Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #1

Question Wiper intermittent control location ?

Does anybody know where and what makes the wipers intermittent. Mind stopped working on one trip then started back.
AtecMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
What is it on we need more info to help you
Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #3

08 F53 Ford gas Newmar Bay Star 09 can not find the wiper control modul don't know what it looks like.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Has this unit been sitting around for any amount of time and are the signals and 4 ways working good
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

I brought in july didn't appear to be sittin for very long. On my second trip 1k miles wiper only worked high speed most of the way think I hit a bump then intermittent worked all was normal they work now. That made me try figure out what happen ststarted looking for wiper control modul. Have not found it so far don't know what it looks like, do you ?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't know what it looks like but reason I was asking about sitting was in that multi-function switch there is copper terminals and over time they get gunked up with green stuff like what copper will do when it is exposed to dampness and will break connections I just fixed one with this problem and it was bad.

Check this out and you will see what I mean

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/ford-...ls-109450.html
Old 10-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #7

Thanks I will try to clean those contacts. I think I want to find the control modul because it started working after the bump I had to move switch a lot from high to off.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
That gunk in there will do it too there is 5 screws that holds the 2 halves and a small spring look for it when you split the halves,you know how to get the switch out and the covers off
Old 10-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv
That gunk in there will do it too there is 5 screws that holds the 2 halves and a small spring look for it when you split the halves,you know how to get the switch out and the covers off
Somebody said pry off end of turn signal lever remove phillips didn't no about the other 5 thanks watching the race and mannings today
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
If it's the muti-fuction turn with the 4 way button on top it's all one unit you have to take top cover and bottom cover off the colum and there is 2 star screws that hold the switch on and 2 plugs to remove then you will see the screws on the body
Old 10-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv
If it's the muti-fuction turn with the 4 way button on top it's all one unit you have to take top cover and bottom cover off the colum and there is 2 star screws that hold the switch on and 2 plugs to remove then you will see the screws on the body
Another rainy trip guess what intermittent not working. I was hoping that problem would go away. Will have dig into the wipers not working on intermittent only fast works. Will try cleaning contacts in the turn lever still looking for the wiper control mod because they worked one time After hitting a bump. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have your same problem only full wipes.
I got road salt in mine couple years ago most times could clear problem by cleaning the plug feeding the motor with contact spray and dielectric grease but its more than that this time.
There is a wiring plug that enters the motor mount and its necessary to drop the motor mounting to get to that wiring.
Got coach inspected last spring and it passed with the one speed.
You wippers like mine were installed by Newmar even if we have different chassis's.
Its a pain to twist your body and look into this wiring plug with multiple wires.
The coach is retired for this winter and was going to tackle next spring.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtecMike
Does anybody know where and what makes the wipers intermittent. Mind stopped working on one trip then started back.
I found a loose connection in the plug pigtail adaptor that Newmar uses to connect the wiper motor to the F53 wiring harness. I held it in the working position Ty wrapped and taped then Ty wrapped it to stop it from swinging. All is working now next rainy trip will tell.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the info Mike will check it out.
If you clean the plug and use di-electic grease in plug will keep out water.
Also if a rubber bulb molding is placed on upper edge of hood opening will keep out water also off motor and down your air intake tube.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote