Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Jan & Joe,

I agree with Hugh & Cyndi. We drive around in a 40 feeter (as an old friend once called them), and easily find accommodating parks near where we want to visit. When our SoCal club looks for interesting places for our rallies (where we all have 34 to 40 foot rigs), we can always find an RV park that can handle our larger rigs, including the slideouts.

We keep copies of the Trailer Life campground guide at home and in the coach; their listings let you know the size of their campsites, so you can find what you need.

I sure hope this rig works out for you. Let us all know how it is going. Good luck!

Hugh & Cyndi...we miss you!!!!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #16

Back in our Safari Trek days, I met a couple that full timed in a 28' Trek (no where near the storage as a diesel pusher) for several years. Its just a question of what junk you need to haul around, and what junk can you make do without. That's true no matter the size of your rig, even a 45 feeter. I can't carry my drill press reasonably, and if we carried all my wife's clothing, well, er, uh, ummm , let's just say you have to make compromises in all areas.

I have to say there isn't much I really want for when we are on the road. You learn pretty fast (once you have to) to look at a thing and decide if it is life or death that you drag it around.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #17

Mike- I am SO disappointed to learn that you don't have a drill press AND a CNC mill stored under your coach!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #18

Hey, thanks everyone for all the replies! We're still looking since they wouldn't budge on the price on that 99.
Still like the Alpine the best.

Thanks again, Jan
Old 01-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #19

Rick- I'm working on an inflatable model
Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
I do carry my drill press and it has been life or death a couple times! LOL
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by jjwinters:
Hey, thanks everyone for all the replies! We're still looking since they wouldn't budge on the price on that 99.
Still like the Alpine the best.

Thanks again, Jan
The price does not seem unreasonable and if you like the coach, just buy it. Sometimes it is just not worth the time to get a couple of extra bucks out of a deal. Seems like a fair deal.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Jan,
Keep their number. In 3 months with no other offers, they may be much more accomodating. I remember looking at a brick and morter house before building our current one. It was listed at one price for several months, with no sale. Then, for some bizarre reason, they RAISED the price by $40,000. Still no sale for a few months. When we saw the house it was listed at the higher price (but the history was available on MLS). We liked it but not at the new price. Made an offer very close to the original asking price. They said no and we moved on. Then 6 months later, we got a call from the realtor. House was still unsold and they were begging us to make an offer any where close to our original, lower price. No deal.

People sometimes get irrational before reality sets in. So, if you don't find what you want, be patient. Then check back. Might be pleasantly surprised. That said, when you know what you want and there is a fair deal available, don't proscratinate.

Good luck and let us know what you buy.