Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #1

1-week parking...Anacortes, WA ?

We are planning a 1-week trip to Lopez Island, WA in July. It's in the San Juan Islands. Would like to leave the coach in or near Anacortes while staying with friends. Any suggestions? Secure storage, 30 or 50 amp power ideal. The only thing I've come up with is Fuldalgo Bay, but must rent a full space @min. of $30 per day. That's a lot of money for storage.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #2

I believe you can rent a barge & tug service @ Bellingham just north of Anacortes. Load the rig on the barge, have the tug tow you to Fish Bay on Lopez (great anchorage), then tow you back when you're done. Try some of Winnie's buns if Winnie is still there. I loved waking up to Winnie's hot buns, mmmmm.

And don't mention my name, or the Wreck of the Wendy Lee.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #3

I kept a boat that I commuted to Eliza Island with at a turf and bulb farm that was located on the north side of SR20. Probably more RV storage buildings along the Mt Vernon to Anacortes highway than anywhere I have been. These are large storage building for potatoes and bulbs and they double as public storage during the off season. Getting 110 power should be no problem. My experience with these farmers has been very positive. Contact me if you should need more information, maybe I can find a receipt.
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #4

Rick,

Depending on the time, you could use my storage area near Auburn for free, It's covered, secure, and has 30 amp power. We have a NoWaCa rally July 22 to 26 in Port Townsend, and we plan to go to it. We can move our coach to our house for a few days to make up the difference in time.

Or, PM me with your time in Anacortes and I'll see if there's a way I can work around the two places -- my house and our storage area to give you room at one or the other place. It's a little ways to Anacortes but either is free and secure.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #5

Old...I'll call or pm you in the next day or so. We just got to Indio yesterday afternoon for a short turn around trip to see a sick friend.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #6

Rick, you've had several offers of help, maybe you're already set... I have a 35 acre farm in Anacortes and I may be able to accommodate you. Send me a PM. -wheeler

2004 Alpenlite Venice
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #7

Wheeler- check your pm's.