Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #15

They do have 365s up front. Would those put more weight on the tag and not at all necessary. All JMHO
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Actually Entegras also have the 315s on the drive and tag axles.

It’s not a huge deal, but just as a point of information: As of 2018, the 44ft models of both Aspire and Anthem only had 295s on the drive and tag axle. And they do not have 365s up front either. Only the 315s. Though it’s the same chassis, Entegra orders them with smaller tires. You may have been referring to 2019, I don’t have knowledge of that mode year.

Of course when you get to the London Aire, Essex and Cornerstone price point, it’s a given that you’ll get the bigger tires.

For what it’s worth....
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:17 AM   #17

And on the MA and DS
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:52 AM   #18

Winnebago uses the same construction techniques across all its models. They build a decent laminated wall construction, but it’s still prone to all the issues that come with laminated construction.
At the price point of a Grand Tour much better quality can be found, that may be why you don’t see many. Winnebago seems best suited to building lower mid level quality units. They do very well in that area. Luxury coaches built by them just look and feel like a glorified version of the lower mid quality Coaches they normally build.
Having owned a Winnebago, I will say it was trouble free and exceeded our expectations. Would I buy another one, No.
The same thing happened with our cars. Once we bought Porsche and Mercedes there was no more shopping for a Ford.
Newaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #19

Maybe that is why Winnebago purchase the Country Coach factory out west and have or plan to move higher end coach manufacturing there.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaire1 View Post
Winnebago uses the same construction techniques across all its models. They build a decent laminated wall construction, but it’s still prone to all the issues that come with laminated construction.

At the price point of a Grand Tour much better quality can be found, that may be why you don’t see many. Winnebago seems best suited to building lower mid level quality units. They do very well in that area. Luxury coaches built by them just look and feel like a glorified version of the lower mid quality Coaches they normally build.

Having owned a Winnebago, I will say it was trouble free and exceeded our expectations. Would I buy another one, No.

The same thing happened with our cars. Once we bought Porsche and Mercedes there was no more shopping for a Ford.

I think you hit the nail on the head about wbgo.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Maybe that is why Winnebago purchase the Country Coach factory out west and have or plan to move higher end coach manufacturing there.

For owners it’s nice to have a western factory facility, sure wish Newmar did.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:30 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I thought i read it was their plan to move almost all diesel production to Oregon. Not just the higher end. To free up their Iowa lines.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #23

I'm in so many motorhomes at work they all seem the same. Guess I don't look close enuf to see the differences.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
WBGO has moved all diesel Class A (except the lowest model “Forza”) production to the former Country Coach factory in Junction City, OR. A large percentage of the workers there are former CC employees. From what I hear they’re really happy to be working and building quality RVs again. They’ve opened a Service Center there as well.

Tags
winnebago