RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Winterizing a Newmar 4304 with Hydra-Hot

Just purchased a 2005 Mt. Aire 4304 with the hydra-hot. when you winterizie this coach do you just open the low point drains and then pump the antiz freeze through the system?? Also is there a drain to just drain the fresh water tank?? Previous owner thought that you just opened the low point drain and that did it... Could not find it in the manuals as of yet! this is definitely a different animal from my Mt. Aire gasser... thanks

dav-cle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Drain it and blow the line out using the water hose connection and then run the pink thru the whole system. Reach down on the left side of the fresh water tank and there should be a ball valve where you can empty the tank.

a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #3

Here's a couple more tips:
1) Water filter: I unscrew mine and dump the water, take filter out, and screw case back on.
2) If you have a washer/dryer, don't forget to run some antifreeze in the washer by turning on the hot setting and then the cold setting on the washer.
3) If you have an ice maker or water dispenser in the refrig. door, don't forget to either drain the lines to the ice maker/water dispenser or put antifreeze through the line. Other threads tell you how you can do.
4) Don't forget to put some antifreeze down in each of the sink drains.
Ask more questions if you need help.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Can't remember where I read it but Aquahot doesn't recommend using compressd air to blow water out of the Aquahot. They want you to drain the system using low point drains and then use rv antifreeze to be drawn into the fresh water coil.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #5

Also check under the kitchen sink. Some rigs have a separate water filter for the faucet. Remove that before you put in the pink stuff. It should have a bypass hose or valves.

Belt and suspenders: I've use air to blow out the pipes and then put in the antifreeze for the last two years here in NJ. Current temp: 19 deg. No springtime leaks yet!

I try not to get the pink stuff in the ice maker, makes for some funky ice come next spring. I cycle the ice maker until i hear the air and turn it off.

Have fun out there!
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
DAV-CLE Welcome to the Newmar forum.
Here is a thread on winterizing your coach with other links within it.
Also there are other threads in Quick Tips & Mods that will have more info.
Your Aqua-Hot is already protected.
Enjoy the forum and congrats on your new Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #7

Bill M - how do you "cycle the ice maker until you hear air?" The lack of a drain in the ice maker is a major PITA for me. Every time we store the coach I have to soak up what I can and then let the rest evaporate.

Estero, FL
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bob you will have two plastic pipes feeding into water valve one goes up to ice maker and the other with hose fitting will feed into water supply to a filter under sink if you put one in or had as option by Newmar.
Disconnect both, the one feeding off bottom of valve goes to ice maker.
Operate ice maker wire switch and water should drain out of plastic pipe from ice maker.
Than take some paper towels and suck up the water in ice maker tray.
Leave both pipes disconnected may want to place tape on ends so no bugs.
If you have any more questions check the Quick Tips link more info for us non- snow birds.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #9

BCook57:

My rig has an ice and water function in the door fridge. With the air compressor on to blow out the water, I run all the water out of the fridge first. It takes a few mugs full. Then with the switch inside the freezer, I cycle the icemaker on a few times until I hear only air entering. Then i turn the fridge off completely.

Not sure this will work for everyone, but I've good luck so far.

Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote