon, Georgia, at a decent KOA. Got in just at dusk and are now plugged in, warm and relaxed. A good day's work. We're going to split the miles from here so that we can pull in on Wednesday afternoon and settle a bit.

Thanks again for your response.

Deek
Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Deek,
Are you still at Newmar? NKK member number 12845L?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gesmone View Post
Deek,
Are you still at Newmar? NKK member number 12845L?
No, we left on Saturday and today got into Florida. Had cold all week at Nappanee (and I mean cold -- teens and low 20's most of the time) but we are now in Florida and it's much better. I knew we paid all this money for some reason and now I know why!

If you're there, don't miss the donuts at Martins and especially Rise and Roll. Wish we could have met you!

Deek
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Well it is 14 deg. 30-45 mph winds. Been snowing since last night. Enjoy the warm weather. We will be headed for GA. But it may be Tues.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #41

Hi Deek,
Your countertops look great and for $750 it sounds like a deal! It looks in the pictures like the granite goes throughout the coach including dinette, nightstands, bathroom counter, and TV cabinet besides the main kitchen counter. Am I seeing this right? Is it a rather thin granite so weight isn't an issue? We had corian countertops installed in our house a few years ago and haven't been impressed. Too easy to scratch and mar the surface. So it would be nice to get away from Corian in the motorhome. We've never had granite, but friends who do love it. Sounds very appealing. Any concerns about cracking in a motorhome environment?

Take Care,
Dale
NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, Dale! Yes, the counter top material goes throughout the coach -- every surface you mention, plus sink in half and full baths. We also got the solid surface sink option which, I think, goes better with the granite. It is standard on Mountain Aire, option on Dutch Star. And a great option IMO.

The material is, frankly, substantial -- no worry about cracking or flimsy material. It was one of the top options we wanted and we are 110% pleased. Even better in the coach that what you see in the sample. For the price, it was one of the best deals on options we bought for sure.

Happy Motoring!

Deek

Tags
newmar