Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #1

WiFi Ranger SkyPro Lte not working

I have spent hours on the phone with the company and ATT to try and get my wifi ranger to work. The final solution by the company(WiFi Ranger) is to send them back the mother board from the unit on the roof and also the box inside the coach that it connects to. They will then send me new parts under warranty. I was just wondering if I should consider the Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 Router with Cat 6 LTE Advanced Modem, instead. I don't want to start messing with new antennas on the roof so I am wondering if I get the Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 Router with Cat 6 LTE Advanced Modem, will it perform as well as the Wifi Ranger if I just use it inside the coach with the paddle antennas that it comes with?
DutchStar JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Do other people get Wi-Fi, internet other than you. Reason I ask is when we picked up coach, could not get Wi-Fi ranger to acquire rv park (dealers wireless) system, saw all the connections, but would not connect. I finally connected to my phone for hot spot and that proved to me it was working, and then tech, said, network folks did something to firewall and no ones Wi-Fi ranger worked there. It worked fine other places we used it. So if you see other networks, it may be firewall of system you are trying to connect too. How long has it worked, curious, because it's on all the time, and seems warm to me, when I touch it. Thinking about putting in switch, so I can turn off when driving, seems senseless to me to have it on going down the road. Hope this helps. Oh, there is a recall on them for the power supply, make sure that is not the problem, or make sure if you stay with their equipment, you get the new power supply.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:20 AM   #3

I think I need to simplify my question. Will the Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 work well inside the coach without an exterior antenna?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #4

The answer depends on where you are. In most areas with typical cellular signal strength yes. If you are in a fringe area that’s where a rooftop antenna benefits you.

Occasionally we are in a location where the external antenna gets a signal meaningfully better than the internal ones. More often than that we’re in a canyon with no signal at all.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance View Post
The answer depends on where you are. In most areas with typical cellular signal strength yes. If you are in a fringe area that’s where a rooftop antenna benefits you.

Occasionally we are in a location where the external antenna gets a signal meaningfully better than the internal ones. More often than that we’re in a canyon with no signal at all.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

Tags
wifi