Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #15

I agree with those who said you should have them change out the awnings that match the paint.

You paid for the awnings. You have since posted that they automatically should match the paint. If they put awnings on that do not match your paint, they should fix it. It does not matter why they put the wrong color awnings on, and you had no control or even input into that. It is on them, and they should fix it.

Do not feel bad. Think of it this way, if you do not have them fix this, then the next goofy thing they do to the next buyer, they will not expect to be held accountable. With this in mind, it is somewhat of a public service that you hold them accountable to repair the off color awnings. In other words, you making them change the awnings makes you a hero. You allowing them to not change the off color awnings makes you a villain.

I'm pretty sure you want to be a hero, don't you?

KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjZ06 View Post
Yes, I took the coach. I don't know if you've ever walked in, cut a check for more than some houses, and bought a motorhome you've been waiting for for 3+ months... but it gets a little exciting. I thought I had been pretty exhaustive in checking everything out, making sure all of my options were on it, etc... but I missed putting the awnings out.
"Hey, I wonder if they put the wrong color awnings on my new RV!?!" was just not something that crossed my mind.
You're right, I "signed on the dotted line" so it's really on me if that is how Newmar wants to treat it. I love this coach and will be a lifelong Newmar owner if they treat me right here (I'm 34, so I hope to have many more after this one). Sure, I shouldn't have taken delivery of it (did you miss the part where I put that in my original post????), but Newmar should never have put brown awnings on a black coach.
-TJ
tjZ06
I sincearly hope that Newmar fixes your mistake to your satisfaction without any additional cost to you.... (but I won't be surprised if they don't).
BTW I'll bet you'll never make that mistake again on a purchase that cost you "more than some houses".
Good luck.
Mel
'96 Safari

Old 07-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #17

Beautiful coach by the way, I am also considering ordering from Tom Lindstrom too. I never even thought about the awning colors until your post. It looks like Newmar put on what was orignally going on that coach not even thinking about color either. IMHO it looks ok but a grey would look better. My feeling is I think Newmar will work with you on this because they should have called you to make sure.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #18

FWIW Tom is working very hard with me to get this made right. I don't put this one on Tom personally.

-TJ
Old 07-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's not right. If you want if made right, Newmar should step up and do so. IMHO.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
I'd be very surprised if Newmar wouldn't make this right for you. It's not like your awnings have seen a lot of dust storm or even rain yet.

It would bug the hell out of me every time I opened those awnings. They should not be beige or whatever that color is.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #21

I think it looks great the way it is. If it bugs you then definitely fight tooth and nail to get it fixed on their dime, otherwise it will bug you for the life of the coach.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #22

I would ask Newmar...what color awning they spec for your exterior color. If it is not the color that is presently on your coach, I would ask why are my awnings different. I know you said that they had already "planned" the materials and I get that, but to me Newmar should be responsible for installing the proper color awnings that match the exterior of your coach. This is something that Newmar should have recognized early on and taken the appropriate action to order the correct materials and install the proper color awnings on your coach. How were you to know it was your responsibility to inquire about the color or the awnings? To me, this is on Newmar.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #23
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Unfortunately most of the prodution folks just do what the build sheet tells them. I've got some things on my coach that can only be answered with, but that's what the build sheet said. Even the delivery tech scratched his head on some things. The good ones question the sheets and make things right.

If Newmar put in the wrong awnings just because that is what they had, I might consider a personal letter to Mr Miller so the next unit on the line might be fixed. Won't help you, but the next person who's coach comes off the line will appreciate it.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725
Old 07-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #24
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
TJ, I wouldn't worry too much. I really believe Newmar will switch 'em for you, especially working on it through Tom. Give it a little time and you'll probably get a call from Tom to make an appointment to have it done. It would surprise me otherwise.

You have a great Duchie there. Fantastic choices on interior decor too! It looks like you have the Mountain Aire floor tile if I'm not mistaken. Very cool rig.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #25

Your dash looks good because it matches the floor, in my opinion. But here's the deal, my opinion doesn't matter. Neither does anybody else's. It's your coach, paid for by your money, and if you are not happy with it, do everything in your power to get it changed.

As far as I know, there are only two awning colors, beige and dark charcoal. I do think that the beige looks mismatched. But once again, what I think is irrelevant.

My only point is to encourage you to push for a result that satisfies you.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-29-2016, 07:21 AM   #26

Beautiful coach but the awnings look horrible. What the heck was Newmar thinking?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:41 AM   #27

The awnings do look terrible. Black ones would look better.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #28

Thanks for the input everybody.

Newmar just contacted me and they will be changing the awning material. It was that simple/easy. Though I do want to thank Tom Lindstrom for working with Newmar to ensure it was painless.

I'll post new pictures when it's all done.

-TJ

Tags
awning, newmar