RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #1

Our Scottsdale did not come with any heat ducting for the water bays. So far, when traveling in cold weather we have used the pink antifreeze and light bulbs and just tank and pipe drainage for below freezing protection. There is an I Beam down the middle of the chassis on our coach. The two fresh water tanks are on the left and right with a connecting hose. The gray tank is in another rearward compartment with the black tank on the other side of the center I beam. How are the GAS W22 MAs and KSs ducted to bring heat to all compartments? Where does Newmar rob the air? How does the heat get from one side of the center I beam to the other? The center beam sort of makes it like 4 compartments. I have heard about a fan switch for cold weather. How is it set up? We are heading through some very cold weather this year and I want to add ducting and maybe a 12 v fan or two to heat the compartments with coach propane heat and I am not sure what Newmar does. Thank you for the help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #2

Our Scottsdale did not come with any heat ducting for the water bays. So far, when traveling in cold weather we have used the pink antifreeze and light bulbs and just tank and pipe drainage for below freezing protection. There is an I Beam down the middle of the chassis on our coach. The two fresh water tanks are on the left and right with a connecting hose. The gray tank is in another rearward compartment with the black tank on the other side of the center I beam. How are the GAS W22 MAs and KSs ducted to bring heat to all compartments? Where does Newmar rob the air? How does the heat get from one side of the center I beam to the other? The center beam sort of makes it like 4 compartments. I have heard about a fan switch for cold weather. How is it set up? We are heading through some very cold weather this year and I want to add ducting and maybe a 12 v fan or two to heat the compartments with coach propane heat and I am not sure what Newmar does. Thank you for the help.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:04 AM   #3

On my 2000 Mountain Aire Ford with propane heat there was a heat outlet in the plumbing bay which heated that bay only, not all bays. I now have an 02 Mountain Aire diesel with hydro-heat that has a heat exchanger in plumbing bay with it's own thermostat, 50 degrees is the lowest setting. Because I ordered both units from factory, I added the " heating pads for holding tanks" . This option was under $300.00. I've yet to use them, but they are there if needed. Look more closely in plumbing bay for heat outlet, it should be there, if not I think Newmar will correct their oversight. Start the furnace , wait for heat to be up , then conduct your search while fan is on.

Hope this info helps-------AJBJRVERS
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have a heat foil tube from your furnace you may find it mid-coach near your water tanks just do as "ajbj" says run furnace for a while and check for heat in compartments near water tank, heat will travel to other holding tanks, which are raised on blocks, to keep them from freezing. I have three holding tanks plus water,heat travels to rear of coach for rear holding tank bathroom. If you had a switch for fan in tube it would cycle with furnace fan when on. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote