Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Your Newmar Dealer

Is your Newmar dealer anything like mine?

This week we joined and attended our first Newmar Kountry Klub Rally (NKK) here at Flying Flags RV Park in Buelton, California, a small town near the famous Danish city, Solvang. There were 41 coaches in attendance. A spattering of Bay Stars, Canyon Stars, Ventanas, Dutch Stars and one London Air. The bulk of the coaches were Dutch Stars.

Tom Lindstrom, my RV dealer (Moorpark, California), sponsored and contributed to food and entertainment for the three day event. I know many dealers may do the same, but do they attend and participate? He was there two of the three days bringing three new 2019 coaches out for viewing, along with two of his service employees. He was also present for the dinners, last night presenting all 41 couples with a complimentary bottle of wine and an awesome 70's band.

The majority of the couples present, all bought their coaches from Tom and he knows everyone of them by first name. His interaction with the group was amazing. Yesterday, they had a bean bag tournament (corn hole) where 24 couples participated. Tom teamed up with the NKK host, Cheryl Freeman, and the two won the tournament. The NKK had put up a $100.00 to the winner and Tom matched it. Later that evening, they gave their winnings to the second place couple, because Tom had been accused of excessive practicing for the event, by using his employee Scotty, as a bean bag chaser during work hours.

I know there are some great dealers throughout the country, but I've never seen one that is as involved with his clients like Tom Lindstrom. Most dealers would send money to an event, but would be afraid to attend. Maybe that's why he's a Newmar top ten dealer!

We also had three nice mini seminars. One by SkyMed, medical transport insurance. One by Tom Chelbana (a regular poster on here) on operating and maintaining your Newmar. Lastly, there were two west coast service representatives from Newmar. They gave us an update on Newmar and their service goals and were very receptive to some suggestions.

We made many new friends and had a good time!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Oh yeah......I already inked my deal with Tom on the purchase of my new coach.....so this wasn't an attempt to get a discount!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip on Solvang!
Old 08-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Great people, information and fun, made many new friends
Tom Lindstrom RV is the best! Thanks Tom. Stuart W
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #5

always nice to hear good dealer stories....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Sure appears Newmar aligns with top quality dealers.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #7

We are sorry that we missed it. Great write up Don and we missed meeting Newmar Man. All this in our home town. We had already planned our Alaska trip, currently in Vancouver from Sitka via the Marine Highway. Tom Lindstrom is not only a great dealer where you deal with the owner, but also someone who becomes your friend and goes to bat for you.
Hope he plans on this rally for next year.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:32 PM   #8

Yep, I have one that does all of that and even throws a big rally just for his customers and doesn’t miss a minute if it. He even lives in his motorhome! Brett Davis, NIRVC May not be one of a kind but it doesn’t take long to call the roll!
Old 08-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I wanted to buy from Tom but he didn't have one I could order and didn't want to wait for a 19. Went where several times, very nice guy.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #10

I love good dealer stories. I've heard so many horror stories in Camp Newmar that makes me glad I bought from one of the best... National Indoor RV in Lewisville, Texas. Like your dealer, they stand behind you 100% after the sale and are heavily involved in our rallies as well. Brett Davis and his peeps are awesome to deal with and also know their customers on a first name basis. Notice the similarities? These are both caring, helpful dealerships. Can't imagine buying a coach where the dealer forgets who you are as soon as the ink dries on the check.

Kudos to all dealers who stand by their customers, know and care about their customers, and bend over backwards to support their customers.
LostDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #11

Sounds like Tom is one of the great Newmar dealers. Steinbring Motorcoach hosts their "Quartsite North" rally in September at the dealership. It is a dry camping rally as the name might suggest. They usually provide food and entertainment for a 3-day weekend.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Oh yeah......I already inked my deal with Tom on the purchase of my new coach.....so this wasn't an attempt to get a discount!
When Tom quoted us our price, I guess I looked shocked despite the fact it was pretty close to what I expected. He emailed us a few days after we got home and offered to pay for our specials (less than $1000 all together) since I appeared to looked dismayed at the price. IIRC, I told him I wasn't shocked but that I wasn't going to turn down his generous offer. He thought that was funny.

He's a great guy and we couldn't be happier with our experience. He greeted us like old friends every time we visited, bought us Thai food for lunch the day we took delivery and delivered our coach to Las Vegas for free, among other things. If you spend any time at the dealership, you'll see Newmar's drive past and honk. Scotty told us that happens all the time.

And we're small potatoes. We ordered a Bay Star. We ordered in August and took delivery in early December. Tom swapped us into the earliest build slot he had available. Many dealers won't do that, preferring to order a coach with a higher profit margin. But we never felt like we were the low hanging fruit. I doubt our experience would have been any different if we ordered a Dutch Star.

If we buy a Newmar again, which is highly likely in part due to Tom, we'll buy from Tom...and he swears we'll be back in a couple of years to buy a Ventana. We'll see...
Old 09-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
As I have said many times before, I have a great dealer in TomLindstromRV, I would like to challenge Newmar to either fix or replace the subpar Newmar dealers that are constantly mentioned in a bad way on this forum, that tarnish the Newmar Brand
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
As I have said many times before, I have a great dealer in TomLindstromRV, I would like to challenge Newmar to either fix or replace the subpar Newmar dealers that are constantly mentioned in a bad way on this forum, that tarnish the Newmar Brand
Newmar is stuck in a bad place in SoCal. Sure wish they would approve Tom to handle Newmar Luxury coaches.

The tough reality is that the dealer we would like to avoid in SoCal is a very big customer of Newmar. Based on the web sites for Holland and Lindstrom, Holland has 44 Newmar spec units for sale and Lindstrom has 12. Even more impressive is that the Holland 44 spec units contain a heavy mix to the Newmar Luxury coaches. So the bottom line is that Holland is a very big customer to Newmar. Unlikely we will see any change.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar