Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
2000 40FDS with Hydralic brake problems.

Ok, let me start over with more info.My coach is a 2000 40" FDS , serial# 74012. I have owned it for about 7 years. When parked and engine off I can step on the brake and you can hear the brake booster motor run and the pedal will operate the brakes. Now, the motor will not run and pedal is hard as a rock and unable to depress. I found a relay next to the brake booster that controls this motor and it is activated when pedal is depressed. The relay is working correctly but there is no power going through it to turn the motor on. I ran a wire to test motor and its fine. There are no fuses near the booster, just the relay which I replaced . Is there any place to fine the 12V schematic for this coach or does anyone have any info on this problem? Thanks. Gator

gatorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #2

Have you tried here:
Alpine Coach - Technical Information

Go to "Electrical Systems" and then click on "1997-2003 Wiring Documents"

wolfe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
I have not. I will check it out. Thank You.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Probably not the case but have you checked the engine disconnect switch to make sure it is engaged?
'01 Alpine 36 FDDS
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #5
The power wire into the pump relay is labeled 1126, the power wire from relay to pump is 1041, both are 12ga white.
I believe you indicate there is 12v to the coil of the relay but no 12v to the power side, i.e. 1126.
You don't state if you have checked continuity between 1126 and 1041 to verify the relay is working.

Paper schematics I have indicate 1126 is fed as follows:
Chassis disconnect switch, if original setup, shows 2ea #2red inputs into switch (from chassis batts & from chassis/house isolator, and then single #2 out to a pair of 105A self-resetting breakers or fuses (don't know physical location). At the pair of 105A overcurrent devices, 2 studs @ each device 4 studs total you will find:
First device: 1ea single stud has 1/0-red out to front firewall main positive stud
The opposite stud on that device has 3 wires, #2red in from chassis disconnect, unknown sized red that hops between this device & the other 105A overcurrent device, and 1ea #6red out to one of the grid heaters for engine intake air when it is cold.
On second 105A overcurrent device, one stud has two wires, and the other stud has one #6 unknown color, probably white & labeled 1126, out to pin R of a 9-pin "engine/chassis" connector (can't tell you where, sorry). From the opposite side of the 9-pin connector, #6 1126 has a splice in it to #12 and goes to the relay in question.

If the 105A fuse burned (or if its a breaker that has broken) then the 1126 wire has no 12V. If 105A fuse is intact w/voltage on both sides, then open condition is elsewhere in the circuit.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #6
Thanks for wiring info. I'm on a month trip to Mount Rushmore and haven't had time to investigate. I did find that the brake backup motor does work intermittently so I'm pretty sure it's a relay somewhere. I have added a temporary 12v wire with a switch for emergencies until I get this fixed. Thanks for your help. Gator

brake, ems, problems