Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Open the doors under the bathroom sink....look up and to your left and you will see a circut board....more then likely one of the two relays are not working, or one of the fuses are blown. The relays are soldered in the board and you might have a cold solder connection. Check to see if one of the relays are loose and if so just resolder and you are back in business.
Joe Darling

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
What? There is no circuit board under my sink, unless it's behind the 120V or 12V fuse panel in the lower part of that cabinet. Are you talking about a HWH control box, if that is the case, then that is in the basement above the large smart bed. I will look, and if I find it I will do as you suggest. Do you know if I can adjust the closing of that same slide by moving those two bolts I see on the sissors mechanism on each side?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #31

The scissor slide mechanism is pretty straight-forward--the pump continues to supply fluid/force as long as you are holding down the extend/retract button--no stop sensors [is an Apex different in this regard?] The "adjustment" bolts shouldnt have moved [assumes slide was going out all the way before {leaves about a 4" gap between slide trim board and side of coach when fully extended}]. If slide is not fully extending or retracting, either the pump is low on fluid or there is an obstruction in the slides path--dont think there are any other causes.
However, the vanity slide does have two rams and a syncro-tube, the rams could get out of sync but the slide would appear twisted is this happened--I would think. Procedure to re-sycn the rams on the main slide is to disconnect both rams from the slide and repeatedly run the rams in and out to their max extend/retract position.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
OS & All - The slide goes out all the way, and comes all the way in at the top. At the bottom there is as much as a 1/4" gap between side wall and slide, so when in rain when going down the road, water will come in at the bottom. I want to know if there are adjustment's which can be made in the scissor mechanism so the 1/4" gap disappears? If not, then I have to figure out what other options I have. I don't think the syncro-tube is the issue, as the slide goes in and out evenly. So now maybe I have made the issue clearer so you know what I'm asking here – separate issue from the below.

With this silverleaf/HWH switch disparity, I am leaning toward a relay issue, one person said they are under the vanity sink, there are no relays under my vanity sink, I know this from fixing the sink trap two years ago being almost on my head to get at it. So, I’m open to other suggestions on where they are, but since APEX’s are a different breed of cat, I am hoping other apex owners chime in with what their experiences have been. I am not going to drive to HWH home base to have them fix it; I can/will figure it out with others help herein. Silverleaf says it's in the Basement HWH panel, and lights will tell the story. I have some other issues to deal with before I can take it out of its bay and crawl into the basement and check those lights/relays for correct operation. It might be the solenoid, but since it works on the HWH exterior panel switch, and not on the S/L system, I’m going with it's a relay like EM and Silverleaf say it is. S/L did say, the HWH switches bypass the control panel under the house and drive the mechanism directly (as EM understands it, all smartbeds are wired this way so they work all the time, even in HWH motherboard failure) so it makes more sense to believe a relay is the problem, not a solenoid valve. If the valve were at fault, it would not work at all, however, there are times it does/has not worked with the switch, and now it does, so it might be both a valve and a relay. Still looking into it. And if necessary I can live without it working at all, since there is enough room in the bedroom to get around if necessary, the extra room is nice, but not a trip killer.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #33

"KO"--Apex is different. If the vanity or bed slides cycle to open or to close on their own [eg, you dont have the manual button like I described earlier] then there must be some parameter that tells the slide [pump] when to stop trying to close--sensor or amp load condition on the pump--somethng. Dont think the scissor mechanism itself is adjustable but it seems like you can adjust how the scissor mechanism is connected to the slide. Screws or lags--the scissor might even have a slot for just such an adjustment. Problem is you may be able to physically adjust the way the scissor is attached to the slide but unless you know why the slide is stopping short, your adjustment may not correct anything. I'll recheck our scissor slide in the AM to see if it can be adjusted.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
FWIW - Checked the HWH 625 series manual, it has nothing I can find in a picture which exactly describes the thing, however I think I am missing a page or two, so I will make sure I have the correct manuals, etc, and then re-read the thing. Will keep you posted.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #35

Monty- are you using this HWH manual for the Apex with dual pumps?
Its listed as the Apex system manual under Western RV on the HWH website.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
Mike I have never seen this one before. Thank you for sending the link. I have downloaded and saved it. I will print it out and it will take the place of the 625 manual I have been using. FWIW - HWH did not send me the proper one, they sayd the 625 one was the closest one they had when I called them. Thank you again.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #37

Upon visual inspection of the scissor mechanism in our 03 [Apex could be different]--it appears "adjusting" the scissor arms where they attach to the slide would not be easy or desireable [lag screws thru spacing blocks into the side of the slide]. However, I noticed there is a threaded rod with lock-nuts at the lower end of each ram. Assuming you dont find a Sliverleaf/HWH interface solution, you might try some small adjustments to the threaded rods to raise the rams and increase scissor travel in the closed position.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #38

Monty-If you can't get adjusted right, there is one person who lives fairly close to you in Keizer,OR that I am sure can fix it no problem. Joe Elwell 503 551 9799 jjewell@msn.com . When I talked to Martin the owner of Silverleaf, he recommended him and gave me Joe's phone number. Joe understands how Silverleaf and HWH work together and worked on problems for WRV and at the plant. I have had Joe come my house several times and he done a good job for me. He also goes to rallies and fixes HWH problems. If it were me, I would at least talk to Joe first.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
Kraig, FWIW I sent him an e-mail with what I think is wrong with it. I will post what he says if it's beneficial to this discussion. It also might be the solenoid valve acting up, but it's weird if it is when it works one way and not the other.

His e-mail failed and was returned, so it's not a good address any longer. Thank you anyway. I will try to call him tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Monty - FWIW - the link to Joe's email address leaves out the first L in ELWELL.
Joe Elwell <jjelwell@msn.com>
You will probably have more success in emailing him than in calling him.
I haven't talked with him for awhile but try the right email address first.

#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote