Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 AM   #1

Mac&Sandy,
Would you share with us some of your problems with your new coach. It would be very beneficial to me and am sure to others in the forum.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 AM   #2

Mac&Sandy,
Would you share with us some of your problems with your new coach. It would be very beneficial to me and am sure to others in the forum.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #3

Ted here goes
-Curbside slide does not go flat
-Sanitation door does not lock, security problem as drawer controls are in this compartment
-Extra holes left in door frame after keyless entry was installed, not sealed up
-keyless entry control box not mounted on firewall left laying on floor
-Several switch bezels not labed as to what lights are controlled by what switches.
-sanitation dump valves not labeled
-wood trim above counter tops coming off
-rubbing compound not cleaned off outside of coach
-one daynight shade has glue or caulking running down it.
-one daynight shade different color that rest of coach.
-loose electrical box above counter tops.
-about 20 loose staples in carpeting. Hurt when they are stepped on.
-3 out of 5 drain valves not labled.
-3 strips of molding above bay drawers loose.
-screen door rubbet seal ripping at one corner.
-screen door drags on lower corner
-Lots of manuals missing.

Things that just seem wrong, different than my 03.
-Switch must be in AUX or On position to play radio
-must run water pump to dump fresh water tank
-passenger and driver seat mounts not covered by carpet
-top of fuel and brake pedels not covered by a shroud.

I will add more as I find them.

Mac
Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
The Swans had warned me about missing manuals, so I made a list of all manuals that I expected to have and compared the ones supplied to that list. There were quite a few missing, including the WRV owner's manual. Izzy took my list of missing manuals, and came back with all of them the next day. Thank you, Izzy!

I don't know what is happening there...why are all of these manuals missing when a new coach is being picked up? It wasn't too bad for us, as we were doing factory pick-up, but if someone is picking up from their dealer, there is no quick remedy. WRV needs to put together a list of manuals that should be included and put that list along with the manuals inside of every new coach. If they check them off visibly on the list, each owner would know they got everything...IMHO (to borrow from Engineer Mike!).
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #5

I've been lurking on this site for a while, as we are possibley interested in buying an Alpine. In my opinion, this list of problems doesn't seem too bad...it seems like they are mostly quick and easy fixes, except perhaps for the curbside slide. Am I missing something?
greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #6

yes they are all simple fixes, biggest problem is finding someone to do the warrenty work.
Tried to get an appointment at factory, but none available until after OCT. WRV even new some of the manuals were missing as there was a note on one of the black binders they use.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #7

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Curbside slide does not go flat
-Sanitation door does not lock, security problem as drawer controls are in this compartment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mac, Our dinette slide was way off the floor when extended. Max & Chemo fixed it when others could not.

The Smart-Bed control switches in the sanitation bay are deactivated when you turn off the "storage lights" switch by the passenger seat. Of course, a lot of us leave the switch on and burn out multiple sets of basement lights. I plan to replace them with units with a switch on the light so I can turn them on only when needed.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #8

Basil,
On the SE the inside switch only turns off the
lights. Drawers can still be opened with Drawer switches inside and in the sanitation
compartment

Mac
Old 04-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Basil & Sue,

WRV has solved the problem of accidentally leaving the basement lights on by putting a little red warning light in the wood just above the front door. I hadn't thought that much about it at the time Izzy showed it to us, but it's a good feature.

I wonder if the deactivation of the Smart Bed switches in the sanitation bay is only applicable in the Apex. On the SE, those are the only switches for the street side Smart Beds, and I know we used them without the lights being on. (After this was posted, I noticed that Mac just beat me to this point.)
Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #10

Gail and John,
I was just going over my 12 volt distribution in the owners manual (which was missing along with several other manuals when we picked the coach up). I was going over te 12 volt distribution because my entry step stopped working and I was looking for a fuse or something that would simply fix it.
I did not see where the basement lights and the smart beds were tied together (deactivating them) on our SE. I know on ours all 4 slides operate with the lights on or off. Perhaps it is an APEX thing.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:18 AM   #11

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On the SE the inside switch only turns off the lights. Drawers can still be opened with Drawer switches inside and in the sanitation compartment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys have found a problem on the SE that also applies to the Apex. The inside switch turns off the lights in the basement, turns off the little red light that I often do not see and deactivates the Smart-Bed touch pads (early Apex) BUT NOT THE SWITCHES IN THE SANITATION BAY. After 16 months fulltime in this coach, I had never noticed this.

I would rather deactivate the switches than lock the sanitation compartment.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was going over te 12 volt distribution because my entry step stopped working and I was looking for a fuse or something that would simply fix it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hugh, try turning off shore power and coach DC to reset the Vansco box. I have seen this in a number of coaches including mine.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:08 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
I contacted WRV about the missing manuals and the deletion of the shroud above the accelerator and brake pedals. The reply I got was:

1. They are already working on a checklist to track everything in production, including the inclusion of all appropriate manuals. I guess they realized that a lot of us were requesting the missing manuals, so got on it.

2. The shroud was eliminated because of the space needed for the upgraded adjustable pedals, which is apparently the same thing other manufacturers had to do when they adopted these new pedals. I would still like to see something up high to cover all of the wires.

Basil, I'll add the deactivation of the Smart Bed switches in the sanitation bay to our Focus Group list. I agree that there must be some way to deactivate these, as I don't think John wants to lock the sanitation bay all the time either.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #14

Gail, on my 03 I had the adjustable pedals and the shroud. Sound more like cost cutting.
On your SE are the Seat pedastels covered with Carpet??