RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #1

Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm gonna be bugging you with my million questions.

My husband and I have 4 little girls all under the age of 6 ( I know) so we are searching for the Newmar All Star 4950. We Have a Damon now, that we got just to get our feet wet and see what we needed/wanted.

My problem right now is I can't find anyone East of the Mississippi that has one to even look at! I want to know if I can stand up in the back (it has the basement bedroom). I contacted Newmar and they gave me links to one in CA and WA...uh, thanks.

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading (lurking) the posts so far and I can't wait to get through the rest!

Cindy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #2

Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm gonna be bugging you with my million questions.

My husband and I have 4 little girls all under the age of 6 ( I know) so we are searching for the Newmar All Star 4950. We Have a Damon now, that we got just to get our feet wet and see what we needed/wanted.

My problem right now is I can't find anyone East of the Mississippi that has one to even look at! I want to know if I can stand up in the back (it has the basement bedroom). I contacted Newmar and they gave me links to one in CA and WA...uh, thanks.

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading (lurking) the posts so far and I can't wait to get through the rest!

Cindy

Old 01-28-2007, 04:58 AM   #3

Welcome Cindy..... I am in California (Modesto) if there is anything I can do let me know....

4 Little girls huh... My sympathy goes to your husband.....

2017 Silverado Z-71 Pulling 2017.5 Lance 1985
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:22 AM   #4

Hi Cindy, and welcome to the forum. The AllStar is a very nice coach. I believe you can stand up on either side as the upper section bunks are elevated on each side with the upper floor directly over the queen bed below. Best of luck in finding your coach.

Peter
Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lug_Nut:
I believe you can stand up on either side as the upper section bunks are elevated on each side with the upper floor directly over the queen bed below.
Peter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great point...I didn't think of that. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. Been great for me. I have two small children and I look forward to exchanging ideas. Good luck in your coach search.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #7

go here and type in your zip code(or another in your area)
http://www.newmarcorp.com/xq/ASP.default/pg.service_loc...rvice/qx/default.htm

Will give you Newmar dealers.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:35 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Cindy317 to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
http://hrvc.com/inventory.html
http://arlingtonrv.com/

A couple of links to Dealers I think they have what you looking for.
Enjoy the forums and do ask questions.

We have had over 50 young girls over a 30 year period ,Twins now 19.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #9

I've got to say that I think Newmar wins the best design award for the AllStar. It is unique and provides more space and living quarters than any others for family use. They are also a sharp looking rig too.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #10

50...Yikes!!

I saw those (in the links you posted) but they are the cycle hawlers. They are the AllStar, just a different floor plan. However, Howard RV is the place I plan to buy at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Welcome Cindy317 to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
http://hrvc.com/inventory.html
http://arlingtonrv.com/

A couple of links to Dealers I think they have what you looking for.
Enjoy the forums and do ask questions.

We have had over 50 young girls over a 30 year period ,Twins now 19. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #11

The 4150 is a garage unit. I believe you are looking for a 4154 which has the bedroom and the bunks(however you can convert the 4153 with bedroom into a garage with bunks). Also the 3950 and 3951 have bedroom with overhead bunks. Suggest you go on the Newmar site and select the floor plans you are intersted in and then call Newmar and they will tell you where they can be seen. If you need any general input on the Allstar email us as we have a 4153(garage model).
Old 01-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Cindy,
Do you mean the Allstar 3950 with the twin beds above the queen bed? If so, you can not stand up in the twin bed area. If over 6 feet tall standing in the queen bed area will be difficult.

I have crawled all over the 3950 and the 4154 models. I am excited about both. I prefer the 4154. Unless you plan on altering the twin bed area, in either model, two of the girls will be sleeping in the forward area. This is why I like the 4154. Bunk beds with a door to the master suite provides some, be it minimal privacy. For me the 3950 sleeps, eats and travels for 8, in comfort. It has storage for zero. The 4154 sleeps, eats and travels 8 in comfort and solves the storage problem with a huge storage area under the master bedroom, accessable from the outside.

Go to Allstar Road Trip. This is a site dedicate to two families that have the 3950. They have children and are full timing for two years, with two 3950s.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #13

Luckily, none of us are over 5'10" tall...as long as I can stand up and put pants on I won't be cranky! I don't want to be a hunchback before I turn 30!

I don't like the 4154 (bunks in the hall) because that means you have to walk by sleeping kids to go to the bathroom. I would rather shove an icepick through my head than wake a toddler.

The garage units....well...I had enough trouble getting my husband into the RV world, lets not scare him off by telling him about ATV's and NASCAR stuff quite yet, he might think I'm trying to get him to buy a 5th-wheel and go deer hunting next. (No offense to anyone, we can swap buck fever stories another day )
Old 01-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cindy you could always place a curtain drape across to bunk bed opening.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote