Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
It's nice to work with someone who knows what they want. Like it or not, you really need to see a 3950 and crawl all over it. I recommed this because:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>You will need to duck entering and exiting the queen bedroom. You may get your pants on, but a bump on the noggin and cranky you might be.
<LI>The 3950's lack of storage is severe. Not knowing how you will use the coach, this may or may not be important.
<LI>Newmar will put items in a coach not on their list of options. They are called specials. It might be benificial for you to tour a variety of Newmar Brand coaches. Some things, you see, might be be of interest and could be added to the Allstar.
<LI>My wife just mentioned that my head touched the ceiling of the queen bed area (I am 6' 1" tall). Wives have 100% reacall forever, so it would be good for you to check this out.
<LI>Before making a purchase, consider always seeing the model in the travel, eating and sleeping configurations. It could be a surprise what you will see.[/list]I will PM you with some questions.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #16

You make some great points! Right now we have no storage, and haven't missed it. We carry tons of clothes and food, of course. I'm not sure what everyone is using the "basement" storage for....but for the last 2 years we have not needed it.

I would love to be able to crawl around one....but so far I can only find one 3000 miles away. Not so handy with 4 little kids in tow.
I might just send my parents (who live on the west coast) to go climb around for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryKD:
It's nice to work with someone who knows what they want. Like it or not, you really need to see a 3950 and crawl all over it. I recommed this because:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>You will need to duck entering and exiting the queen bedroom. You may get your pants on, but a bump on the noggin and cranky you might be.
<LI>The 3950's lack of storage is severe. Not knowing how you will use the coach, this may or may not be important.
<LI>Newmar will put items in a coach not on their list of options. They are called specials. It might be benificial for you to tour a variety of Newmar Brand coaches. Some things, you see, might be be of interest and could be added to the Allstar.
<LI>My wife just mentioned that my head touched the ceiling of the queen bed area (I am 6' 1" tall). Wives have 100% reacall forever, so it would be good for you to check this out.
<LI>Before making a purchase, consider always seeing the model in the travel, eating and sleeping configurations. It could be a surprise what you will see.[/list]I will PM you with some questions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #17

Well if it's any help at all... me and the wife are looking for a 4153 to go FT with, and once we find one, we'll be sure to photograph the @#$% out of it for who ever else is interested. If we can find one on a lot that is! We're in Socal, and there are No lots that seem to have any actually tangible... just promises. If we come across ANY Newmar's, we'll be sure to take photos and hopefully we can get a few 3950s and 4154s for you Cindy317.

Having said that... if anyone in a 4153 is out near Los Angeles, drop a line and we'll trade lunch for a peek at your rig if you don't mind. Might just be faster to find someone passing through, than wait for a dealer to actually have one!
RHAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
RHAnthony welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
Most of the links I have posted are in the east where we have some AllStars not much help to you west coasters.
Good luck in your quest your not along out there looking. The summer months I'm sure the dealers will be getting them in.
The Newmar link up top of forum will get you to Newmar and dealers and you can build your own on the Lees link for pricing.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #19

The AllStarRoadTrip.com has had 2 of these AllStar puppies packed with 2 families on the road for the past year. Sort of a Newmar sanctioned event. Craig McHugh is piloting one with his family and is an excellent resource of detailed real-world and from the field AllStar info. Tell him the 'Dude sent ya.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #20

Lee's "Build your own" section doesn't offer an All Star choice

Note: I moved from RHAnthony, to this username

Mr.Anthony337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:11 AM   #21

Hi Cindy,

Welcome

Four little girls under the age of 6?
You certainly have your hands full, but what a blessing.

Plus you will have a shopping partner for years to come!
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote