Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
How do you think Entegra has fared under Thor?
I think over the last two years since Thor purchased Jayco not too bad. Entegra’s customer service appears to be the same, when I call. I’m almost two years out of warranty and have not needed much help from Entegra. Folks I know who have purchased new coaches, under Thor, still claim that the quality is the same if not better.

Only time will tell......Now you’ll understand how the Entegra family felt two years ago!
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #30
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Not kidding.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...er-Newmar.html

It’s going to take a while to digest this.
Having owned Winnebago products, this really sucks. Probably my last MH.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We've been looking at MH's and had it down to Newmar and Tiffin. Looks like our list just got shorter. Sorry to see a great coach builder with a solid following and good reputation sell out. We had a 2008 Jayco it was a well built TT for the price. I've seen Jaycos after they went from family owned company to corporate owned and the quality and fit/finish has IMHO definately suffered.
Wiscampsin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Lets face it, Newmar's quality in workmanship has already taken a real hit in the last couple of years. Which would lead one to think there were a lot of unhappy employee's on the production line. The differences in workmanship between my first Newmar and my current Newmar have been dramatic resulting in a lot of down time in the shop in the first 10 months of ownership. Things like stripped or broken screws, misaligned doors, not tighten nuts, slide issues have become common. So maybe things really wont change much as initial quality is already poor currently.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:06 AM   #33

This Thursday AM could be the most interesting Newmar Exec meeting in Hoots history! We'll have to post outcomes from the discussion for sure! Anybody know who is (was) suppose to come from Nappanee?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:06 AM   #34
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I understand the employees at the factory just found out today too. The buzz in Nappanee must be deafening. As for me ... have no words. [emoji22]
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
This is really sad news. Never was a high-end RV purchaser. I bought a 2016 Winnebago Navion and it was the biggest piece of junk I ever had. Numerous problems, propane gas leaks, roof leaks, electrical problems and just overall terrible manufacturing quality. Winnebago is just throwing these things together.

Wanted a shorter coach so I got rid of the Navion and bought a 2019 Bay Star Sport. Even though the BSS is a low end coach the quality is there. Their customer service has also been A+. Had a couple of non-critical issues that were addressed during a factory service visit. Newmar service experience is amazing. Wonder how long it will take for this to all go downhill. I probably would not buy from Newmar in the future based on my past experience with Winnebago.

Tom

2019 BSS 2813
2015 Ford Focus toad
Old 09-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
And Foretravel
And Newell is still independent if I;m not mistaken.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I’m sure we and their employees will hear all the Corp BS that this opens up resources for them.

Fact is Newmar failed and should be very disappointed with themselves (the leadership).

Yes, I’m very disappointed. Too many models too many options poor quality failed pricing failed service and you get a F.
I have to agree. They failed. Very sad news. I guess Matt decided to take the money and run. I have been a huge fan of the Newmar product. Not so sure now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out going forward. At least we can be thankful its not Thor!
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #38

Glad this happened now. Have been researching for next purchase. Having second thoughts now.
Dave
Jaxstevedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #39

Nor'easters Club
My thoughts go to Monaco Coach Corp and their wild expansion with Safari, Holiday Rambler,Beaver etc.
The economic downturn finished them. Hope Winnie isn’t going down the same path....
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:27 AM   #40

It remains to be seen. If they truly let Newmar run as a distinct entity, the changes may not be drastic. Yes, the quality has suffered over the past few years and Newmar tried to ramp up production to meet demand. That could have happened with any brand. If you think of it from Winnebago's side, Newmar is a premium coach builder, that Winnebago is acquiring, why would they pay a premium for them, just to add them to the slop. Newmar's production numbers do not begin to compare to Winnebago, so it wasn't all about market share. The bank I used to work for was well known for acquiring smaller banks. When they did, the new bank was brought under the corporate umbrella, but remained to function as they had prior to the acquisition. The only visible difference was the parent banks logo now appearing in the lower corner of the acquired banks signage and letterhead.

This could go either way. Instead of running around saying the sky is falling, I think I'll adopt a wait and see attitude. As was said in a previous post, if the worst happens, our coaches will be worth more in resale because they were built before the acquisition.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Methinks this is not good.
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:34 AM   #42

Angry Please tell me its fake news please

@#$*#* kidding me? I guess I will be done RVing sooner then I thought

Zzotte

Tags
newmar, sale, winnebago