Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2016, 06:58 AM   #1

Wood Laminate upgrade over vinyl on CS?

I am doing my due diligence. I will be going full time next year and decided to get a CS 3710. I will be ordering it and wonder if there is any long term experience on the wood laminate flooring upgrade?
Things like:
Cleaning?
Scratches?
Replace damaged sections?
Wear?
Squeaking?

Thanks in advance for the replies
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
After one season, it is holding up pretty well. I have some marking where the slid rollers sit on the floor when the slides are withdrawn. I started putting down thin sheets of rubber gasket material before bringing in the he slides, hasn't gotten any worse.

We just damp mop with water, nothing more, same as our sticks and bricks home.

Wes

2016 Canyon Star 3710
Wesslvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Our 2014 laminate is holding up well with minimal issues. It's not the best grade of laminate, but we have no major scratches. We did not opt for all laminate as we still have carpet in the bedroom. The laminate is pretty slick without throw rugs--we used the rubber backed washable type.
twinknkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wood will scratch if rollers become loose and have dents if you do not clean floor every time you close slide.
To replace a piece would require maybe removing a couple of strips to re-lock the floor down.
Rollers will wear a spot on floor unless protected.
This was in a MA I had.
Other coach's I had had a rug which the rug would get a indent in rug eventually, had Newmar extend the heavy kitchen tiles up to the mid- door entrance, worked well but you had to make sure spot where roller sat was cleaned and waxed to keep floor in good condition.
No matter what you have requires some looking after.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:32 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ours has been very nice. The rollers have left a mark, but not a big deal. We have a throw rug on the floor when parked. Seems to be very durable and looks great.

We just ordered a Ventana LE with the wood laminate floor throughout the coach. So much easier to keep clean!

My wife uses a dry swifer before we pull slide back in - makes sure there is no sand etc on the floor.
bwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesslvm View Post
After one season, it is holding up pretty well. I have some marking where the slid rollers sit on the floor when the slides are withdrawn. I started putting down thin sheets of rubber gasket material before bringing in the he slides, hasn't gotten any worse.

We just damp mop with water, nothing more, same as our sticks and bricks home.

Wes

2016 Canyon Star 3710
Newmar makes and will supply you with some matts for the rollers, if you ask them.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade