Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Mac, our 04 also had the adjustable pedals and the shroud, so I don't know if this means they have a new setup there or if it is cost cutting. In any case, I put this on my Focus Group list...that we want something to cover all of that wiring, as it looks terrible.

I'll have to check on the seat pedestals when we get our coach later this week, and I'll let you know.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
MacandSandy, a list like you mentioned sure makes a buyer concerned about buying brand new, especially if the warranty work cannot be completed until October. That is just not acceptable in my book.

Janet in Edmonds
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #17

Basil,
thanks, I will check to see if it is working again when I get it out of storage tomorrow (gotta get it ready for Hemet Rally)
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #18

M&S- It may help slide repair effectiveness to understand the adjustment problem. Run the slide out almost all the way (the last 3 or 4 inches is where it should be easing down into place flush w/the floor and you want it in the earliest phase of where it should be going to flat). One of you on hands & knees & looking under the carpet flap should be able to observe what hapens from this point to the limit of slide travel while the other operates the slide out to its full-out position. Maybe the slide isn't going all the way out; maybe not easing down on one side; maybe the edge of the slide is not trimmed square so it can land parallel to the coach floor (or the coach floor is not trimmed square) and the edges collide to some extent (that's what happens w/our coach); maybe there is an obstacle keeping the slide from easing into position (I had some debris in the crack between slide & coach including somebody's pencil and some tile chips, the latter probably from the coach/slide mating lines not being square and the tile pieces breaking off when parts of the two floors tried to occupy the same space).

If you have the problem at least partially diagnosed before hand, you can see if repair work, when completed, covers all the problems you can visually identify.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #19

Basil,
thanks for the tip. I picked up the coach today, turned on the battery switches and low and behold.... the step worked!.. Will keep that in mind if it ever happens again.

NOW I am ready for Hemet!! be there tomorrow afternoon...
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #20

To all,
We picked up the coach at the dealers shop in
Yuma.
I elected not to do a Factory pickup as I thought it to expensive. 2000dollars plus my travel to and back. Maybe the factory would have been a better option. If some people think that the factory can do a better PDI job, then maybe that team should inspect all coaches before thay leave the factory.

I will not wait until I can get a factory appointment to get my problems fixed. We will find a place in the Phoenix area to get the warrenty stuff fixed. Just trying to save WRV some money. It will cost them much more to
pay someone down here to fix the problems.

Thanks to EegineeerMike for slide help. Have alread found lots of stuff under carpet flap(screws and washers. who knows waht else my lurk down there.

All in all I would say that my 99 had fewer defects and a better PDI than my 03 or 07.

Mac
Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #21

When I did call to get an appointment at the factory, I was told one of the reason they are so booked up is that they lost 5 service bays
when facilities were combined. So much for the letter I got with my warrenty card that said call and schedule an appointment.

Mac
Old 04-27-2007, 03:26 AM   #22

MacandSandy, I posted an additional post in reference to yours. There apparently was something wromg with this site one evening as I attempted to post it on this post and it would not take. If you get an opportunity read the post I put in, referencing your problems. If you recall this all started because I wanted to see the list of your problems. If you did not see it, it may be worth reading.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:46 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Mac, we're back from our Hemet rally, and I did look at our front seat pedestals. The pedestal base is not covered with carpet, but if you have the 3 point chairs that have full skirts, you can't see that. It's only with the 2 point chairs that have only partial skirts that you can see that base. I would guess that they changed the process because they are installing the 3 points in all spec rigs.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #24

Gail, what do you mean by spec rigs?

Mac
Only on our 3rd Alpine
Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Mac...what only your 3rd Alpine????

As I understand it, while WRV builds coaches for specific buyers, like us, to our specifications, as well as some that are special ordered by dealers with options they like, they also build coaches where WRV decides which options to include. These "spec" coaches are then shipped to dealers for sale to whoever happens to walk in.

I hope that is clearer than mud!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #26

Thanks, Gail
That clears the water a tad.

Mac
Old 05-27-2007, 07:14 AM   #27

Here are some additional problems since my original post.
-Hydraulic leak in cylinder in first drawer at front of water tank.
-Back splash pulling away from wall.
-back slide retracks very slow.
-paint bubbles and peeling on kitchen slide.
-Bay drawers creep out about 1 inch while stored.

Still working with factory on getting an early appointment. Going very slowly. Have sent pictures for most problems.

Mac
2007 36' FDTS SE
Old 05-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #28

Mac- I'll bet drawer creep & hydraulic cyl. leak are the same thing. My LF slide did same thing. I mopped the leaking fluid off fittings, operated the slide to see what was leaking, then used a pair of wrenches to tighten the fitting that was loose. If yours is just a fitting needing snugging down, its an easy fix. If it is a broken hose connection you'll need HWH tech assistance. Good luck.