RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #1

Wifi Ranger SkyPro LTE Modem activation problems

My Wifi Ranger came installed on my 2019 Dutch Star and it has a ATT Sim card already installed in the modem on the roof of the coach. I'm trying to get ATT to accept the Sim card that is installed so I don't have to climb up on the roof and take the modem apart to install a new card. ATT is telling me that a new card must be installed. I'm hearing from the manufacturer of the modem and the seller to Newmar that the Sim card now in the device can be used. To do this you just have to get to the right person at ATT. Has anyone else faced this issue? Did you have to install a new card other than the one that came with the Modem??

DutchStar JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2019, 03:56 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
I could not get it activated on line or on the phone. I went in to a store and they were able to figure it out.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #3

SOLVED: After 2 days of trying I finally got it done over the phone. I asked for advance technical support at ATT and they figured it out.
DutchStar JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We picked up our new 2019 Dutch star in Garfield May 1st. The salesman did not know anything about the wifi ranger and had someone from Verizon switch out the ATT sim card for a Verizon card since we have Verizon. We cannot find anyone to help us get this activated. The sales and service people at Steinbring admit that they have no clue (but did suggest that we needed to order this device). If anyone has ideas we would surely be appreciative.
KrisnMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:15 AM   #5
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisnMike View Post
We picked up our new 2019 Dutch star in Garfield May 1st. The salesman did not know anything about the wifi ranger and had someone from Verizon switch out the ATT sim card for a Verizon card since we have Verizon. We cannot find anyone to help us get this activated. The sales and service people at Steinbring admit that they have no clue (but did suggest that we needed to order this device). If anyone has ideas we would surely be appreciative.
You need to tell the Verizon people to treat it as a hotspot and activate it as such. I've heard of people actually having to remove the SIM and put it into a Verizon hotspot so it can be activated. Then they put it back in their WiFiRanger. The Ranger ought to have an IMEI number which you can give them so they know what it is, but you'll have to look through your paperwork to see if you have it without having to climb on the roof to find out.
docj is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem, problems, wifi