Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #1

Xite XSG3 Rand MacNally Nav Update

Rand MacNally just issue a large program/nav data update which applies to the Xite XSG3 Infotainment System in the NA. It took hours to down load from a very slow Rand MacNally server.

So far I don't see any major feature improvements but the Nav app does seem to be handling WiFi based traffic and weather data better than previous versions. One very neat feature of the Xite XSG3 is the ability to overlay weather data (including weather radar) on the current charted route.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Turbo, sorry I haven’t sent the service solution on the key fob but I am on the road should be home in about 3 weeks and wii get it to you. I have been using nav with the new card they sent and the system has worked flawlessly
Old 06-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Rand MacNally just issue a large program/nav data update which applies to the Xite XSG3 Infotainment System in the NA. It took hours to down load from a very slow Rand MacNally server.

So far I don't see any major feature improvements but the Nav app does seem to be handling WiFi based traffic and weather data better than previous versions. One very neat feature of the Xite XSG3 is the ability to overlay weather data (including weather radar) on the current charted route.

Any chance Turbo you can go over briefly how we update this system?
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
Any chance Turbo you can go over briefly how we update this system?
Rand McNally Dock

The Rand McNally Dock enables you to receive software upgrades and access map updates, monthly construction updates, and additional features. Simply download the Dock software for your PC or Mac at www.randmcnally.com/dock, remove the SD card from your device and insert it into your PC or Mac using SD card adapter. Then start the Rand McNally Dock software.
With the Rand McNally Dock, you can also:
• Upload custom POIs, such as red light cameras and railroad crossings, to your device
• Download the User Manual
• Access the Rand McNally support site and online store
• Read product news and announcements
• Send feedback and suggestions to Rand McNally through “Tell Rand”
Old 06-21-2018, 06:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Rand McNally Dock

The Rand McNally Dock enables you to receive software upgrades and access map updates, monthly construction updates, and additional features. Simply download the Dock software for your PC or Mac at www.randmcnally.com/dock, remove the SD card from your device and insert it into your PC or Mac using SD card adapter. Then start the Rand McNally Dock software.
With the Rand McNally Dock, you can also:
• Upload custom POIs, such as red light cameras and railroad crossings, to your device
• Download the User Manual
• Access the Rand McNally support site and online store
• Read product news and announcements
• Send feedback and suggestions to Rand McNally through “Tell Rand”
Thank You...All done I remember you talking about it ages ago but I couldn't find the discussion. Mine was an update from 2/28/18 and didn't take but 20 minutes...? Thanks again.
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #6

Turbopilot: tried to download the Dock software. During install, I got a message telling me that my Mac “needs to be connected.” I had wifi and power connected....any idea what the message referred to?
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
Turbopilot: tried to download the Dock software. During install, I got a message telling me that my Mac “needs to be connected.” I had wifi and power connected....any idea what the message referred to?
First, the Mac OS version is buggy and often does not work. I finally had to move to a Windows PC to make it work.

You must have the SD card from the Xite system plugged into the computer for it work properly.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #8

Ok. SD card it is. I’ll try it again on the Mac. Many thanks.
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
Ok. SD card it is. I’ll try it again on the Mac. Many thanks.
With the last update of Dock I was unable to make it work on the Mac.

Goodness is that they have improved the Rand McNally app on the Xite. Runs much better now. Still painfully slow to setup but once it is running with a destination it seems to do ok.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #10
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
First, the Mac OS version is buggy and often does not work. I finally had to move to a Windows PC to make it work.

You must have the SD card from the Xite system plugged into the computer for it work properly.
I guess that's another good reason for us Mac users to replace the Xite with something that is better supported. I have been underwhelmed in my contacts with RiverPark!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
I guess that's another good reason for us Mac users to replace the Xite with something that is better supported. I have been underwhelmed in my contacts with RiverPark!

TJ
I have made a few updates using Mac version and have had no issues